Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 129 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1300
    am I correct that this application is no longer being support or updated? how can I get in touch with the developer?
    LMS 7.9.1 on QNAP 219P+
    3 wired Touch End Points
    Jolida Tube DAC III
    Marantz 2270 to Boston Acoustics Slimlines
    Marantz 7010 to B&W CM10 S2

Quote Originally Posted by dhallag View Post
    am I correct that this application is no longer being support or updated? how can I get in touch with the developer?
    Depends on what you consider "supported and updated".
    Right now SqueezePad works fine on iOS11 "as is", so no special update was needed.

I'm pretty proud about SqueezePad still being available now from iOS5 (i.e. still supporting iPad1, which I still own) up to the latest iOS11, yeah.
    This is not an easy task - Apple makes it really hard to support old IOS version now.

Anyway - regarding support for SqueezePad, here is my statement about it:
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post810104

Everything that I am selling is maintained and supported.

I.e.:
    - everyone that writes me an support email typically gets an answer within less than 24 hours. Even on weekends. On rare occasions an answer takes longer.
    - bugs that prevent usage of the App are cared off.
    - updates that are required for OS updates are provided. i.e. typically every new iOS release has some backwards incompatibilities that need to be cared for. This comes together with features that Apple requires - right now they force developers to provide 64bit builds for their latest devices - which isn't an easy task given the many low level C code that is embedded in SqueezePad.

Also SqueezePlayer got an update recently to fix crashes which only happened on latest Lollipop releases.
    Oh - and it got support for Squeezer ... oh and I worked together with the author of Squeezer, so that also Squeezer can integrate with SqueezePlayer.

So I guess we are still a huge step away from a "dying" software

What I intended to say with my initial post from yesterday is that new, changed and/or added features are unlikely right now.
    SqueezePad is in a really good shape with the curret feature set, that it has and still makes a lot of current and new users happy.

I have been reluctant with addition also in the past anyway - as every new features comes with the downside that it makes the App more complicated for the majority of users while helping with some special needs of some.
    Last edited by bluegaspode; 2017-10-01 at 14:01.
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

Quote Originally Posted by bluegaspode View Post
    Depends on what you consider "supported and updated".
    Right now SqueezePad works fine on iOS11 "as is", so no special update was needed.

I'm pretty proud about SqueezePad still being available now from iOS5 (i.e. still supporting iPad1, which I still own) up to the latest iOS11, yeah.
    This is not an easy task - Apple makes it really hard to support old IOS version now.

Anyway - regarding support for SqueezePad, here is my statement about it:
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post810104
    yes sure makes sense. your application I feel is still the best end user application for LMS. at the same time Roonlabs and Bluesound are making incredible strides. I think we in this community are going to have to start asking ourselves some tough questions and figuring our a way to provide better support to persons like you, Michael, Philip and the other developers if we want LMS to be a long term solution. I talk about this in another thread recently.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...ueezebox/page3
    LMS 7.9.1 on QNAP 219P+
    3 wired Touch End Points
    Jolida Tube DAC III
    Marantz 2270 to Boston Acoustics Slimlines
    Marantz 7010 to B&W CM10 S2

For those who didn't find out yet:

This week and over the weekend you'll find SonoPad and its playback feature at a discounted price on the AppStore!
    So a good moment to check it out, if you haven't yet already

Cheers
    Stefan
    Last edited by bluegaspode; 2017-10-05 at 14:03.
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

Squeezpad and Tidal

Hi,

I'm wondering if any of you guys were able to control Tidal from squeezepad and make it streaming into squeezebox touch. Currently I cannot do that, even if tidal is working fine on the touch and also I can control it from an android phone with Squeezer. Weird fact that on Squeezepad tidal streams fine only on the iPad as unique device connected, while not showing the touch connected. Obviously i can control my library from squeezepad and stream in on the touch.

Tks bye

Quote Originally Posted by ssueri View Post
    Hi,

I'm wondering if any of you guys were able to control Tidal from squeezepad and make it streaming into squeezebox touch. Currently I cannot do that, even if tidal is working fine on the touch and also I can control it from an android phone with Squeezer. Weird fact that on Squeezepad tidal streams fine only on the iPad as unique device connected, while not showing the touch connected. Obviously i can control my library from squeezepad and stream in on the touch.

Tks bye
    In the Squeezepad have you selected the TOUCH as the player? Sounds like you’ve selected the ipad as player rather than touch.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    In the Squeezepad have you selected the TOUCH as the player? Sounds like you’ve selected the ipad as player rather than touch.
    The touch disappear from device list when tidal is selected, only the iPad remains. So you cannot select the touch anymore.

To be more precise:
    1) If the touch is playing and squeezepad controls it, tidal does not appear in list of my apps, if i go in app gallery and select tidal, it says tidal already installed, but it is nowhere in the app
    2) then if i go to settings in squeezepad, select "switch to mysqueezebox.com", tidal appears in "My apps" but then the only device that can be selected is the iPad and not the touch

The touch disappear from device list when tidal is selected, only the iPad remains. So you cannot select the touch anymore.

To be more precise:
    1) If the touch is playing and squeezepad controls it, tidal does not appear in list of my apps, if i go in app gallery and select tidal, it says tidal already installed, but it is nowhere in the app
    2) then if i go to settings in squeezepad, select "switch to mysqueezebox.com", tidal appears in "My apps" but then the only device that can be selected is the iPad and not the touch
    Adding important details on setup:

- LMS 7.7.2 running on Qnap Nas
    - Touch connected via eth cable

Understand. I can’t test as I don’t have Tidal. But hopefully a Tidal and squeezepad user can chime in.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Adding important details on setup:

- LMS 7.7.2 running on Qnap Nas
    - Touch connected via eth cable
    SOLVED!! My mistake, I was connected to 2 different mysqueezebox account in the server and device