Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chevvies
    • Dec 2006

SBS can't rescan new music?

I recently did a lot of 24/96 Apple Lossless needledrops into my iTunes library, but after a rescan only two of the tracks were found.

I was using 7.5.1 so I tried 7.5.2 and even 7.6.0. with no luck. I believe there was a previous problem with 7.4 playing Apple Lossless 24bit tracks, which is when I was advised to try 7.5.1 so I couldn't go back to that anyway.

I'm really looking forward to hearing these tracks, and been trying for days, and even though the SB3 'down samples' they still sound great.

Thanks.
    Meridian GO6, 506, Squeezebox 3, Oppo DV980H, Marantz TT15S1, MacBook Pro, MacBook, iBook G4, Cambridge Audio DacMagic, Humax HD FoxT2 > Grover SC > Wyred4Sound ST 1000 + Cyrus PreXVS > Ecosse ES 4.45 bi-wire > ATC SCM19, Atacama SL500, FlexyTable, Panasonic 37PX80B.
  • Phil Leigh
    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by chevvies
    I recently did a lot of 24/96 Apple Lossless needledrops into my iTunes library, but after a rescan only two of the tracks were found.

I was using 7.5.1 so I tried 7.5.2 and even 7.6.0. with no luck. I believe there was a previous problem with 7.4 playing Apple Lossless 24bit tracks, which is when I was advised to try 7.5.1 so I couldn't go back to that anyway.

I'm really looking forward to hearing these tracks, and been trying for days, and even though the SB3 'down samples' they still sound great.

Thanks.
    The problems you refer to were with playback, not scanning.

Have you done a FULL RESCAN yet?
    Have you checked the tags are set correctly in each file?
    You want to see the signal path BEFORE it gets onto a CD/vinyl...it ain't what you'd call minimal...
    Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
    Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
    Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.

Comment

• chevvies
      • Dec 2006

Thanks. I tried the full rescan, still the same.

I haven't checked the tags before, sorry, can you tell me how I do that?

Thanks.
      Meridian GO6, 506, Squeezebox 3, Oppo DV980H, Marantz TT15S1, MacBook Pro, MacBook, iBook G4, Cambridge Audio DacMagic, Humax HD FoxT2 > Grover SC > Wyred4Sound ST 1000 + Cyrus PreXVS > Ecosse ES 4.45 bi-wire > ATC SCM19, Atacama SL500, FlexyTable, Panasonic 37PX80B.

Comment

• garym
        • May 2008

Originally posted by chevvies
        Thanks. I tried the full rescan, still the same.

I haven't checked the tags before, sorry, can you tell me how I do that?

Thanks.
        mp3tag
        load files, right click, select extended tags and you'll see all tags in a file with values.
        (and it works with FLAC, etc.)
        Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
        Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
        Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
        The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
        Controllers: Material Skin, iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), or CONTROLLER
        Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• Nonreality
          • Feb 2008

Make sure you go into options on mp3tag and have it read every option and get rid of the tags you don't want.
          If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use is the rule.

HTTP://www.last.fm/user/nonreality

Comment

Working...