Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    +1 for Boom
    That's where my Boom resides, garage, wall mounted, streaming 24/7.
    Audibly fills the space nicely. Plus you are already familiar with it's interface.

But a Radio wouldn't be a bad choice either.
    Take away the alarm issues and the many (understandable) complaints from EU MySB users and this Radio forum would be as dead as the Boom forum.
    The US MySB is quite a bit more reliable and I use it regularly with Radio & Boom.

I'm running SBS and don't use alarms and the radio is working great. The battery pack makes it great for listening in the bath, kitchen, garden etc.

HTH

CW
    Squeezebox: Boom x2 (Kitchen and Office), Radio x2 (Lounge and Bedroom)
    Server: 7.8 for Wandboard Dual
    Plugins: Dynamic Playlists | SQL Playlist | Music Information Screen | TrackStat
    Remote: iPhone5/iPad Air running iPeng
    Music: Last.fm

I think the SQBX Radio is great, can't recommend it enough. I use it everyday and love it. I also use it as an alarm clock and have not had any issues after firmware 7.42 came out. I own a SQBX 2 and Duet as well, and from my experiences, any issues I've had always got fixed, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. The Radio isn't perfect yet, but it's definitely solid!

Thumbs up

I have had my ups and downs with the SB Radio but I can assure you its great. Can't say the same for the latest FW for it though.

I've purchased 4 SB Radios so you can say I'm a happy SBR owner. The SBR sounds pretty good on it's own but for about $100, you can add a Dayton DTA-1 amp and some Sony bookshelf speakers. That setup beats the crap out of a SB Boom for the garage. Slightly less tidy but loud and clear. You won't believe your ears!

Search Amazon. The amp is less than $50.00 and the Sony speakers are $50.00.

We have a Radio and use it quite a bit. The sound is very good and the signal is pretty stable.

Never have used the alarm so can't say anything one way or the other about that aspect.

My only complaint is the preset buttons seem to periodically lose their settings. I haven't spotted a pattern (nor looked very hard for one) but it falls in the category of minor annoyance that wouldn't prevent me from buying one again.

I had problem some time ago with "disappearing presets" - actually on my Boom. I turned-off automatic synchronization with MySB.com, and that fixed the problem. I thought they fixed this issue, but since I don't use MySB.com directly I left the setting "off", so I can't confirm that it is still a problem.

I've had the Radio since early this year and generally happy with it. Though for 80% of that time it had many software problems. I connect through MSB.com and have all the usual issues that so many others have had where it stops working. At one point for a couple of weeks it was bricked.

But... alas, for the first time in months it seems to be working. That is, for the last week I have been able to connect. A few minor problems like clicking a preset brings up the radio station but nothing plays unless I go to another station preset and back, and every now and again it just switches off while playing.

But I can't complain, it's still working after a week. Before that it would need a software update on almost a daily basis.

Despite these problems I still like the device. But I would recommend a Boom for your garage. That has a lot more power for the larger space.

The Radio's only real caveat is its alarm implementation. Apart from that it is a great gadget which I like very much.

Does anyone recommend the SB Radio?

The Radio's only real caveat is its alarm implementation. Apart from
    that it is a great gadget which I like very much.

--
    copperstate
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    copperstate's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=34756
    View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=78357