Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: RC (Inguz etc.)

Hi there...
    All of the tools you mention will let you measure/analyse the in-room response(with a suitably accurate measurement mic). I don't know if you can use them to generate convolution files (like you can with AudioLense or Acourate or BruteFIR) to use with Inguz though. I'm not sure if they let you specify a target response curve either. I only have extensive experience with AL (and the TACT hardware+Good Vibrations software - which was a sort of freeware precursor to Acourate). I wouldn't want to mislead you. Suggest you ask on a REW forum?
    Regards
    Phil
    You want to see the signal path BEFORE it gets onto a CD/vinyl...it ain't what you'd call minimal...
    Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
    Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
    Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.

are you versed in Brute Fir, sir??

I really want to make this happen..but dont want to pay a centodollar for software I may or may not take a shine to
    Vortexbox>SBT(stock)>>Forssell MDAC-2>>>Klein and Hummell 0300D

Sota Sapphire/Lyra Kleos>>Bespoke Valve Phono Stage>>Mastersound Due Venti>>Link Audio K100

I posted over in 3rd Party Software about an odd problem I just had with ImpulsePrep.

problems with alac files on mac osx

Hi all, i have a question specifically for Phil. I installed Logitech media server on a new imac with osx "lion".
    I found it quite difficoltń to run the latest version of Inguz (0.9.33) for installation problems following this procedure : http://www.sugarmonster.net/InguzDownloads/index.html
    But now i have the plugin dsp nicely active and correction works with flac and mp3 files but not with apple lossless (alac).
    I tried and tried but it seems that we need to make some changes in the configuration files (?).
    I ask for a little help and sorry for the bad English language.
    Tanks,

Marcello

Quote Originally Posted by marcy1970 View Post
    Hi all, i have a question specifically for Phil. I installed Logitech media server on a new imac with osx "lion".
    I found it quite difficoltń to run the latest version of Inguz (0.9.33) for installation problems following this procedure : http://www.sugarmonster.net/InguzDownloads/index.html
    But now i have the plugin dsp nicely active and correction works with flac and mp3 files but not with apple lossless (alac).
    I tried and tried but it seems that we need to make some changes in the configuration files (?).
    I ask for a little help and sorry for the bad English language.
    Tanks,

Marcello
    Marcello

I added this entry to my custom-convert.conf file to play apple files via Inguz:

aac flc * 00:04:20:22:01:8e
    # IFT
    [faad] -q -w -f 1 $FILE$ | [InguzDSP] -id "00:04:20:22:01:8e" -wav -wavo -d 24 | [flac] -cs -0 --totally-silent -

you need to replace my MAC address (00:04:20:22:01:8e) with the MAC address of your device

Hope this helps
    regards
    Phil
    You want to see the signal path BEFORE it gets onto a CD/vinyl...it ain't what you'd call minimal...
    Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
    Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
    Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Leigh View Post
    Marcello

I added this entry to my custom-convert.conf file to play apple files via Inguz:

aac flc * 00:04:20:22:01:8e
    # IFT
    [faad] -q -w -f 1 $FILE$ | [InguzDSP] -id "00:04:20:22:01:8e" -wav -wavo -d 24 | [flac] -cs -0 --totally-silent -

you need to replace my MAC address (00:04:20:22:01:8e) with the MAC address of your device

Hope this helps
    regards
    Phil
    Good to hear from you Phil, hope all well.

See the following post...
    Last edited by marcy1970; 2012-06-03 at 06:32.
    Squeezebox Touch, Boom - imac MC813D/A
    Ps Audio P200, PS Audio A100, Ps Audio Digital Link III, Ps Audio GCHA
    Totem Staff, Akg K701, Sennheiser HD595, Shure SRH840.

Hello Phil,
    I have now modified the file "custom-convert.conf" and the DSP correction is applied for the "apple lossless" files, while aac (m4a compressed) are played without the intervention of the DSP.
    My attual configuration of custom-convert.conf:

aif flc * 00:04:20:22:bb:0c
    # FT:{START=-skip %t}
    [InguzDSP] -id "00:04:20:22:bb:0c" -input $FILE$ $START$ -be -wav -wavo -d 24 | [flac] -cs -0 --totally-silent -

aac flc * 00:04:20:22:bb:0c
    # IFT
    [faad] -q -w -f 1 $FILE$ | [InguzDSP] -id "00:04:20:22:bb:0c" -wav -wavo -d 24 | [flac] -cs -0 --totally-silent -

alc flc * 00:04:20:22:bb:0c
    # FT:{START=-j %s}U:{END=-e %u}D:{RESAMPLE=-r %d}
    [faad] -q -w -f 1 $START$ $END$ $FILE$ | [InguzDSP] -id "00:04:20:22:bb:0c" -wav -wavo -d 24 | [flac] -cs -0 --totally-silent -

amb flc * 00:04:20:22:bb:0c
    # IFT:{START=-skip %t}
    [InguzDSP] -id "00:04:20:22:bb:0c" -input $FILE$ $START$ -amb -wavo -d 24 | [flac] -cs -0 --totally-silent -

ape flc * 00:04:20:22:bb:0c
    # F
    [mac] $FILE$ - -d | [InguzDSP] -id "00:04:20:22:bb:0c" -wav -wavo -d 24 | [flac] -cs -0 --totally-silent -

Thanks,

Marcello
    Squeezebox Touch, Boom - imac MC813D/A
    Ps Audio P200, PS Audio A100, Ps Audio Digital Link III, Ps Audio GCHA
    Totem Staff, Akg K701, Sennheiser HD595, Shure SRH840.

What is the absolute minimum processing power required to run Inguz on a PC?

Can this mini ITX board be used?

AMD CPU on Board ;Fusion APU E-350 Dual-Core Processors
    Chipset AMD« FCH A50 (Hudson M1):

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD...specifications

Or this one?

AMD Fusion APU E-450 Dual-Core onboard Processors
    Supports AMD« Turbo Core Technology
    Chipset AMD FCH A50M (Hudson M1):

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD...specifications

Last edited by Kuja; 2012-06-19 at 08:42.

ok, sorry in advance, I have not read through this posting, except for the first few posts. Now comes the real deal of the posting.... Can someone post a 'how to', to get this working with the current realease of LMS?
    Squeezebox: Classic/SB3, Duet,(Controller x2) Boom x3, Radio and Touch x3
    Server: Noah Blk Mini-ITX Case, Intel D945GCLF2 Atom 330 Motherboard, 2 GB 667 RAM, X2 Western Digital Scorpio Blue 500GB 2.5" H/D's Internal.
    Ext Backup #1: DAS 200 with X2 Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB H/D's Raided.
    Ext Backup #2: External USB Hardrive using GoodSync (Backup program).
    Ripper: dBpoweramp. (Installed on WHS & Win7)
    Running 24/7 Looks good and works well!