Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 49 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by satmarshall View Post
    It appears at the end of most biography text. The text ends with "... Read More" implying that you need to click on Read More to see additional biography text. It seems the UI is only displaying part of the biography.
    What happens on a real Squeezebox (i.e. Touch, Radio, Controller). Does it work there?
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

I don't have a Touch or Radio so I tried a Controller (I use 1xSB2, 1xSB3, 2xBooms, and 2xDuets).
    The controller acts the same way as squeezepad. I tried ipeng with the same result.

I've attached a jpg snapshot of squeezepad showing the "read more" text at the end of the text.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Then unfortunately this cannot be solved in SqueezePad.
    It's the plugin, that's generating ad sending the data.

Other users reported that already: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=590130
    And Michael, the author of the plugin is aware of the problem: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=588379
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

ok thanks. Guess I'll wait patiently for a fix !

Two issues I'm having:

1. When coming back to the "Albums" menu from the iPad's home screen I completely lose the index bar.

2. I can't play any flac files. Do I have to modify my server settings for this?

3. Even if I don't play anything, SqueezePad keeps running in the background for me when I go back to the home screen. Is there something I have to do to stop it?
    Last edited by pippin; 2011-01-02 at 19:18.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 7, the Universal App for iOS 7

1) cannot reproduce that one.
    2) Flac needs to be transcoded to either PCM or mp3. Did you deactivate that in the transcoding settings of the server?
    3) SqueezePad keeps running two minutes after you leave it (or two minutes after you stopped playback).
    (Only SlimProto keeps the connection, Cometd is shut down)

Quote Originally Posted by bluegaspode View Post
    1) cannot reproduce that one.
    I can, but I did not explain it correctly: I am in a _submenu_ of Albums (an Album) and leave to the home screen (the iPhone's, not SqueezePad's), then I go back to SqueezePad and move up one level back to Albums (through "back") the bar is gone. It's coming back if I back out of Albums and re-open it.
    2) Flac needs to be transcoded to either PCM or mp3. Did you deactivate that in the transcoding settings of the server?
    No. It's activated and flac transcoding to other sample rates for my HD files works so "flac" should work on the server.
    3) SqueezePad keeps running two minutes after you leave it (or two minutes after you stopped playback).
    (Only SlimProto keeps the connection, Cometd is shut down)
    It kept running for an hour or so until I manually killed it. I believe this was after the unsuccessful try to play FLAC files ("No Audio Data").
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    I can, but I did not explain it correctly: I am in a _submenu_ of Albums (an Album) and leave to the home screen (the iPhone's, not SqueezePad's), then I go back to SqueezePad and move up one level back to Albums (through "back") the bar is gone. It's coming back if I back out of Albums and re-open it.

No. It's activated and flac transcoding to other sample rates for my HD files works so "flac" should work on the server.

It kept running for an hour or so until I manually killed it. I believe this was after the unsuccessful try to play FLAC files ("No Audio Data").
    I still cannot reproduce the albums thing, but will try a bit more.
    As to streaming FLAC: 'no audio data found' says, that it doesn't get a single byte from the stream, not even the HTTP header.
    If you have an authenticated server, then this is the reason in the current version.
    I'll also look into the running SqueezePad after an error. Maybe it still thinks it is playing stuff and keeps alive.

If you have an authenticated server, then this is the reason in the current version.
    Ah, yes. I forgot that you always mess up authentication.
    Yes, yes, I know, nobody uses that, this is why it's always the first thing to be reported whenever a new version breaks it
    I'll also look into the running SqueezePad after an error. Maybe it still thinks it is playing stuff and keeps alive.
    The funny thing is that if it's not playing something the OS should suspend it. Or do you work around that?

Would be interested in this because I also get these reports of cases where iPeng keeps running (albeit in the foreground, not in the background) although it should be suspended. I suspect iOS has some changes in 4.2.1 that cause this. More specific, I've found timers to fire even though the App should be suspended but then it's hard to really know since Apps never get suspended when using the debugger....
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

I still cannot reproduce the albums thing, but will try a bit more.
    Strange. This is 100% reproducible for me.
    My Music->Albums-><An Album>-><Home Button on iPhone-><Go back to SqueezePad>->"Back"
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com