Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Smile Old School Equipment with SqueezeBox

Much of my equipment is at least 25 years old and still sounds great. I use the Squeezebox Duet to stream wired music from my home office HP media center PC to my basement stereo. From there I stream wireless music via Audioengine W1 devices to two NAD 7140 amps. My have TimeWindow 3, AR L1000, JBL Century 100, and Polk Audio LC80i speakers.

Smile

I like the Big Mac -- it is really a classic
    Regards,
    AndrewFG

Try out Whitebear. The middleware that joins the two worlds of:
    1. UPnP/DLNA media clients and media players, and,
    2. Squeezebox Server and Squeeze Players
    Download it for free here: http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Much of my equipment is at least 25 years old and still sounds great. I use the Squeezebox Duet to stream wired music from my home office HP media center PC to my basement stereo. From there I stream wireless music via Audioengine W1 devices to two NAD 7140 amps. My have TimeWindow 3, AR L1000, JBL Century 100, and Polk Audio LC80i speakers.
    What no picture of the TimeWindows? My first pair of "audiophile" speakers were a set of the original DCM TimeWindows. Great speakers which really shined when playing classical guitar music. Anyway they looked like this (not my pictures):
    Living Rm: Transporter-SimAudio pre/power amps-Vandersteen 3A Sign. & sub
    Home Theater: Touch-Marantz HTR-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Linn sub
    Computer Rm: Touch-Headroom Desktop w/DAC-Aragon amp-Energy Veritas 2.1 & Energy sub
    Bedroom: Touch-HR Desktop w/DAC-Audio Refinement amp-Energy Veritas 2.0
    Guest Rm: Duet-Sony soundbar
    Garage: SB3-JVC compact system
    Controls: iPeng; SB Controller; Moose & Muso
    Server: LMS 7.9 on dedicated windows 10 computer w/2 Drobos
    Last.fm

Smile TimeWindows, ARs, and JBLs

I use the McIntosh amp to push the TimeWindow 3s in my main stereo listening area. The sound is really nice. The TimeWindow's love the 600 wpc, although I usually push less than 6 wpc. The Pioneer Spec 4 amp is for the JBLs in my basement TV room that is connected to the my main stereo listening area. So, the sound from the TimeWindow's and JBL's fill my basement. The NAD 7140 receiver is for the ARs in my living room. I have two more NAD 7140s receivers. One I use for the Polk LC80i in my hobby room (I'm into HO model trains). The other will be use for another pair of Polk LC80i ceiling speakers in my master bedroom. This is my version of whole house stereo :-).

Let's see the trains!! Of course, include the Polks to keep it on topic.
    Regards,
    Bob

FLAC->SB Touch (wired)->PS Audio DLIII DAC->Yamaha RX-595->Paradigm Reference Studio 60 v.5.
    Music files are stored on a Synology NAS.

Old stuff is awesome. They have character! My equipment is not as old school but I do have a few pieces that are born before some people at my work

I think my Threshold SA3 is from the 80's sometime. The Soundcraftsmen Pre-amp is probably late 80's or early 90's I think. I have an audiocontrol PCA which is also probably from the early 90s. My Vifa drivers in my subwoofer are from the mid 90's and I'm not sure how old my MSB Linkdac III is but its probably vintage as far as digital goes

Quote Originally Posted by svtcontour View Post
    Old stuff is awesome. They have character! My equipment is not as old school but I do have a few pieces that are born before some people at my work

I think my Threshold SA3 is from the 80's sometime. The Soundcraftsmen Pre-amp is probably late 80's or early 90's I think. I have an audiocontrol PCA which is also probably from the early 90s. My Vifa drivers in my subwoofer are from the mid 90's and I'm not sure how old my MSB Linkdac III is but its probably vintage as far as digital goes
    The little Ushers are more recent though. I like the contrast
    Intel x64 box running Ubuntu server 14.04 ->Raspberry Pi with IQaudio Pi-DAC+ running PiCore ->NAD C320BEE->Usher S-520

very nice- do you use the DBX w/ the Teac open reel?

i had a pair of DCM TimeFrames back in the mid-80s, they looked like panel speakers, excellent mid-range, treble. i drove them w/ an NAD 7175 receiver.

Go NAD (and DCM)!