Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I see some of you are not placing the Touch on your top-shelves - even though there seems to be room. Any particular reason for this? I would have thought the higher the better cf. the touch interface. Mnyb mention one reason, but perhaps there are other comments.

Quote Originally Posted by bhaagensen View Post
    I see some of you are not placing the Touch on your top-shelves - even though there seems to be room. Any particular reason for this? I would have thought the higher the better cf. the touch interface. Mnyb mention one reason, but perhaps there are other comments.
    I agree with Mnyb. You want it placed high enough to use the touch screen with ease, but because of the sloping screen, it then becomes too high to see when seated. I'm still trying to find the ideal position.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom_3 View Post
    I agree with Mnyb. You want it placed high enough to use the touch screen with ease, but because of the sloping screen, it then becomes too high to see when seated. I'm still trying to find the ideal position.
    If you want to change the angle of the display (downwards) just put something on the rear brace. Those little rubber stick on feet would work well, you can find them in the hardware store with the picture hanger stuff.

phone control

I use something for my Android phone called "Squeeze Commander", I can control my stereo with my phone when connected to my internal network. It's also great because when there is a phone call I can set it to pause the music.

I think of the touch screen just like the play button on a cd player, maybe sometimes you get off the couch and press play, however remotes are always better (whether it's the IR remote or something else like the Squeezebox remote or a 3rd party application on a wi-fi phone or other device).

What I would really want is some kind of screen embedded in my wall (about the size of an 8 1/2 by 11" picture frame (kind of like the Apple iPad but built into the wall) to control the electronic devices in my house, set the temperature, operate the coffee machine, etc....

Quote Originally Posted by bullethead View Post
    I think of the touch screen just like the play button on a cd player, maybe sometimes you get off the couch and press play, however remotes are always better (whether it's the IR remote or something else like the Squeezebox remote or a 3rd party application on a wi-fi phone or other device).
    Yes, but on the other hand, the rich nature of the touch-interface is such that some would presumably like to be able to operate it as conveniently as possible.

Yes, but on the other hand, the rich nature of the touch-interface is such that some would presumably like to be able to operate it as conveniently as possible.
    Agreed 100%.

Anyway, I am curious so please do report on what/how arrangements work for y'all. Perhaps with accompanying pictures to keep the thread on topic

Smile

Yes more pictures of y'all rolling in squeezeboxes...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

i just put the touch where my old SB3 used to be. i don't use the touch interface at all, i just control it with the remote.

kevin t

Yes, I do not use the touch screen, although it works very nicely. I routinely us ipeng as a remote. I don't want to smudge up the Sbtouch with fingerprints. The entire Sb system is awesome!