Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

iPeng 'Your player was not found'

I had a working iPeng 1.2.1 and SqueezeServer 7.5.1. Then I upgraded my SqueezeServer computer, reinstalled 7.5.1. Now iPeng reports 'Player not found', although it sees my server and loads correct playlists from iTunes. My Receiver has the same IP as before. Any clues appreciated.

Can you browse your library with iPeng?

Is your player connected to the server? can you control it from the server's web interface?
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Smile Problem resolved.

Thanks for the tip. I didn't realize the Squeezebox server had a web i/f. I used it to verify the server could not see the player, then tracked down a configuration error in the player network setup. Now all is back to normal. Much appreciated.

I'm having the same problem, I just downloaded iPeng onto my touch, because I left the remote at my partner's house, and thought it was supposed to automatically find the player, but it isn't, any advice welcome.
    Meridian GO6, 506, Squeezebox 3, Oppo DV980H, Marantz TT15S1, MacBook Pro, MacBook, iBook G4, Cambridge Audio DacMagic, Humax HD FoxT2 > Grover SC > Wyred4Sound ST 1000 + Cyrus PreXVS > Ecosse ES 4.45 bi-wire > ATC SCM19, Atacama SL500, FlexyTable, Panasonic 37PX80B.

Quote Originally Posted by chevvies View Post
    I'm having the same problem, I just downloaded iPeng onto my touch, because I left the remote at my partner's house, and thought it was supposed to automatically find the player, but it isn't, any advice welcome.
    Does your partner run an SBS or MySB? Are you on WiFi? What do you see on the Players/Server screen?
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

No she doesn't. The server screen has no song listings. I use my iTunes library from my MacBook via a SpeedTouch wireless router as I would normally, using the SB3 remote. Since I left the remote behind I remember reading about folks using their iPod touches as a remote for Squeezeboxes, which is why I purchased iPeng, but I must be missing something.

Should the iPeng touch turn on the SB, or do I still need the remote for that? Thanks.
    Meridian GO6, 506, Squeezebox 3, Oppo DV980H, Marantz TT15S1, MacBook Pro, MacBook, iBook G4, Cambridge Audio DacMagic, Humax HD FoxT2 > Grover SC > Wyred4Sound ST 1000 + Cyrus PreXVS > Ecosse ES 4.45 bi-wire > ATC SCM19, Atacama SL500, FlexyTable, Panasonic 37PX80B.

Quote Originally Posted by chevvies View Post
    No she doesn't.
    That was an either/or. You need to use either Squeezebox Server or MySqueezebox.com to operate a Squeezebox. If you don't know, it's probably MySqueezebox.com.
    The server screen has no song listings. I use my iTunes library from my MacBook via a SpeedTouch wireless router as I would normally, using the SB3 remote. Since I left the remote behind I remember reading about folks using their iPod touches as a remote for Squeezeboxes, which is why I purchased iPeng, but I must be missing something.

Should the iPeng touch turn on the SB, or do I still need the remote for that? Thanks.
    OK. Back to Square 1:

A Squeezebox needs a server to operate. This can be either Squeezebox Server (which you are probably running on your MacBook) or MySqueezbox.com. Does your partner use the Squeezebox if you are not there? Then she probably uses MySqueezebox.com

iPeng can turn on a Squeezebox, but it doesn't connect to the Squeezebox itself, it only connects to the server that also controls the Squeezebox.
    To "see" the SB in iPeng you need to connect iPeng to the same server as the SB. That's what you do on the Player/Server screen (swipe right on NowPlaying, see "Help->Quick Tutorials->NowPlaying" and "Help->Quick Tutorials->Players and Music Source" in iPeng)

If the SB is e.g. on MySqueezebox.com and you want to connect it to your MacBook you need to connect iPeng to MySqueezebox.com first until you see the player and then move it to you computer.
    To make this work, your iPod touch has to be connected to the same WiFi network as your MacBook (or they can't communicate), to use MySqueezebox.com it will also need an internet connection.

iPeng should see your MacBook if they are on the same network.

If you want more details, see "MultiPlayer Control" here:
    http://penguinlovesmusic.de/ipeng-th...on/nowplaying/

If the Squeezebox is NOT on the network at all then you can not connect it using iPeng, iPeng can not set up an ad-hoc network.
    Which Squeezebox model is this? A Receiver?
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

getting "Your Player Was Not Found" w/ SqueezeServer 7.5.1/i0S 4

I am having a similar issue. When I try to connect to my SqueezeServer instance w/ iPeng, it is unable to find my player. I can connect to my server via my duet controller, and can control the player via the server's web interface. If I change the music source of the player to mysqueezebox.com using my duet controller, iPeng is then able to find the player. The issue started sometime after I upgraded my server to 7.5.1 and my iPhone 3GS to iOS 4, not sure exactly when. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

So you CAN control your player with iPeng when it's on MySqueezebox.com
    The if you switch the player to your Squeezebox Server and you also switch iPeng to your local server you can NOT see the player?
    That's weird? I've never seen that one.

One issue that DOES happen, especially with 3G iPod touches is that it can take a while to detect a server or that WiFi doesn't get connected (for the App). Not sure about the cause but restarting iPeng usually does fix it, waiting for 15s or so often does so, too.

What exactly do you see on the MultiPlayer screen (where you switch servers) when it does NOT work?
    ---
    at penguinlovesmusic.com

Thanks for the quick reply pippin. Attached is a screenshot of the MutliPlayer screen. Lycidas is the name of the server that is running SqueezeServer. Let me know if you need any more info.