Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 128
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Danmark
    Posts
    1,361
    I see some of you are not placing the Touch on your top-shelves - even though there seems to be room. Any particular reason for this? I would have thought the higher the better cf. the touch interface. Mnyb mention one reason, but perhaps there are other comments.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by bhaagensen View Post
    I see some of you are not placing the Touch on your top-shelves - even though there seems to be room. Any particular reason for this? I would have thought the higher the better cf. the touch interface. Mnyb mention one reason, but perhaps there are other comments.
    I agree with Mnyb. You want it placed high enough to use the touch screen with ease, but because of the sloping screen, it then becomes too high to see when seated. I'm still trying to find the ideal position.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom_3 View Post
    I agree with Mnyb. You want it placed high enough to use the touch screen with ease, but because of the sloping screen, it then becomes too high to see when seated. I'm still trying to find the ideal position.
    If you want to change the angle of the display (downwards) just put something on the rear brace. Those little rubber stick on feet would work well, you can find them in the hardware store with the picture hanger stuff.

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    45

    phone control

    Quote Originally Posted by bhaagensen View Post
    I see some of you are not placing the Touch on your top-shelves - even though there seems to be room. Any particular reason for this? I would have thought the higher the better cf. the touch interface. Mnyb mention one reason, but perhaps there are other comments.
    I use something for my Android phone called "Squeeze Commander", I can control my stereo with my phone when connected to my internal network. It's also great because when there is a phone call I can set it to pause the music.

    I think of the touch screen just like the play button on a cd player, maybe sometimes you get off the couch and press play, however remotes are always better (whether it's the IR remote or something else like the Squeezebox remote or a 3rd party application on a wi-fi phone or other device).

    What I would really want is some kind of screen embedded in my wall (about the size of an 8 1/2 by 11" picture frame (kind of like the Apple iPad but built into the wall) to control the electronic devices in my house, set the temperature, operate the coffee machine, etc....

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Danmark
    Posts
    1,361
    Quote Originally Posted by bullethead View Post
    I think of the touch screen just like the play button on a cd player, maybe sometimes you get off the couch and press play, however remotes are always better (whether it's the IR remote or something else like the Squeezebox remote or a 3rd party application on a wi-fi phone or other device).
    Yes, but on the other hand, the rich nature of the touch-interface is such that some would presumably like to be able to operate it as conveniently as possible.

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by bhaagensen View Post
    Yes, but on the other hand, the rich nature of the touch-interface is such that some would presumably like to be able to operate it as conveniently as possible.
    Agreed 100%.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Danmark
    Posts
    1,361
    Anyway, I am curious so please do report on what/how arrangements work for y'all. Perhaps with accompanying pictures to keep the thread on topic

  8. #18
    Senior Member Mnyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Vństerňs Sweden
    Posts
    16,127

    Smile

    Yes more pictures of y'all rolling in squeezeboxes...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

    http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by bhaagensen View Post
    I see some of you are not placing the Touch on your top-shelves - even though there seems to be room. Any particular reason for this? I would have thought the higher the better cf. the touch interface. Mnyb mention one reason, but perhaps there are other comments.
    i just put the touch where my old SB3 used to be. i don't use the touch interface at all, i just control it with the remote.

    kevin t

  10. #20
    Senior Member Ikabob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    1,446
    Yes, I do not use the touch screen, although it works very nicely. I routinely us ipeng as a remote. I don't want to smudge up the Sbtouch with fingerprints. The entire Sb system is awesome!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •