Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 117 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Squeezepad does not pick up my Touch on 7.6

Hi bluegaspode, congrats on getting the app out for the iPad.

It has picked up my Squeezebox Boom, but there's no sign of my Squeezebox Touch: Squeezepad only picks up 1 player, of the 2 listed below.

Version: 7.6.0 - r31084 @ Wed Jul 21 02:04:34 PDT 2010
    Hostname: debian
    IP: 192.168.15.110
    HTTP Port: 9000
    Platform: armv5tel-linux
    Perl Version: 5.10.1 - arm-linux-gnueabi-thread-multi
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.29 (sqlite 3.6.22)
    Total Players Recognized: 2

How do I get Squeezepad to find my Touch? I can't find anything on your menus to get Squeezepad to do a search.

Otherwise, Squeezepad is working fine - it is a little unexciting as yet but I hope that over time you will develop it to make more use of the iPad's capabilities.

Update: I turned on the Touch manually with its remote, restarted Squeezepad (having confirmed in the meantime that iPeng was picking up both players), and it then found both the Boom and the Touch. The place to look is under Settings, Advanced, Squeezebox Information.

Note: I find all the right flicking to be a right nuisance. Most apps will respond to a gentle flick. Is a side benefit major muscle development of the fingers?
    Last edited by kesey; 2010-07-23 at 05:46.
    Squeezebox Classic:2; Duet: 1; Boom:1; Touch:1; Wandboard Quad; Squeezelite.
    Server: Wandboard Quad with SoA; Raspberry Pi/Wolfson Card with Squeezeplug 7.06; (backup:Win 8 Pro 64 bit, Sheevaplug with Squeezeplug); iPeng, iPeng for Ipad, Orange Squeeze, Squeezepad, LMS Version: Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0

Good to hear you got it working !
    If a device is (completely) off for a longer time it isn't registered with the server anymore (happens to me sometimes with the Controller when it shuts off). If you turn it on then it should appear again in the menu - a restart shouldn't be necessary (but of course sometimes still helps).

But the Touch actually should only be in Soft-Off I guess and never disappear.
    Please observe the behaviour - if it happens again please check:
    - is it still showing on the WebUI (if not it won't be visible in SqueezePad as well) ?

Quote Originally Posted by kesey View Post
    Note: I find all the right flicking to be a right nuisance. Most apps will respond to a gentle flick. Is a side benefit major muscle development of the fingers?
    Hmm- I'm using the official Apple API to recognize the swipe gestures - there's nothing to finetune to recognize a 'gentle' flick .
    The first bugfix version which will be submitted to Apple soon will allow you to tap the title of a menu if you don't like swiping. Also remember that a long press (already in the current version) will go directly to the home menu, which might make some swipes unecessary.
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

I've had an issue with 7.6, too, a few times when some players were only being reported in the serverstatus but never delivered a playerstatus although they were fully connected and even playing.
    They were reported by the Web UI but neither iPeng nor my Controller could use them.
    Restarting the server fixed it.

Edit: I see iPeng reported the players, then it must be a different issue.
    Last edited by pippin; 2010-07-23 at 06:35.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 8, the Universal App for iOS 7 and iOS 8

I'm watching serverstatus messages only (for the list of players). So if players are connected to a different server than the one configured in SqueezePad I wouldn't show them (maybe the Touch was connected to MySB.com or its own internal server ?).

Anyway - I don't officially support the 7.6 beta server yet, so I can always take this as an excuse for every strange side effect
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

Quote Originally Posted by bluegaspode View Post
    Is it working at all with 7.3 ? Or no success ?
    Just tried it briefly before bed (Sydney time) and it just got to the "connecting to server" screen and stayed there for heaps, does it take a while to cache or should it load up pretty quick?

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by achjimmy View Post
    Just tried it briefly before bed (Sydney time) and it just got to the "connecting to server" screen and stayed there for heaps, does it take a while to cache or should it load up pretty quick?
    Jim
    The 'server disconnected' message should disappear within a second, everything (i.e. syncing the and nowplaying-part) after should also not take more than some tiny seconds.

So seems you won't have luck with 7.3, I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by achjimmy View Post

Jim
    Jim

I had the same issue. I had to exit the app, run Safari, close Safari and run SqueezePad. Worked OK after that.
    Dave
    Boom ~ Radio ~ Classic ~ Controller ~ Receiver

Quote Originally Posted by rocketdmc View Post
    Jim

I had the same issue. I had to exit the app, run Safari, close Safari and run SqueezePad. Worked OK after that.
    Thanks Dave

Just goes into "loading players" and does not awake. Will have a play later. Reading more it seems that the nasduo with 7.5 runs ok just the interface/scanning is slow?

BTW getting squeeze pad running doesn't affect ipenq does it?

works for me with 7.3.3 except for artwork which strangely sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 8, the Universal App for iOS 7 and iOS 8

A question to the current users:

Currently the controls to change Shuffle and Repeat are in the Settings menu of SqueezePad (like on all SB-devices). Do you think they should be promoted with some icons to the main screen ? Do you often change these settings ? How important is this to you as a feature ?

Currently only Touch-Users have them available on the main screen already so could also talk from experience.
    Last edited by bluegaspode; 2010-07-25 at 12:19.