Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 11 of 543 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111511 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by snow View Post
    Looks good now when I installed the Microsoft redistributable for VC++ 2008.

Now I have put my login and password. Then I got to my SB3 and browsed Radio - Spotif. I can browse my playlist, search song and artists. But when I try to play, it just says trying to connect and nothing more happens.
    I don't see any attempts to play something here. What player are you using - it needs to be a hardware player which supports flac (Squeezebox 2 or later)

Quote Originally Posted by sondek View Post
    Worked just fine yesterday but now i get (Connect timed out: Bad file descriptor)??
    I have seen some timeouts today - I believe them to be due to spotify not responding fast enough. If you look in the helper log do you see browse requests which are not followed by a callback/ok message?

Sweden (only country where the clouds are interesting)
    Looks good now when I installed the Microsoft redistributable for VC++ 2008.

Now I have put my login and password. Then I got to my SB3 and browsed Radio - Spotif. I can browse my playlist, search song and artists. But when I try to play, it just says trying to connect and nothing more happens.
    I initially had that problem here too, but then I removed the comment from line 37, restarted the computer and now it seems to work fine. Ozzy playing just now... Kudos Triode (and other who helped)

EDIT: Just for the record, you must have the VC++ redistributable that Triode links to in post #90 (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpo...3&postcount=90)
    // OppfinnarJocke
    SqueezeBox Duet, Controller FW 7.7.2 r9663, Player FW 77
    Main use: Wimp and internet radio through MySB.com

Quote Originally Posted by OppfinnarJocke View Post
    I initially had that problem here too, but then I removed the comment from line 37, restarted the computer and now it seems to work fine. Ozzy playing just now... Kudos Triode (and other who helped)

EDIT: Just for the record, you must have the VC++ redistributable that Triode links to in post #90 (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpo...3&postcount=90)
    Thanks for confirming. I will fix the bug which prevents the plugin appearing, but I don't think I can easily automate the installation of the redistributable without a more complex installer. Perhaps I'll put a link to the redistributable on the settings page.

Quote Originally Posted by Triode View Post
    I don't see any attempts to play something here. What player are you using - it needs to be a hardware player which supports flac (Squeezebox 2 or later)
    I've tried from a Boom and SB3 both saying that Trying to connect. I have some problems with the soundcard on the server, might that be a problem? Or doesn't that matter?

Do you have a firewall - if so it needs to give access to Spotifyd on port 9001. Go to the settings page and change the helper logging level to DEBUG and then see if there are error messages in the helper log.
    Thanks for the reply. I've set the port to 8999 (9001 keeps failing, don't know what's using it). I opened port 8999 in the firewall (inbound tcp 8999). Now it plays one file, all other files in the queue fail. If a file did fail, it keeps failing. Any suggestions where to look?

Sweden (only country where the clouds are interesting)
    Thanks for confirming. I will fix the bug which prevents the plugin appearing, but I don't think I can easily automate the installation of the redistributable without a more complex installer. Perhaps I'll put a link to the redistributable on the settings page.
    I don't think including it in an installer is necessary. Just make it clear that is crucial to have it. People will have to manage that by themselves, it's no big deal, now that we know.

However, it still does not work correctly for me. I get the empty playlist problem. It seems it could have something to do with playing individual songs. When I click to play All Songs of an album, it plays the first song, and then behaves as if it played the next (the progress meter in SBS moves and the seconds are counted) but there's no audio...

And stranger thing... trying to play All Songs of an album from which the first song has already played, then doesn't even play the first song, just shows the artwork and counts the seconds. My Duet controller shows the artwork and says "Connecting".

I'm quite sure you didn't expect all of this hassle when you were kind enough to share. I'm sorry.

EDIT: Speaking of playlists... I have two, out of 25, that actually show their contents (in SBS) and play. All other playlists just show the url and do not play. What may be special with these playlists is that they contain 6 and 7 songs resp. However, I have shorter playlists that do not work, but most of the others are (much) larger...
    Last edited by OppfinnarJocke; 2010-06-19 at 08:31.
    // OppfinnarJocke
    SqueezeBox Duet, Controller FW 7.7.2 r9663, Player FW 77
    Main use: Wimp and internet radio through MySB.com

Quote Originally Posted by verypsb View Post
    Now it plays one file, all other files in the queue fail. If a file did fail, it keeps failing. Any suggestions where to look?
    Can you play whole albums and only see this problems with playlists?
    If so can you check if the Now Playing list things there are multiple items in the playlist (says 1 of X) or the web interface shows multiple items on the right hand panel?

Quote Originally Posted by OppfinnarJocke View Post
    And stranger thing... trying to play All Songs of an album from which the first song has already played, then doesn't even play the first song, just shows the artwork and counts the seconds. My Duet controller shows the artwork and says "Connecting".
    Can you set the helper logging to DEBUG and post what the helper log shows when you try to play an album. Sounds like there is a problem advancing tracks for some reason.

Can you confirm if you play an album you get the full album appearing in the playlist of your controller (or the web front page)?

Does the FWD button move onto the next track?

I've tried from a Boom and SB3 both saying that Trying to connect. I have some problems with the soundcard on the server, might that be a problem? Or doesn't that matter?
    Should not matter - what does the helper app log say when logging is set to DEBUG?