Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 117 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    For some reasons most Albums on Napster have no content. Some do.
    This is with SBS 7.5
    Test or production mysb.com?
    Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - MusicArtistInfo, MusicInfoSCR, Smart Mix

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Test or production mysb.com?
    Prod.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 8, the Universal App for iOS 7 and iOS 8

Very nice! I've been waiting for something like this since the iPad was announced. I find it quite fast and responsive. I've tried it controlling a Receiver, Boom, SB3, and SqueezePlay/Mac, playing from My Music, Pandora, Rhapsody, Slacker, and Radio Paradise. Everything works great.

Here are my comments and suggestions so far.

I'd like to see the following options:

Prevent display sleep when playing.
    Darker background (perhaps with a texture).

The icon looks a little ratty on the iPad screen (the frame border is jagged). I'm also not a fan of lilac, or whatever that light purplish color is that's all over the place. :-)

I agree about using a consistent font size in lists, as suggested before. This bugs me on the Controller as well.

It would be nice to see the playlist count when relevant (X of YY).

In long alphabetized lists it would be handy to be able to jump to a given letter, as you can in the iPhone's iPod app.

I agree about providing an arrow for moving back on menus, as suggested before. The backwards swipe is not so obvious because the menu window doesn't move horizontally as you're starting to swipe. I like the behavior of the article window in Reeder, for example, where the window starts to move as you swipe back, but there's also a back arrow if you don't want to swipe at all.

I think it would be nice if the control buttons mirrored those of SqueezePlay. Whether or not you do this, it could behave like SqueezePlay and provide buttons for Shuffle and Repeat, except when using Pandora where these buttons are Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down, or when using Slacker where these buttons are Add Favorite and Remove Favorite. SqueezePlay also dims the Next and Shuffle buttons when there's only a single song in the playlist. The little "i" could go in the bar across the top to make room.

This is a real nitpick, but I think it would look better if the control button panel didn't run off the bottom of the screen.

The volume slider can be adjusted on a player where the digital output is fixed at 100% (but the slider of course has no effect).

And speaking of SqueezePlay again, it has icons for the top-level menu items that perhaps you could use.

If you hit search but don't enter anything and then press the button to hide the keyboard, I think the menu should go back instead of forward.

I'll certainly vote in any feature polls you post.

What is it about quality Squeezebox control and Berlin? :-)

Thanks!
    Dave
    Squeezeboxes: 3 (a.k.a. Classic), Duet, Boom

Quote Originally Posted by dem View Post
    What is it about quality Squeezebox control and Berlin? :-)
    Good SW developers here. Lots of Squeezebox users.

A friend of mine happens to be the original author of the Handheld skin, didn't learn about that until I had already made the iPeng App (although I think he was the person suggesting getting an SB in the first place and he was also probably not yet lining in Berlin when he did that skin).

It's a small world.
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Just tried it at the home setup (Touch, Radio, Receiver): local library and radio play fine on all three, Spotify plugin browsing is OK, but will not play on any of them.

Another one: Did I mention you can't change the alarm volume?
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Like it. Very slick. Only improvements I can think of are a) playlist view and b) ability to play individual tracks.

John.

Top app!

++Big Covers
    +mirrored covers, wonderfull!! (i hope the Translation is correct)
    +only iPad app

-i cant find the current playlist
    -can i Change the Background in the Future? I would like black (like iPhoto)
    --an Index as scrolling bar, for fast jumping to letters (like iPhone adressbook, a..b..c..d..)

Sorry for my bad english :/
    Last edited by Kalanthes; 2010-07-20 at 10:52.

Quote Originally Posted by RBM View Post
    Using the Spotify plugin, album art is showing in the album lists (great!) - for some reason iPeng does not.
    Are you able to play something on Spotify in SqueezePad ? I can browse but nothing seems to happen when I select something to be played in the Spotify menu. It works perfectly through the normal web interface.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    (Developer of many plugins/applets (both free and commercial).
    If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third party plugin/applet development, consider purchasing some plugins)

Interested in the future of music streaming ? ickStream - A world of music at your fingertips.

Nope, does not play - see my post above. This morning I was just flicking through the interface while at work, but cheered too early, I guess.