Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: RC (Inguz etc.)

You could say I'm against digital processing but I think bass EQ satisfies the purist in me whilst giving a significant benefit in my room. Long term I discovered I was unhappy with the "naturalness" of the sound when frequencies above the bass were processed - although I'm happy to admit this might have been psychological!

In any case, I use Inguz for bass EQ and it works well. Also, by adjusting the overall bass response I was able to move the speakers further out from the back wall - this is arguably a very important though indirect benefit beyond just the bass.
    Darren
    Last edited by darrenyeats; 2010-04-15 at 05:47.
    Check it, add to it! http://www.dr.loudness-war.info/

SB Touch

Sure, I do not want to EQ above 100Hz either!
    This effects tonality and overall representation.
    I just want to correct few very specific points on the frequency scale, since I cannot have a perfect rooms and introduce (massive & horrible) bass traps

Quote Originally Posted by michael123 View Post
    I just want to correct few very specific points on the frequency scale, since I cannot have a perfect rooms and introduce (massive & horrible) bass traps
    Keep in mind that the "effects" may actually be positive. There seem to be valid arguments in both the full range DRC and LF only DRC approaches. Dismissing one approach without hearing it work in your particular situation seems limiting. Give both methods a try and see which one actually sounds best - intellectual concerns aside.
    Server: MacBook Air w/ MacOS 10.10.1
    Sources: Apple TV, SB Touch, NAD C542
    Amplification: NAD C390DD, Schiit Modi/Vali, NAD C725BEE
    Loudspeakers: Magneplanar MMG, SVS SB-12 Plus, Paradigm Monitor 9 v.7
    Headphones: Audyssey LCD2, Grado SR60, Etymotic ER4P

http://www.last.fm/user/esbrewer

I should also add that I have tried darrenyeats' approach and found it preferable with certain types of music. But overall the full range correction seems to work best for me.

* I tested my room many times with Room EQ Wizard, response is quite flat above 110 Hz.
    * I like the sound of my speakers

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by esbrewer View Post
    I should also add that I have tried darrenyeats' approach and found it preferable with certain types of music. But overall the full range correction seems to work best for me.
    +1 for me too...
    You want to see the signal path BEFORE it gets onto a CD/vinyl...it ain't what you'd call minimal...
    Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
    Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
    Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.

For anyone having problems with the Web UI after installing michael123's patch, try this;

in Plugins/InguzEQ/Plugin.pm, lines 742 to 747;

change Slim::Web::Pages::addPageFunction(....

to;

Slim::Web::Pages->addPageFunction(....

(ie, replace the "::" with "->" after "Pages")

This has fixed the web UI for me.

Andy.

Yes, sure.
    The question is however not "how to install", but "how to patch" :-)

Once you install from InguzAudio, take the attached file and replace it in Plugins/InguzEQ

For my living room system, it's the same, one really nasty resonant peak at ~55Hz, that I need to tame, but otherwise the frequency response is pretty good. Try tuning the rest, and the cure can cause as many problems as it tries to fix. I spent a weekend building and tuning an analog notch filter for the sub-woofer (I run a satellite/sub type system) and have been happy ever since.
    Audiophile wish list: Zero Distortion, Infinite Signal to Noise Ratio, and a Bandwidth from DC to Daylight

apple lossless, faad, and 7.5

A few threads started immediately after the release of 7.5 about problems with playing apple lossless files. Apparently a shift to (or away from - my head was starting to hurt following these threads) a utility named faad has changed the way apple lossless is processed by SBS.

I tried to install Inguz again under SBS 7.5. Everything went as expected, but then I found no Inguz options for apple lossless or AAC in the File Types menu. All of the other Inguz options were present. Most of my library is in apple lossless to make the use of iPods more convenient via iTunes. Does this mean my run with Inguz is coming to an end? Reverting back to older SBS versions is not really an option as I plan on purchasing a Touch sometime soon. I also don't want to mess with SBS too much as I use a Boom as my alarm clock and need stability there.

Thumbs down Inguz and 7.5 no success

To michael123, andywright and others I will resume the installation process.
    I installed 7.5, the Touch and manually installed the latest InguzEQ and InguzDSP, modified Michael's plugin.pm as Andy suggested and replaced the original plugin.pm with the modified one. Are those steps correct and complete?
    I'm asking since I haven't succeeded. The Inguz isn't visible neither in the Touch menu nor in the web interface. Any further suggestions?
    Thanks, Chris.