Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    Is this a graphic I can replace on my own? I'm capable of doing the imaging.
    Yes, you just need to create an image that contains all the meter positions as those I linked in my previous post.

There are two ways to install it:
    1. Login with ssh and replace the following file:
    /usr/share/jive/applets/WQVGAsmallSkin/images/UNOFFICIAL/VUMeter/vu_analog_25seq_b.png

Or

2. Create a zip file with the file in the following structure and install it through the third party Patch Installer applet which is in my testing repository:
    /share/jive/applets/WQVGAsmallSkin/images/UNOFFICIAL/VUMeter/vu_analog_25seq_b.png

To be able to install it with the Patch Installer applet someone will need to create a repository xml file entry for it, but if you just provide the zip file we can arrange that.

The disadvantage with installing it manually is that you will have to repeat the operation after each firmware upgrade, with the Patch Installer all installed patches can be configured to automatically be re-applied after a firmware upgrade.

If you create a new visualizer image and decide to install it manually, we all appreciate if you at least post the image here so other users also can use it too.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    (Developer of many plugins/applets (both free and commercial).
    If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third party plugin/applet development, consider purchasing some plugins)

Interested in the future of music streaming ? ickStream - A world of music at your fingertips.

Quote Originally Posted by erland View Post
    Yes, you just need to create an image that contains all the meter positions as those I linked in my previous post.

There are two ways to install it:
    1. Login with ssh and replace the following file:
    /usr/share/jive/applets/WQVGAsmallSkin/images/UNOFFICIAL/VUMeter/vu_analog_25seq_b.png

Or

2. Create a zip file with the file in the following structure and install it through the third party Patch Installer applet which is in my testing repository:
    /share/jive/applets/WQVGAsmallSkin/images/UNOFFICIAL/VUMeter/vu_analog_25seq_b.png

To be able to install it with the Patch Installer applet someone will need to create a repository xml file entry for it, but if you just provide the zip file we can arrange that.

The disadvantage with installing it manually is that you will have to repeat the operation after each firmware upgrade, with the Patch Installer all installed patches can be configured to automatically be re-applied after a firmware upgrade.

If you create a new visualizer image and decide to install it manually, we all appreciate if you at least post the image here so other users also can use it too.
    Thanks...I'll probably do this but I may not be fast about it. And surely, I will share the files if I do it.

I played with this today. I want a really classic meter look. This will need tweaking after I figure out how to ssh into my Touch...that concept is eluding me.

Here's a first run at it:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Exact dimensions

Does anyone have exact pixel dimensions for the area of the screen occupied by elements above and below the vu meters, I'm interested in knowing how many pixels I need to allow for, vertically, in each case.

First attempt at a complete png file.

The Peak LED changes when the needle goes into the red.

Anywhere I can find information on accessing and using the app installer?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here's the zip file.

I don't know what I need to do after someone creates a repository xml file entry for it.

What's my next step?
    Attached Files Attached Files

I don't know what I need to do after someone creates a repository xml file entry for it.

What's my next step?
    I've added it to my repository file with "jstraw" as creator, you can install it as:
    1. Setup my testing repository in SBS Settings/Plugins:
    Code:
    http://erlandplugins.googlecode.com/svn/repository/trunk/testing.xml
    2. On the Touch, install the "Patch Installer" applet through the "Settings/Advanced/Applet Installer" menu (you will have to uncheck the "Recommended Applets Only" option to make it visible)
    3. On the Touch, install the "Yellow VU Meter" patch through the "Settings/Advanced/Patch Installer" menu (you will have to uncheck the "Recommended Patches Only" option to make it visible)

The Touch will reboot after point 2 and point 3.

Let me know if you have your own server where you would like to host the patch and I'll give you the necessary instructions to create your own repository else I'll keep it in my repository.
    If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third party plugin/applet development, consider purchasing some plugins)

Interested in the future of music streaming ? ickStream - A world of music at your fingertips.

Something like this on my server, wherever I like?

It's going to be easier for me to tweak this if I can upload the updated image file to my own server.

I'd be grateful for the instruction.

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0"?>

<extensions>
    	<details>
    		<title lang="EN">Erland's plugins and applets (BETA testing versions)</title>
    	</details>

<patches>

<patch name="YellowVUMeter" target="fab4" version="1.0" minTarget="7.5" maxTarget="7.5">
    			<title lang="EN">Yellow VU Meter</title>
    			<desc lang="EN">Yellow version of the VU meters</desc>
    			<creator>jstraw</creator>
    			<url>http://erlandapplets.googlecode.com/svn/PatchInstaller/trunk/patches/YellowVUMeter/YellowVUMeter-1.0.zip</url>
    			<sha>4fcee953a86f07a06c15f8794639882dbf8de634</sha>
    		</patch>
    	</patches>
    </extensions>

Wow! My meters are almost exactly right. I need to move the elements up just a little bit.

I just developed something for the Touch. I rock! heh

Something like this on my server, wherever I like?

It's going to be easier for me to tweak this if I can upload the updated image file to my own server.

I'd be grateful for the instruction.
    Yes, with some small modifications:
    1. You probably want to put your own description in extensions/details/title
    2. You need to change the url element so it points to the zip on your server instead of my Google Code project
    3. You can remove the <sha>...</sha> element during testing, else you will need to recalculate a new sha checksum everytime you change the zip

And you will of course need to add the url to the repository file on your server in the SBS Settings/Plugins.

If you have a server that's available always (24/7), I'll remove it from my repository. In that case, I suggest that you add your repository url to the following wiki page so users know where to find it:
    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...r_Repositories

If you add it to the above wiki page we will also add it to the list of official repositories which are available by default, this way the users doesn't have to add the url to your repository manually in SBS Settings.

If your server isn't available all the time, just point me to the zip file when you have finished tweaking it and I'll put it on my server.