Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Controller can't connect on TCP port 9000

Hi All,

Hope this isn't too foolish a question...

I'm running 7.4.1 r7915 on my controller. In the diagnostics screen, just below the mysqueezebox.com ip, it says it can ping and is OK on ports 3483 and 9000.

However, under the library name NASetcetc (the library is on a Qnap TS109, Version: 7.4.2 - r30215), ping and TCP 3483 are OK; TCP 9000 "Can't connect".

While the system (which also includes a Radio) is working, I'm wondering if fixing this would improve anything. (I use the BBC iPlayer and no internet radio streams.) If so, could you point me in the right direction?

(I've looked at the Qnap console and couldn't find anything to open ports. Complicating matters is that I've a BT home hub 2, which has an awful interface... the only thing port-related I could find in it looked like port forwarding for games, etc. I'm running Norton on the PC and it looks like port 9000 is allowed both ways.)

Thanks in advance,

Nigel

Fixed it... some errant user (uh, me) changed the web server port number (server settings/ advanced/ network) to 9001 in the deep dark past for some reason.

I'm still fascinated that things appeared to work, even with that set wrong. (Or maybe it's just that the diagnostic screen was hardwired to display a result from 9000, and that internally, it was actually finding 9001.)

Thumbs down Port 9001

where exactly did you change those server settings/advanced/network -->is that somewhere in control panel ?

Quote Originally Posted by thierryverlinden View Post
    where exactly did you change those server settings/advanced/network -->is that somewhere in control panel ?
    SBS > Settings > Advanced > Network