Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 174
  1. #1

    Analogue/digital VU

    Hello,

    Are analogue/digital VU screensavers available for the Touch?

  2. #2
    Senior Member toby10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA (home of the bottomless credit card)
    Posts
    9,095
    Quote Originally Posted by didbox View Post
    Hello,

    Are analogue/digital VU screensavers available for the Touch?
    Yes, there are two visualizers via the Now Playing screen.
    1. 2 ch VU
    2. 2 ch (20 freq p/ch) Spectrum

    The meters do function but currently the text (artist/song) and elapsed time (bar and remaining time) are not displaying properly when these visualizers are engaged.

  3. #3
    Thank you but what I want is a real screensaver, like in the SB3...

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,690
    Quote Originally Posted by didbox View Post
    Thank you but what I want is a real screensaver, like in the SB3...
    Correct, right now they are just available as the now playing screen which includes some text and buttons.

    It should be fairly easy to take the code for the NP meter screen and rip out the buttons and just leave the meters and package it as a screensaver. It should be a nice "first applet" exercise. Want to try it? :-)

    John S.
    Last edited by JohnSwenson; 2010-04-10 at 11:35.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSwenson View Post
    Correct, right now they are just available as the now playing screen which includes some text and buttons.

    It should be fairly easy to take the code for the NP meter screen and rip out the buttons and just leave the meters and package it as a screensaver. It should be a nice "first applet" exercise. Want to try it? :-)

    John S.
    Hi John,
    Yes, but as I don't really have a gift for programming, you risk to have a very strange screensaver...


    Thank you!
    Last edited by didbox; 2010-04-10 at 23:09.

  6. #6
    Senior Member erland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    11,014
    Quote Originally Posted by didbox View Post
    Hi John,
    Yes, but as I don't really have a gift for programming, you risk to have a very strange screensaver...
    Don't worry, some third party developer will do it eventually, it's just a matter of time.

    I have the visualizer stuff on my todo list but I haven't gotten to it yet, it would be great if someone else did because it currently feels pretty lonely on the third party applet development arena.

    If you or someone else can draw/design graphics, it would be great if we could get some cool visualizer graphics which those of use who can't draw but know some programming could use.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Lead platform developer of ickStream Music Platform - A world of music at your fingertips

    (Also developer of many plugins/applets)

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    677
    I do that....
    maybe its time to give something back.

    Whats the pixel resolution on the Touch's screen?
    I'll knock up a couple of efforts and post on here..


    Gaz.

  8. #8
    Senior Member erland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    11,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazjam View Post
    I do that....
    maybe its time to give something back.

    Whats the pixel resolution on the Touch's screen?
    I'll knock up a couple of efforts and post on here..
    480x272

    The default visualizer looks like this:
    http://svn.slimdevices.com/repos/jiv...og_25seq_b.png

    Or with white background:
    http://svn.slimdevices.com/repos/jiv...og_25seq_w.png

    Use png format on the images.

    Make the images for each style as:
    1. A background image 480x272
    2. A arrow image at a clock position 12:00
    3. A long image as those linked above where you have copied the arrow into the background image in all possible positions

    I'm not sure yet if the performance will be good enough for the applet to actually rotate image 2 in run time on top of a static background (image 1) or if we need to go with the solution of a single image 3 as the standard visualizer use.

    If you create the combined version (image 3) that can be use directly by replacing the standard image with your own version without any developing.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    Lead platform developer of ickStream Music Platform - A world of music at your fingertips

    (Also developer of many plugins/applets)

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    677
    Hi Erland..
    I'll see what I can come up with.


    Gaz.
    Last edited by Gazjam; 2010-04-11 at 11:16.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    315
    I wish the meter graphics could be redesigned so that the pivot point of the needle wasn't six inches below the screen. The effect now is that the needle appears to move laterally more than it appears to pivot.

    Is this a graphic I can replace on my own? I'm capable of doing the imaging.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •