Announce: Spotify Premium Plugin (Beta)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StefanLa
    • Jul 2009

Thanks a lot, works just fine on my Touch with the server running on an Acer WHS.
    (At least after I realized that I had to restart the controller to get the Spotify icon)

Comment

• ktd
      • Apr 2010

Looks promising, great work!

I can't get my playlists to show though. I can see them but if I select a playlist it just says empty.
      Any idea whats wrong?
      I have the SBS installed on a WHS.

I can search, play from Top 100 or Whats new so I have connection to Spotify.

Comment

• snow
        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Triode
        If you are a Spotify Premium subscriber, then to try it out:

1) Make sure you are running 7.5 or 7.5.1 Squeezebox server
        2) Go to the Settings/Plugin page and add the following to the additional repositories box at the bottom of the page, press apply:

3) Assuming you are running your server on windows or linux, you should then get an additional repository in the list which includes Spotify as an installable plugin
        4) Select and click to install, note that it may take longer than normal to fetch the plugin as it is bigger than a normal plugin so the page make take longer to respond
        5) Restart the server
        6) Go to the Plugin, Settings page for "Spotify" either via the advanced menu or from the plugin page
        7) Read and agree the Spotify restrictions, then add your username and password to the settings page.
        8) If you refresh the settings page a couple of times you should see that a "helper appl" is running an it is logged into Spotify. If not there may be an error to help...
        9) Go to the "radio" menu on one of your hardware players and you should be able to browse and play tracks from Spotify....

Windows:
        The binary is 32bit and should work on 64bit as well. I have not tried it on all versions of windows, so there may be some issues so please report.

Please provide feedback and let me know if this plugin is interesting to people...
        Got a problem here when I try to find the "you should then get an additional repository in the list which includes Spotify as an installable plugin". When i've added your address to the plugin-module page, I get this up:
        Spotify (v0.1) Listen to Spotify on your Squeezebox. Requires a Spotify Premium account. Triode Triode Innstillinger

I can't find any "install" button. They only thing I see is Innstillinger(means settings in english) and when I ckick it I get: 404 Not Found: plugins/Extensions/settings/plugins/Spotify/settings/basic.html

I had to restart the server after I activated the http://triodeplugins.googlecode.com/...k/testrepo.xml line.

But why can't I see the installable spotify plugin?

My system is windows server 2008 x64, running squeezebox server 7.5.1 r30836. Spotify is installed and my account is premium.

Comment

• verypsb
          • May 2008

I tried it on my Windows 7 x64 Squeezebox server. When I try to play something from Spotify, I only get a 'Connection reset by local host'
          Please vote:
          bug 1330 New music should work on creation date
          bug 17963 New and changed doesn't handle changed files
          bug 17799 Use a separator such as 'Also appears on' when viewing the albums by an artist
          bug 18054 Add support for 'Set Subtitle'/'Disc Subtitle' (ID3v2.4 TSST/ID3V2.3 TIT3)
          1x Boom, 1x Classic, 4x Controller, 1x Radio, 4x Receiver, 2x Touch

Comment

• Triode
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by ktd
            I can't get my playlists to show though. I can see them but if I select a playlist it just says empty.
            Any idea whats wrong?
            I have the SBS installed on a WHS.
            I don't understand the playlist problems yet. Are your playlists shared in any way? I'm not actually sure how that works, but perhaps you could make them available for sharing and PM me the spotify url for them?

Comment

• Triode
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by verypsb
              I tried it on my Windows 7 x64 Squeezebox server. When I try to play something from Spotify, I only get a 'Connection reset by local host'
              Do you have a firewall - if so it needs to give access to Spotifyd on port 9001. Go to the settings page and change the helper logging level to DEBUG and then see if there are error messages in the helper log.

Comment

• Triode
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by snow
                I had to restart the server after I activated the http://triodeplugins.googlecode.com/...k/testrepo.xml line.
                Sounds like a similar problem to OppfinnarJocke. Could you try running Spotifyd.exe file as OppfinnarJocke did and if you see similar errors, installing the Microsoft redistributable for VC++ 2008.

Comment

• snow
                  • Aug 2006

Looks good now when I installed the Microsoft redistributable for VC++ 2008.

Now I have put my login and password. Then I got to my SB3 and browsed Radio - Spotif. I can browse my playlist, search song and artists. But when I try to play, it just says trying to connect and nothing more happens.

This is the spotifyd.log
                  Code:
                  [16:34:56.627] main:286 C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\Plugins\Spotify\Bin\MSWIN3~1\spotifyd.exe started
                  [16:35:54.179] main:401 req: status.json res: (null) par: (null) prot: HTTP/1.0
                  [16:35:54.179] process_status:723 process status
                  [16:35:57.924] main:401 req: status.json res: (null) par: (null) prot: HTTP/1.0
                  [16:35:57.924] process_status:723 process status
                  [16:36:44.463] main:286 C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\Plugins\Spotify\Bin\MSWIN3~1\spotifyd.exe started
                  [16:36:44.493] main:401 req: status.json res: (null) par: login prot: HTTP/1.0
                  [16:36:44.493] process_status:723 process status
                  [16:36:44.802] main:401 req: status.json res: (null) par: login prot: HTTP/1.0
                  [16:36:44.802] process_status:723 process status
                  [16:36:45.109] main:401 req: status.json res: (null) par: login prot: HTTP/1.0
                  [16:36:45.109] process_status:723 process status
                  [16:36:45.417] main:401 req: status.json res: (null) par: login prot: HTTP/1.0
                  [16:36:45.417] process_status:723 process status
                  [16:36:45.724] main:401 req: status.json res: (null) par: login prot: HTTP/1.0
                  [16:36:45.724] process_status:723 process status
                  [16:36:46.033] main:401 req: status.json res: (null) par: login prot: HTTP/1.0
                  [16:36:46.033] process_status:723 process status
                  [16:36:47.165] log_message:63 log: 14:36:47.165 E [proxy_resolver_win32.cpp:219] WinHttpGetProxyForUrl failed

