Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Controller can't find any networks

Hi

I was doing a rebuild of my wireless system (had to recreate router config) and then I found that the controller couldn't connect to my SBS music library. The controller Diags showed that it had connected to my wireless net OK but had not obtained an ip address. After a reboot made no difference, I removed the battery and rebooted (ISTR this was one of the recommended actions a while back) - still no change. Then I tried to reconfigure Networking but this time the controller showed that it couldn't see any networks (Found Networks = 0) and there are quite a few!

Eventually I found the Factory Reset menu option and after that the controller could view all the networks again and it connected fine. However is this kind of network config degradation thing normal? It seems quite drastic to have to do a complete reconfig from scratch.

Controller firmware = 7.4.1 r7915
    SBS 7.4.2
    Router = Netgear WPN824v2 (WPA2) in wireless bridge mode

It seems like once a week or so I have to do a full
    factory reset on the controller. It is somewhat annoying, but
    only takes a few minutes.

I was having a similar issue after a recent SBS7.4.1/FW updates.

I have a Duet and a pair of Booms and I found the SBC in particular would lose its connection (blue network icon). I also noticed the Booms taking longer to acquire an IP address via DHCP (sometimes they would even time out).

I reconfigured my router and setup all SB components on Static IP's and I've not experienced the problems since. FWIW, all components are on an 802.11g wireless connection.

Ick - I really don't want to have to use static ips. Plus I'm sure >99% of the Duet customers won't be wanting to do this either.

Is flaky DHCP the smoking gun? Is there a controller error log? Are there bugs filed on this?