Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MainSqueeze - Squeezebox Server based music player for the Roku DVP

If you have a Roku Netflix Player/DVP, you may be interested in knowing that I've released a Squeezebox Server based music player channel for it. You can find more information here: http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=31915

And some eye candy...

Now Playing Screen

Music Library Screen

Cover Art Screen

Album Information Screen

pski
    Looks interesting but lack of flac and m4a makes it impossible for me...

P

yeah, no Ogg-Vorbis and no Flac, no Roku. Hopefully they'll update this in the future.

Looks good, worked for me. Of course I don't have very many MP3s though.

On large libraries it is my opinion that it needs a search function or at a minimum a Jump to Letter X feature/function.

WARNING: If you attempt to play any file other then the files it supports, it will crash and/or lock up your Roku Player.
    iPhone
    Media Room:
    ModWright Platinum Signature Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5 Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:
    Transporter, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2, Two VSM-1

Office: Touch with Vandersteen VSM-1s
    Kitchen: Touch in-wall mount w/ Thiel Powerpoint 1.2s
    Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
    Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio
    Around the House: SliMP3, SB1, SB2, SB3
    Ford Thunderbird: Duet, Mac Mini
    Ford Expedition: SB Touch, USB drive

Roku doesn't connect

I haven't been able to connect, I've added my IP address and Port and I continue to get an error message. Could this be due to the fact I have the Roku player wired and I'm running my duets wireless?

What a brilliant program - works a treat!

That from me is a real accolade because usually I am so disappointed and cranky about 'feature' addons, etc.

Sad there seem to be no developments recently - but maybe it's so good, it doesn't need any!
    Touch - Muse M50 EX TPA3123 T-Amp Mini - Acoustics Q10 speakers
    Logitech Radio
    Logitech UE Smart Radio
    Raspberry Pi + Squeezeplug LMS + Squeezelite - Logitech Mini Boombox speaker (mothballed)
    Cubieboard + Debian 7 + LMS 7.8.1 + Squeezelite - Soundwave SW100 bluetooth speaker
    O2 Joggler + SqpOS + Aune X2 T-amp + Mordaunt Short ms-3.40 speakers
    IBOX + Debian 7 + LMS 7.8.1 + Squeezelite - Logitech Mini Boombox speaker - Soundwave SW100 bluetooth speaker

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    What a brilliant program - works a treat!

That from me is a real accolade because usually I am so disappointed and cranky about 'feature' addons, etc.

Sad there seem to be no developments recently - but maybe it's so good, it doesn't need any!
    Ooops - have run into a strange issue. When I switch to Album Art - there's only ever ONE cover displayed - all the others are just generic grey disks. I've rescanned the files, tried different LMS versions on 3 separate PCs, always the same problem. Another quirk is that on occasion the one art image can change to a different album.

Anyone else seen this phenomenon?

I'm at a loss to determine where the problem lies ....
    Logitech Radio
    Logitech UE Smart Radio
    Raspberry Pi + Squeezeplug LMS + Squeezelite - Logitech Mini Boombox speaker (mothballed)
    Cubieboard + Debian 7 + LMS 7.8.1 + Squeezelite - Soundwave SW100 bluetooth speaker
    IBOX + Debian 7 + LMS 7.8.1 + Squeezelite - Logitech Mini Boombox speaker - Soundwave SW100 bluetooth speaker

Ooops - have run into a strange issue. When I switch to Album Art - there's only ever ONE cover displayed - all the others are just generic grey disks. I've rescanned the files, tried different LMS versions on 3 separate PCs, always the same problem. Another quirk is that on occasion the one art image can change to a different album.

Anyone else seen this phenomenon?

I'm at a loss to determine where the problem lies ....
    Simply a note - the author has updated this Roku app and album art displays perfectly now.

If you have a Roku, install this app!
    Logitech Radio
    Logitech UE Smart Radio

Simply a note - the author has updated this Roku app and album art displays perfectly now.

If you have a Roku, install this app!
    But does it still lock up on FLAC (etc.) files? Is there any hope of those files playing?

I find the interface really clunky/slow/difficult to use. And it does lock up with FLAC which makes it a non-starter for me.

Anyone know of a channel for Roku that simply displays the now-playing info for a specified player? I don't actually care about playing the audio through my Roku.
    1x SB1, 3x SB1g, 1x SB2, 1x SB3, 2x Booms