Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: RC (Inguz etc.)

I don't want to put anyone off and I am sorry if this is overkill or not appropriate for the forum, but I thought it might be useful to post an example of the DRC correction filter creation process using Acourate. These are a few screen shots of one of the versions I did. It is for my main speakers, without sub.

1. The measured response. (That "combing" isn't at all unusual)
    Name:  1-original measurement 800.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  141.4 KB

2. Amplitude preparation - i.e. a smoothing of the measured response on which the correction will be based. To some extent this more reflects how we actually perceive the frequency response. The detail level can be adjusted but there is a trade off between the finer detail and a much more restricted listening position.
    Name:  2-after amplitude preparation 800.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  110.6 KB

3. Target prepartion. This shows the target curve (in black) after I prepared it, against the curves used to calculate the DRC filters.
    Name:  3-target 800.jpg
Size:  110.8 KB

4. Filter generation. This is Acourate's simulation of the DRC result with the filters it has generated for that target and the amplitude file. It includes the target curve.
    Name:  4-simulated result 800.jpg
Size:  139.2 KB

5. Simulated result processed in the same way as screen shot 2 in order to give a better overall picture of what the adjusted frequency response is likely to be
    Name:  5-amp prep of simulated result 800.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  107.7 KB
    Last edited by JohnB; 2017-08-10 at 03:32.
    Touch, Meridian G92, Meridian G55, PMC OB1i speakers, HP Proliant Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 7, iPad 4, iPeng, Squeezepad.

John, thank you for the Plugin.pm file, that did the trick - I must have broken the version I edited.

Bob, http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...plugin-working is the link to the utube

I will try an install onto another Vortexbox and update the install document.

Just tried Orange Squeeze, the test signals are all there and at least left/right identifier works. Will try more.

Edit Found IE in Windows Accessories on my Win 10 box and Silverlight works, can set a graph and use Orange Squeeze to save it.
    Last edited by Wirrunna; 2017-08-10 at 00:33. Reason: Added Silverlight works in Win 10
    A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.

Seen sprayed on the outside wall of the local library -
    Three things I hate in life :
    1. Vandalism
    2. Irony
    3. Lists

Wirrunna, tried looking at the YouTube video but it doesn't seem to exist anymore

I managed to find IE on Windows 10 as well and as long as silverlight is installed, as you say the graphical display is there. I have iPad with iPeng but can't find any way to use it to set up EQ or to save anything. Any ideas?

John, I'm going to have a closer look at REW to see if there is any way to export RC and import into Inguz. What file type does Inguz require, .wav, .pcm or what? And what folder does that file go into? I don't really want to spend out on Audiolense or Acourate without knowing that I can actually get a RC file into Inguz and establish that it works; i.e. that it does indeed change the character of the sound.

Edit... Wirrunna, just found Inguz EQ on iPeng. For some reason it was hidden by the menu system so I had to 'unhide' it and sort the entries into a meaningful order. Makes it much easier all round to use Inguz.
    Last edited by bobertuk; 2017-08-10 at 10:26.
    1 x Touch
    1 x Radio
    1 x Boom
    1 x Intel- NUC server/player running LMS 7.91 on Ubuntu 16.04
    1 X Odroid-XU4 server/player running LMS 7.91 on Ubuntu 16.04
    WaveIO USB into Lavry DA-10 DAC
    Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM
    Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
    Behringer DEQ2496
    Linn Isobarik DMS

Bob,

As far as I know REW can measure the loudspeaker/room frequency response but it can't, on its own, produce the correction files for Inguz. I have seen some mention of the REW measurements being used in other packages to create the correction files but I confess that I am not up to speed with what free software there is around that will create the correction files.

The correction files that I use with Inguz are 32bit wave files - though they seem only to contain a pulse when looked at in an audio editor. The correction files go in /usr/share/InguzEQ/Impulses.

PM sent
    Last edited by JohnB; 2017-08-10 at 15:47.
    Touch, Meridian G92, Meridian G55, PMC OB1i speakers, HP Proliant Microserver/Ubuntu, PC/Windows 7, iPad 4, iPeng, Squeezepad.

Inguz on IE CAN save a preset.

Bob and John,
    I have spent some time looking at the Plugin.pm and strings.txt to see if I could figure out what the problem saving a preset is.

First I installed LMS 7.0 on an old PC and loaded the Inguz plugin - see first screen pic - , look at "Save current settings as:" , there is a box that when clicked will save the settings and flash a light green colour over the text.

The second screen pic from LMS 7.9.1 shows the same area of the screen but instead of a clickable box there is a "|" - however, clicking carefully will flash the light green and save the text, no need to go to iPeng, Orange Squeeze etc. Try it.

In an earlier life I spent 10 years writing IBM Assembler, so I had a look at the plugin code in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Squeezebox\server\Plugins\InguzEQ,
    strings.txt contains the character string that appears on the Inguz screen with each string's variable name, so

PLUGIN_INGUZEQ_SAVEPRESETFILE EN Save current settings as:

is what to look for in Plugin.pm - while that is easy to find I couldn't work out what drew the clickable box.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.

Seen sprayed on the outside wall of the local library -
    Three things I hate in life :
    1. Vandalism
    2. Irony
    3. Lists

Wirrunna,

I found the "|" earlier and discovered that it saved the profile. In my attempts to get the graphical EQ display working I discovered a Silverlight installer for Mac - silverlight needs activating through Safari security preferences. That got the EQ display working and the save button appeared in place of "|" on the latest LMS 7.91 nightly. I have an old desktop PC running with Windows 10 installed and found the same on that with Safari.

Thank you for looking at the Inguz code. The problem I have at the moment is that I can't get the up/down buttons working - some do some don't. I'm sure it's an issue with the HTML code but my coding skills are poor to say the least.

Bob
    1 x Touch
    1 x Radio
    1 x Boom
    1 x Intel- NUC server/player running LMS 7.91 on Ubuntu 16.04
    1 X Odroid-XU4 server/player running LMS 7.91 on Ubuntu 16.04
    WaveIO USB into Lavry DA-10 DAC
    Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM
    Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
    Behringer DEQ2496
    Linn Isobarik DMS