Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 619 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip Meyer View Post
    >I know you mention in the first post that this works with Spotiy
    >premium - can I double check it doesn't work with Spotify unlimited?
    >

I'd like to know that too. Spotify Premium is a whopping ú10 a month, whereas Spotify Unlimited is ú5.
    Short answer is I don't know.. It is based on libspotify: http://developer.spotify.com/en/libspotify/overview/ which definately needs a subscription. The documentation for this says it needs a premium account, but it was written before the unlimited one was launched.

Perhaps an unlimited subscriber could try it out and let us know?

Trouble running on debian 64

Hi, great plugin you have created. This was what i have been waiting for to subscribed to Spotify.

But i cant get the helper app stay running. It starts, but stops imidialtly.
    My system is:

Code:
    Versjon: 7.5.1 - r30884 @ Wed Jun 16 02:03:31 PDT 2010
    Vertsnavn: linuxserver
    Serverens ip-adresse: 10.0.0.3
    HTTP-serverens portnummer: 9000
    Operativsystem: Debian - NO - utf8
    Plattformarkitektur: x86_64-linux
    Perl-versjon: 5.10.0 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    MySQL-versjon: 5.0.51a-24+lenny4
    Totalt antall tilkoplede spillere: 1
    I have installed all the libs that is required as you described. I cant see anything from the log either (it's blanc). But here is an output from my /var/log/messages. Can you see whats causing this?

Code:
    [10-06-16 20:41:26.8536] Plugins::Spotify::Settings::__ANON__ (92) error fetching status: Connect timed out: Transport endpoint is not connected              
    [10-06-16 20:41:27.1570] Plugins::Spotify::Settings::__ANON__ (92) error fetching status: Connect timed out: Transport endpoint is not connected              
    [10-06-16 20:41:27.4607] Plugins::Spotify::Settings::__ANON__ (92) error fetching status: Connect timed out: Transport endpoint is not connected              
    [10-06-16 20:41:27.7646] Plugins::Spotify::Settings::__ANON__ (92) error fetching status: Connect timed out: Transport endpoint is not connected              
    [10-06-16 20:41:28.0688] Plugins::Spotify::Settings::__ANON__ (92) error fetching status: Connect timed out: Transport endpoint is not connected              
    [10-06-16 20:41:28.3727] Plugins::Spotify::Settings::__ANON__ (92) error fetching status: Connect timed out: Transport endpoint is not connected              
    [10-06-16 20:41:37.7943] Slim::Formats::XML::gotErrorViaHTTP (332) Error: getting http://10.0.0.3:9001/toplist.json?q=artists&r=GB                            
    Connect timed out: Transport endpoint is not connected
    I have also opened the port 9001 at my firewall, also tried other ports that i have working, in example the port i am using for torrent.

Any help will be apriciated.

jorn.

Quote Originally Posted by goxboxlive View Post
    Hi, great plugin you have created. This was what i have been waiting for to subscribed to Spotify.
    Hum - can you find the spotifyd location and run it from the command line from the directory it is in. It should give some error messages if/when it crashes (or linux will say segfault or whatever if its the code)

Yes, i will try tomorrow. Thanks for quick respons.

Smile

Yahoo nice one Triode. Just installed it 10 minutes ago and it works.

unlimited = no

Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    Short answer is I don't know.. It is based on libspotify: which definately needs a subscription. The documentation for this says it needs a premium account, but it was written before the unlimited one was launched.

Perhaps an unlimited subscriber could try it out and let us know?
    I tried it with an unlimited account. It doesn't work. Plugin is not able to log in. Upgraded to premium and now it works like a charm. Thanks Triode

Smile

This is great news! I'm using Squeezeserver on Qnap NAS. Any chance it will make it onto this platform?

Thanks heaps!

Quote Originally Posted by manso View Post
    This is great news! I'm using Squeezeserver on Qnap NAS. Any chance it will make it onto this platform?
    I'm afraid not - it uses Spotify's libspotify which is only available for intel or equivalent cpus on linux, windows and osx. So it is always going to require a pc class server.

I will have a go at adding tracks and deleting from playlists tomorrow. For now I have just opened the regular Spotify application and done the editing there.

Big thanks Triode for your work. I have been a subscriber for a while now so I am excited to see this. I'll play with it the coming days and report back.

From a very short look at it the main thing I would love to see is an easy way from a track in the playlist to browse the albums of that artist. This is because to organize artists in spotify I have made several genre playlists with one song for each artist in it.