Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Squeezeplay for Android?

Hi Everyone,
    Sorry if there's a thread already, I have searched but people only seem interested in remote controlling their SB from android? Not really useful for me.
    Is porting Squeezeplay to android a possibility? Surely the last link in the loop is to be able to play your music over the web from home? It certainly would be for me.
    Whether you think you can or you think you can't, either way you are right!
    SS (7.7.1 - r33735) on Debian Server (Squeeze) running Slimp3 (FW 2.3), Receiver (FW 77), Squeezebox Radio (7.7.1-r9557), xAP Enabled.

No one else want this?
    Shocked! Think you guys all need to get out more!
    Whether you think you can or you think you can't, either way you are right!
    SS (7.7.1 - r33735) on Debian Server (Squeeze) running Slimp3 (FW 2.3), Receiver (FW 77), Squeezebox Radio (7.7.1-r9557), xAP Enabled.

formerly known as Fletch
    I believe that some of the Android control apps have announced future plans to add playback support.

I think squeezeplay on the android would be good for larger tablet like android devices.
    Louis
    Last.fm

I would dig it

Personally, I think it would be great. I used to have my N800 for this which has a 4.3 in diagonal screen, but I think it would be fine on my little Hero.

is someone working on squeezeplay for Android??

Thumbs up Android (Squeezeplay) stations everywhere in the house!

I think it is a great idea mainly because of the price of the android pads.
    I would put them all over the house including wall mount pads and run powered speakers off them for a whole house audio system.
    6 x Android Pads = $1000.00
    1 x NAS or Home Server = $400.00
    Speakers I have lots of

Whole house audio for under $1400.00

Smile

Seriously, are we so few to be interested in the possibility of Squeeze Play and Squeeze Server on Android? Just imagine being able to use an Android Tablet with Squeeze Play or even with Squeeze Server, and then controlling the whole thing from your Android Phone using Squeeze Commander

Quote Originally Posted by CrankyTom View Post
    Seriously, are we so few to be interested in the possibility of Squeeze Play and Squeeze Server on Android? Just imagine being able to use an Android Tablet with Squeeze Play or even with Squeeze Server, and then controlling the whole thing from your Android Phone using Squeeze Commander
    Think quite a few would be interested, but the OP never came back to say if he was developing the app.
    LMS Version: 7.9
    TranquilPC T2-WHS-A3 - WHS 2011
    2x Touch, 3x SB3

There are more people interested in such an app, but unfortunately, it's not as straightforward as one may think. There are timing and protocol issues that prohibit easy porting if I remember correctly. There's another thread somewhere (too lazy to search for it) where this request was posted. Prolly in one of the remote control app threads.