Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks!
    2 x SB3 (wired), Receiver (wired), Boom (wireless), Controller, iPeng on iPhone 4 & iPad, muso on remote computer running Win 7 64-bit | 7.7.3 on Win XP

Release News - 1.4.09

Fix startup issue with empty registration details (eg. in trial period).

Release News - 1.4.10

Read COMPOSER, CONDUCTOR and ORCHESTRA extended Ogg Vorbis tags on file scan (flac and ogg files).

Release News - version 1.4.11

Read .txt files for album artwork page - the link on the album page is based on the file name, on hover (or click) inject the content into the display.

Fixed some minor issues with SQLite db scan.

Put SQLite.Interop.dll in place on x64.

Ensure internal thumbnail names do not have a leading space - can cause albums page not to show cover.

Album artwork page - make it look into sub-folders named "scans", "covers", "art", "artwork", "pics", and "pictures". For pdfs make it look into sub-folders named "scans" and "booklet".

Feature Request

At present muso uses last.fm and amazon to provide additional information on albums and artists. Is there any way the information from all music guide (allmusic.com) can added to muso. The plugins "Album Review" and "Biography" use allmusic.com as the information source and having allmusic.com's information as well last.fm and amazon's information would greatly enhance this already wonderful music library front end. Is "music library front end" the right term for muso?

And thank you very much for adding the ability to read text files directly. I'm updating my copies of muso and will post feedback in the other muso thread.

I just updated to version 1.4.11 and the info (text) reader works great!
    Last edited by ralphpnj; 2012-01-31 at 07:48. Reason: Added thank you & comment
    Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. & sub
    Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
    Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Energy sub
    Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
    Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
    Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
    Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
    Server: SBS on dedicated windows 7 computer w/2 Drobos
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by ralphpnj View Post
    At present muso uses last.fm and amazon to provide additional information on albums and artists. Is there any way the information from all music guide (allmusic.com) can added to muso. The plugins "Album Review" and "Biography" use allmusic.com as the information source and having allmusic.com's information as well last.fm and amazon's information would greatly enhance this already wonderful music library front end.
    I did look at this possibility during development but there was some good reason at that time it couldn't be done - I'll check the situation now. I certainly can't see any information about an open API on the main pages, so it may be a closed interface only available by agreement with them, which may be prohibitively difficult or expensive.

EDIT: The author of those two plugins you mention is on these forums - I'll try asking him.
    Last edited by jezbo; 2012-01-31 at 09:01.

Quote Originally Posted by jezbo View Post
    I did look at this possibility during development but there was some good reason at that time it couldn't be done - I'll check the situation now.
    Thank you! I do think that access to the information from all music guide would greatly enhance muso. Once you hopefully get that worked out then you can try creating new links based on that information. For example a hyperlink to given performer within my music library based on the amg credits information from the "now playing" album. muso already does some hyperlinking and the more hyperlinks the more information one can retrieve and the more one can "explore" and learn about one's music library.
    Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Energy sub
    Last.fm

Thank you! I do think that access to the information from all music guide would greatly enhance muso. Once you hopefully get that worked out then you can try creating new links based on that information. For example a hyperlink to given performer within my music library based on the amg credits information from the "now playing" album. muso already does some hyperlinking and the more hyperlinks the more information one can retrieve and the more one can "explore" and learn about one's music library.
    Unfortunately it's as I suspected - it's prohibitively expensive to arrange to access the AMG database directly.

Quote Originally Posted by jezbo View Post
    Unfortunately it's as I suspected - it's prohibitively expensive to arrange to access the AMG database directly.
    That's too bad. Is there anyway to access the AMG database indirectly, i.e. by first accessing the plugins "Album Review" and "Biography" and then somehow importing the information into the muso now playing display?

Please forgive me if my ideas sound a bit wacky - I'm not a programmer so I don't think like one and tend to go "outside the box" that programmer think in.
    Last.fm

That's too bad. Is there anyway to access the AMG database indirectly, i.e. by first accessing the plugins "Album Review" and "Biography" and then somehow importing the information into the muso now playing display?

Please forgive me if my ideas sound a bit wacky - I'm not a programmer so I don't think like one and tend to go "outside the box" that programmer think in.
    That depends if the information fetched by the plugins is stored in the SQLite database, or is fetched from the web on the fly - even if it's the former I can only get at it if the plugin fetches it first. I'll see though.