Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

One song from one album appears separate

Got a Spoon album that I downloaded from their site that is giving me trouble.
    In iTunes, all songs & album art appears correctly.

On the Squeezebox server (& iPeng) the album art is gone, and one song is always separate from the rest of the album, as if it's on another album.

I've checked the tags and made sure that they are all the same. I've put a .jpg of the album cover in the folder and named it cover.jpg

The only difference on the odd song that won't join the album is the encoding (in iTunes) says 191 kbps. All the others say 191 kbps (VBR)

Are you sure that all tags are consistent... Specifically the "album title" and "album artist" (BAND) tag? I find that occasionally a space may get thrown in somewhere inadvertently, or I accidentally delete a tag.

The other issue I've had at times is the Disc Number (various variations) of that field tag being slightly different like being 1 on most tracks but then 1/1 on one or two, or even only available or not available on one track or two.

I don't use I-Tunes, but I've heard that ITunes (and I've seen Windows Media Player do this) can automatically set some tags.

Anyway, you'll really want to scrutinize the tags and the differences using something like MP3Tag and its extended tag feature to see what is different between the odd track and the others.

Quote Originally Posted by emalvick View Post
    Anyway, you'll really want to scrutinize the tags and the differences using something like MP3Tag and its extended tag feature to see what is different between the odd track and the others.
    +1, and also be sure you check to make sure you don't have different _types_ of tags. Sometimes the problem is having both ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags, and most tagging programs won't reveal that.

MrSinatra
    the "DISC" tag can do it too.

Still not able to fix it.
    Tried a program called Jaikoz which has auto correct features and still have a problem.
    What it did do was uncover something interesting.

If you look at the ID3 edit field, that one troublemaker song has nothing in the unique file ID field, and nothing in the comment field.

The artwork does not appear at all for the album or any of the songs.