[16:36:47.166] log_message:63 log: 14:36:47.166 I [ap:1368] Connecting to AP A3.spotify.com:4070

[16:36:48.374] container_loaded:75 playlist container loaded
                  [16:37:17.358] main:401 req: status.json res: (null) par: (null) prot: HTTP/1.0
                  [16:37:17.358] process_status:723 process status
                  [16:37:48.472] main:401 req: toplist.json res: (null) par: q=tracks&r=NO prot: HTTP/1.0
                  [16:37:48.472] main:627 toplist type: 2 region: 20047
                  [16:37:49.015] toplist_callback:452 toplist: ok
                  [16:43:22.282] main:401 req: search.json res: (null) par: q=artist:DIO prot: HTTP/1.0
                  [16:43:22.283] main:587 decoded search: artist:DIO
                  [16:43:22.807] search_callback:306 search: ok
                  [16:43:24.384] main:401 req: browse.json res: spotify:artist:4CYeVo5iZbtYGBN4Isc3n6 par: (null) prot: HTTP/1.0
                  [16:43:25.588] browse_artist_callback:71 browse artist: ok
                  [16:43:30.399] main:401 req: browse.json res: spotify:album:5OpZ8IOIhUYaD6gX7USOfk par: (null) prot: HTTP/1.0
                  [16:43:30.464] browse_album_callback:203 browse album: ok
                  [16:44:18.478] main:401 req: playlists.json res: (null) par: (null) prot: HTTP/1.0
                  [16:44:18.479] process_playlists:570 process playlists
                  [16:44:22.695] main:401 req: playlists.json res: spotify:user:everlong81:playlist:7dL97QySkT2MtNRuIFEeGl par: (null) prot: HTTP/1.0
                  [16:44:22.695] process_singleplaylist:616 process single playlist
                  [16:44:25.159] main:401 req: playlists.json res: spotify:user:everlong81:playlist:7dL97QySkT2MtNRuIFEeGl par: (null) prot: HTTP/1.0
                  [16:44:25.159] process_singleplaylist:616 process single playlist
                  [16:44:36.311] main:401 req: playlists.json res: spotify:user:p.yo:playlist:3LAgtsNsfDXcLEvFQio8ie par: (null) prot: HTTP/1.0
                  [16:44:36.312] process_singleplaylist:616 process single playlist
                  [16:44:46.072] main:401 req: playlists.json res: spotify:user:everlong81:playlist:0friGZJ6uZL1FrKtGe56Pe par: (null) prot: HTTP/1.0
                  [16:44:46.072] process_singleplaylist:616 process single playlist

Comment

• bomjack
                    • Jun 2010

Great work Triode! Great! I've been anxiously waiting for someone to solve the 'Spotify on Squeezebox' issue and you've done it!

Works like a charm on my win xp pc running SBS 7.5.1 to a SB Duet.

Comment

• sondek
                      • Jun 2009

Worked just fine yesterday but now i get (Connect timed out: Bad file descriptor)??

Comment

• Triode
                        • Apr 2005

Now I have put my login and password. Then I got to my SB3 and browsed Radio - Spotif. I can browse my playlist, search song and artists. But when I try to play, it just says trying to connect and nothing more happens.
                        I don't see any attempts to play something here. What player are you using - it needs to be a hardware player which supports flac (Squeezebox 2 or later)

Comment

• Triode
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by sondek
                          Worked just fine yesterday but now i get (Connect timed out: Bad file descriptor)??
                          I have seen some timeouts today - I believe them to be due to spotify not responding fast enough. If you look in the helper log do you see browse requests which are not followed by a callback/ok message?

Comment

• OppfinnarJocke
                            • Dec 2008

I initially had that problem here too, but then I removed the comment from line 37, restarted the computer and now it seems to work fine. Ozzy playing just now... Kudos Triode (and other who helped)

EDIT: Just for the record, you must have the VC++ redistributable that Triode links to in post #90 (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpo...3&postcount=90)
                            // OppfinnarJocke
                            SqueezeBox Duet, Controller FW 7.7.3 r16662, Player FW 77
                            Main use: Deezer and Radio Paradise through MySB.com

Comment

• Triode
                              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by OppfinnarJocke
                              I initially had that problem here too, but then I removed the comment from line 37, restarted the computer and now it seems to work fine. Ozzy playing just now... Kudos Triode (and other who helped)

EDIT: Just for the record, you must have the VC++ redistributable that Triode links to in post #90 (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpo...3&postcount=90)
                              Thanks for confirming. I will fix the bug which prevents the plugin appearing, but I don't think I can easily automate the installation of the redistributable without a more complex installer. Perhaps I'll put a link to the redistributable on the settings page.

Comment

• snow
                                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Triode
                                I don't see any attempts to play something here. What player are you using - it needs to be a hardware player which supports flac (Squeezebox 2 or later)
                                I've tried from a Boom and SB3 both saying that Trying to connect. I have some problems with the soundcard on the server, might that be a problem? Or doesn't that matter?

Comment

Working...