Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Angry BBC Doesn't Play

I live in the UK (London to be precise) and my wife is addicted to Radio4 and while I have no problem connecting either my SB Boom or SB Radio to BBC Radio 4 through Squeezebox.com it consistently fails when I try to do the same thing through the Sqeezebox Server I have running locally. I have similar problems with BBC R1, R2, R3, R7 but no such problems with any of the other radios stations I've tried including BBC World News Service. What gives? I have also now installed the BBC application/plug-in and to the same results. The error message I get on the devices are:

Error: No items found in playlist

Now I've looked at my server -- which is running version 7.4.2 -r30215 of Squeezebox Server on a Windows 7 Ultimate x64 machine. Everything, as far as I can tell, seems to be running fine.

Are you using Kaspersky ?

Bbc

Yes I am. Does that matter? Why would it distinguish between BBC and other feeds?
    Last edited by ken@ken.net; 2010-03-29 at 13:09.

Quote Originally Posted by ken@ken.net View Post
    Yes I am. Does that matter? Why would it distinguish between BBC and other feeds?
    Kaspersky corrupts BBC ASX lists - it seems Kaspersky doesn't like long ASX playlists and mangles, fragments or terminates the datastream after a certain byte count.

Either replace kaspersky or see this for which settings to change
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpo...3&postcount=21

Smile thanks!

Yes you were right. Kaspersky was the culprit. I am still using it but have taken the steps you pointed to and all seems to work now. Big thank you!