Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Joggler Skin

Quote Originally Posted by dave77 View Post
    I finally got around to installing the skin using

wget http://github.com/3guk/Joggler-Squee...tarball/master
    sudo tar -C /opt/squeezeplay/share/jive/applets/WQVGAsmallSkin -xvf NAMEOFDOWNLOADEDFILEHERE

It seemed to extract okay but I can't see any difference? I was expecting the no playing page to fill the screen better. What should I be seeing different?
    If I remember correctly, this command isn't working correctly at the moment as it creates an extra subfolder (either called images or WQVAsmallSkin) in the folder you're trying to extract to rather than overwriting the existing files. Best to attach a keyboard and mouse (or use a telnet session if you're comfortable with that) and use the file manager to find the relevant folder/files and move them up a level.

Don't think I've explained that very well, but I'm in work at the moment and then away for a holiday so no chance to check the details. Hopefully using the file explorer you'll see what I mean
    Living Room: SB3 -> Musical Fidelity X-DAC V3 -> Marantz PM-66SE --> Tannoy Profile 631SE
    Bedroom: Boom
    Study: Squeezeplay on Joggler
    Kitchen: Squeezeplay on Joggler

Dave
    www.last.fm/user/david_f1976

Quote Originally Posted by dave77 View Post
    I finally got around to installing the skin using

wget http://github.com/3guk/Joggler-Squee...tarball/master
    sudo tar -C /opt/squeezeplay/share/jive/applets/WQVGAsmallSkin -xvf NAMEOFDOWNLOADEDFILEHERE

It seemed to extract okay but I can't see any difference? I was expecting the no playing page to fill the screen better. What should I be seeing different?
    Try (as root):

wget http://github.com/3guk/Joggler-Squee...tarball/master -O /tmp/squeezeplay-3guk-skin.tgz
    mkdir /tmp/squeezeplay-3guk-skin
    cd /tmp/squeezeplay-3guk-skin
    tar xvzf /tmp/squeezeplay-3guk-skin.tgz
    # Remove old skin
    rm -rf /opt/squeezeplay/share/jive/applets/WQVGAsmallSkin
    # Install new skin
    cp -av /tmp/squeezeplay-3guk-skin/3guk-Joggler-Squeezeplayer-* /opt/squeezeplay/share/jive/applets/WQVGAsmallSkin
    Christian

Home of SqueezeCommander - The SqueezeBox Remote Control App for Android

Quote Originally Posted by david_f1976 View Post
    If I remember correctly, this command isn't working correctly at the moment as it creates an extra subfolder (either called images or WQVAsmallSkin) in the folder you're trying to extract to rather than overwriting the existing files. Best to attach a keyboard and mouse (or use a telnet session if you're comfortable with that) and use the file manager to find the relevant folder/files and move them up a level.
    Yep that did it. I think I prefer the menus smaller, Now Playing is better though
    Boom - Controller - Touch - Radio

Fixed the top buttons, Keyboard fix mostly done too

Great skin for the Joggler this... I have found one or two things that are not quite finished.

On the top of the screen some of the buttons backgrounds were too small creating a tiling effect. I had a play ad fixed this with a few files

I am also working on a larger keyboard to suit the Joggler screen... Nearly there! I hope to have revised files available today...
    Last edited by Justblair; 2010-07-17 at 08:25. Reason: clear up what's finished and what's not

These files are available for download, files and instructions here...

http://www.justblair.co.uk/a-fix-for...lay-theme.html

Why does the joggler skin overwrite the WQVGAsmallSkin skin ?

Wouldn't it be better to just create a separate JogglerSkin that could be installed in parallel so you know which skin you are running ?
    Or is there some reason why it needs to overwrite the WQVGAsmallSkin ?

At the moment, when it overwrites WQVGAsmallSkin it gets complicated when I'm doing applet development since it means that I have to use a specific development tree of SqueezePlay for ONLY the Joggler skin.

By the way, next version of my Album Flow applet will have a bit better support for these custom resolution skins.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    (Developer of many plugins/applets (both free and commercial).
    If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third party plugin/applet development, consider purchasing some plugins)

Interested in the future of music streaming ? ickStream - A world of music at your fingertips.

Erland... I don't think there is a reason. I know from my messing with the other skin, I just coped what they did and adjusted what I needed. I don't think it HAS to be named that. Just have to edit the one lua file so that it shows up as a choice. But... I forgot how to do that. But I know from my experience, it doesn't HAVE to overwrite it. I tihnk it was just what he used as a starting point... and since the 1024x600 skin is just kind of adjusted from there, I did the came thing. I will see if I can change mine today

Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    Why does the joggler skin overwrite the WQVGAsmallSkin skin ?

Wouldn't it be better to just create a separate JogglerSkin that could be installed in parallel so you know which skin you are running ?
    Or is there some reason why it needs to overwrite the WQVGAsmallSkin ?

At the moment, when it overwrites WQVGAsmallSkin it gets complicated when I'm doing applet development since it means that I have to use a specific development tree of SqueezePlay for ONLY the Joggler skin.

By the way, next version of my Album Flow applet will have a bit better support for these custom resolution skins.
    I found it easy enough to create a separate joggler skin as you suggest.

In a skin folder there are two files, one ending with the word meta...

In this folder you need to register the skin with this line.
    Code:
    --JB This bit is really important, it registers the Skin in the select skin menu
    function registerApplet(self)
    	jiveMain:registerSkin(self:string("JOGGLER_SMALL_SKIN"), "JogglerSmallText", "skin")
    end
    --JB Finish here
    In my example I named the skin JogglerSmallText, the lines begining --JB are just my own comments to remind me.

JB thanks for this info as it saves me time and lets me check what I did... I was working on this this morning with my 1024x600 skin but got sidetracked with code for an accelerometer... Somehow for a mechanical engineer I seem to be messing with a lot of code lately... Not sure if that's good or bad.

One of the thigns I found this morning too that you didn't mention is that the applet lua file points to graphic files location now and points to the wqvga small skin folder. So that line needs changed to reflect the graphics being in the newly created folder and not still pointing to the WQVGA skin folder.

Also, i am not sure if on the joggler it's an issue, but the digital clocks were all offset to the left side at 800x600. I fixed this in my skin and you can compare the files to see what I changed since I didn't comment (I am learning... mechanical engineer not programmer ) And at least what I saw, unless you use custom wallpaper or the black wallpaper, there is a tiling effect with the included wallpapers. I fixed that in my skin too but again you'll have to compare the files to see what I changed.

I truly wish there was a skinning program to make all of this easier... When I had my carputer I was running a program (sometimes... I switched up a lot) called Road Runner and someone had taken the time to create a program where you could graphically lay out what you wanted and then it would create the xml file for the skin (I tihnk it was an xml file). The program made skinning much easier... Unfortunately I am not someone who could write the skinning program. I wish I could as I do have the time right now to do it but not the ability