Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by cmelia View Post
    I just bought a Duet and like it very much. However, I still cannot get the headphone jack on the controller to work properly. I downloaded and installed Bluegaspode's Headphone Switcher Applet, but all that did was give me the menu sounds through the headphones. No music or radio sound at all. Did I miss something? Anyone have any ideas?
    You need to enable that feature on the Controller itself.
    I don't own a Duet but I think it on the Controller in Settings > Advanced > Beta Features

Quote Originally Posted by toby10 View Post
    You need to enable that feature on the Controller itself.
    I don't own a Duet but I think it on the Controller in Settings > Advanced > Beta Features
    correct:

settings > advanced > beta features > audio playback, then click on enable playback (beta)

Yup. Enable playback is on. So is Headphone switcher. All that does is turn on headphone audio for the menu keys and wheel (beeps and whirls). So there is audio coming out of the jack, it's just not music or radio. When I plug the headphones in I hear a bit of static when it clicks in. I've reset the device several times as well to no avail. I'm running Version 7.5.4 r9408. Think I should reset to factory defaults and try again?

Yup. Enable playback is on. So is Headphone switcher. All that does is turn on headphone audio for the menu keys and wheel (beeps and whirls). So there is audio coming out of the jack, it's just not music or radio. When I plug the headphones in I hear a bit of static when it clicks in. I've reset the device several times as well to no avail. I'm running Version 7.5.4 r9408. Think I should reset to factory defaults and try again?
    so now the controller is a player, but have you then selected it as a player in your SqueezeBoxServer menu, just as you would select a TOUCH or RADIO, etc. And once selected, then play something.

I'm not sure how to do that. I have the Squeezebox Server Control Panel running, but cannot find that setting.

I'm not sure how to do that. I have the Squeezebox Server Control Panel running, but cannot find that setting.
    in the control panel, go to the advanced tab, then click on "web control" or go to your browser and enter:

http://localhost:9000/
    (if the SbS server is on the computer where you are using the web browser)

or from any computer on your network:

http://192.168.1.18:9000/

but replace "192.168.1.18" with the IP address of the computer running SbS

or

right click the SbS icon in your tray and select web control instead of Control Panel.

Once you get to the SbS main page, the right hand side has your playlist, and at the upper right there is a dropdown menu where one selects the player. You'll want to select the controller as the "player" so you can send music to it...

Hmm. Yeah I saw that while poking around. There's no option to select anything but the receiver. Here's an attachment of what it looks like:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Full power cycles on PC, receiver, and controller, followed by factory reset, re-install of the app, and toggling settings on has solved the problem for now. The controller appeared on the web interface, I selected it and then synced it with the receiver.

Thanks garym for your kind response, patience and assistance.

Best regards.
    cmelia

Full power cycles on PC, receiver, and controller, followed by factory reset, re-install of the app, and toggling settings on has solved the problem for now. The controller appeared on the web interface, I selected it and then synced it with the receiver.

Thanks garym for your kind response, patience and assistance.

Best regards.
    cmelia
    perfect. Enjoy!

I tried to load the applet using Logitech Media Server 7.7.1 to hear music out of the speaker and the headphone socket. But it seams like LMS doesn't load the plugin (think it's too old).
    Is there a way to get this fixed?

Thanks in advance.