Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Hi there, looks like a great app. Can I confirm though that this won't work on Stockware 2.2 Android?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesg1979 View Post
    Hi there, looks like a great app. Can I confirm though that this won't work on Stockware 2.2 Android?
    It works without problems on Android 2.2 (I'm using a Nexus One with Android 2.2 here), but some HTC firmwares contain a bug.
    The bug is definitely included in their 2.1 firmwares, but I'm not sure about HTC 2.2 firmwares...

Just try it and please tell me if it works for you.
    Christian

Home of SqueezeCommander - The SqueezeBox Remote Control App for Android

Ok, I'd like to use SqueezeConfig, but I have one of the HTC phones (Eris) with the UDAP bug. I know flattermann developed a utility to replace the offending module, but I need root access to run it.

Anybody know of an easy way to get root access to my Droid Eris (firmware 2.1 I believe) without totally destroying the contents of my phone? I know most of the root instructions on the internet are for the 2.1 LEAKED Android firmware, and not for the stock firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by jaynlisa View Post
    Ok, I'd like to use SqueezeConfig, but I have one of the HTC phones (Eris) with the UDAP bug. I know flattermann developed a utility to replace the offending module, but I need root access to run it.

Anybody know of an easy way to get root access to my Droid Eris (firmware 2.1 I believe) without totally destroying the contents of my phone? I know most of the root instructions on the internet are for the 2.1 LEAKED Android firmware, and not for the stock firmware.
    jaynlisa,

There are several one-click-root-tools available, e.g. for the Eris, this one looks promising: (BTW: xda-developers.com is a great resource!)
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=742228

I have rooted all my Android phones without bricking one of them and I think this is a really great thing to do, but please be aware of the consequences:

- In the worst case, you may brick your device and render it unusable
    - You may lose your data on the device (make a backup first!)
    - If you want to install a custom firmware, do a so called "nandroid" backup first (this is a complete dump of your whole phone and can be done in the recovery boot once you've rooted your phone)
    - If you are sending in your device for repair, you may need to install the unrooted stock firmware/recovery first (for HTC phones, just download the newest stock firmware image from the HTC website and install it, this will overwrite your custom recovery and firmware)

Good luck and have fun!
    Christian

Sweden (only country where the clouds are interesting)
    I posted this question http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpo...&postcount=202 in the SqComm thread, and got directions to check out SqueezeConfig. Now I've checked this thread and I'm lost, wondering if SqCfg will do what I need or if there was some misunderstanding...

My problem is when my Duet player is connected tho SBS and SBS is shut down, then I have to use my Duet controller to get the player connected to MySB.com. It seems SqComm cannot perform this task of connecting the player to MySB.com. Will SqCfg be able to do this for me?
    // OppfinnarJocke
    SqueezeBox Duet, Controller FW 7.7.2 r9663, Player FW 77
    Main use: Wimp and internet radio through MySB.com

Quote Originally Posted by OppfinnarJocke View Post
    I posted this question http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpo...&postcount=202 in the SqComm thread, and got directions to check out SqueezeConfig. Now I've checked this thread and I'm lost, wondering if SqCfg will do what I need or if there was some misunderstanding...

My problem is when my Duet player is connected tho SBS and SBS is shut down, then I have to use my Duet controller to get the player connected to MySB.com. It seems SqComm cannot perform this task of connecting the player to MySB.com. Will SqCfg be able to do this for me?
    Yes, if it works on your device (see the comments above).
    You could also have a look at the "SvrPowerControl" plugin which has an option to automatically switch the player to MySB when the server is shut down but I don't think it's of any help in the cases where you forget to shut down the server using the plugin.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 8, the Universal App for iOS 7 and iOS 8

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    Yes, if it works on your device (see the comments above).
    You could also have a look at the "SvrPowerControl" plugin which has an option to automatically switch the player to MySB when the server is shut down but I don't think it's of any help in the cases where you forget to shut down the server using the plugin.
    OK, thanks, so it seems SqCfg will solve my problem, and I have a Froyo phone (but a HTC Desire though, so maybe, maybe not, will test) but I am a little concerned about the requirements about "MUST be connected to wired LAN", that flattermann wrote in the first post of this thread. I won't ever have my player connected by wire, no way.

And no, SvrPowerControl is not for me. I always forget to do what I have to do (direct the player to MySB.com) before putting my SBS-laptop to sleep, so that app wouldn't help me. Thanks for the tip, though.

BTW, I'm curious... why can't SqComm manage the players in the same was as the Duet controller can? SqComm can do everything else the controller can, and better. Is this lack just an oversight, or is there something inherent in the way the SB-system is implemented that prevents it? Surely, MySB.com has a listing of all the players for each user, not? So couldn't the necessary info be gotten from MySB.com?
    Last edited by OppfinnarJocke; 2010-10-20 at 03:53.
    // OppfinnarJocke

I am a little concerned about the requirements about "MUST be connected to wired LAN", that flattermann wrote in the first post of this thread. I won't ever have my player connected by wire, no way.
    That only applies if you want to newly configure a player. SqueezeConfig connects to the player over the network so the player has to somehow be connected to the network before you can configure it. You can't send the WiFi password to a WiFi device thet's not on WiFi over WiFi,... you get the point.

In your case, however, the player _is_ already connected to the network, it has just lost it's server so this will work.

iPeng would show the player as "unconnected" in this situation and flattermann will maybe sometimes also add a feature like that to SqueezeCommander but right now it should definitely work with SqueezeConfig.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 8, the Universal App for iOS 7 and iOS 8

BTW, I'm curious... why can't SqComm manage the players in the same was as the Duet controller can? SqComm can do everything else the controller can, and better. Is this lack just an oversight, or is there something inherent in the way the SB-system is implemented that prevents it? Surely, MySB.com has a listing of all the players for each user, not? So couldn't the necessary info be gotten from MySB.com?
    If your player is "unconnected", it cannot be found/controlled by SBS or MySB.
    The only way is to send commands directly to the player.

Until this feature is implemented in SqueezeCommander, you can use SqueezeConfig for this.
    See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpo...6&postcount=10 on how to get it.

Probably a restart of the player is enough:
    - Start SqueezeConfig
    - Long-Press on the Player
    - Select Reset
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by flattermann View Post
    If your player is "unconnected", it cannot be found/controlled by SBS or MySB.
    The only way is to send commands directly to the player.
    I'm sorry, I don't understand this, must be I'm confused by terminology (if nothing else). Sorry to be a thick-head...

If I have my player connected to SBS running on my laptop and I shut down the laptop, I can use my Duet controller to connect the player with MySB.com. Similarly, if I have the player connected to MySB.com, I can start up SBS and then, from within SBS or by the Duet controller, connect the player to SBS.

From what I understand, this functionality is not implemented in SqComm, that's fine, but are you saying that it can never be? (EDIT: Sorry, now I see, you say "until this is implemented in SqComm", ok fine, thanks).

I'd really like to ditch the Duet controller, since it has loads of network problems.
    // OppfinnarJocke