Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 36 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by plutoz View Post
    Hi Thomas, I'm patiently awaiting the release of your new SqueezePlug and looking forward to the performance improvements. Are these entirely due to the switch to sqlite, which I assume is only possible under SBS 7.6?

Hopefully Logitech will complete the beta testing of SBS 7.6 sooner than later!
    Hi Plutoz,
    yes, it's because sql-lite comes with 7.6.

The reason for the delay of SqueezePlug beta-testing is because 7.6 don't work. See my next post!

Greetings,
    Thomas
    SBS 7.7.x on SqueezePlug,
    2 x Squeezebox Duet,
    1 x Squeezebox Touch,
    1 x Onkyo TX-8050 DLNA ready receiver
    iPeng,
    SqueezeSlave

My SqueezePlug Wiki: Wiki
    My Blog: Blog
    My Forum: Forum
    My Downloads: Downloads
    My Videos: YouTube

Feel free to donate my SqueezePlug project: Donate, thanks a lot!

SqueezePlug V2 Delay

Hi Folks,
    sorry for the delay of SqueezePlug V2. The reason for the delay is that I like to install SBS-Server 7.6. This version don't run, the scanner hangs at every scan of my music-database. So I think we should wait or what do you (Beta-Testers) think. The rest works fine.

Please tell me whether you like to test, regardless of the problem with SBS!

Please take a look the screenshot!

Greetings,
    Thomas
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    2 x Squeezebox Duet,
    1 x Squeezebox Touch,
    iPeng,
    SqueezeSlave

Is there a way to diagnose why it is hanging? My SqueezePlug arrives from GlobalScale tomorrow. I guess I should temporarily go with your previous release until you figure out why it is hanging...

- Jon

Thomas,

I think it would be best to wait until SBS 7.6 goes to official release status. I will be happy to help test when 7.6 comes out of beta. I think Logitech is just changing too many things right now to properly integrate with SqueezePlug.

Yeah , I hope Thomas can figure out how to make first version of his awesome software for the tonidoplug. Us guys with the tonidoplug are left out in the cold! I appreciate all your work on this stuff, it's just that some of us with tonidoplugs are struggling in the dark.

Time problem

Has anyone experienced any problems with the SqueezeBox Server time whilst running on a SqueezePlug? My server is running an hour ahead of the plug time and it is mystifiying me; I have never seen this across the many and varied platforms I have run Squeeze on.

I noticed that yesterday my alarm didn't sound, despite the time displayed on my controller being correct. Upon further investigation it transpired that the system time on the plug was out by an hour. I changed the time on the plug, which is now correct, but it has pushed the Squeeze time forward an hour.

I am in the UK, running on BST, which is an hour ahead of GMT, and almost certainly the problem, but I have never seen a GMT offset time or anything similar on Squeeze, which, I thought, simply takes the time from the server. I restarted it to try to force it to take the server time but it is still an hour out.

All very irritating when I jumped out of bed in a panic an hour early this morning......

Marc

Hi Thomas,

I would like to try V2 anyway. Since new nightly build are arriving quite often, chances of getting it to work eventually are high.

Out of curiosity: When you decide to run V2 from NAND, is it possible to use MySQL in SBS 7.60 ? I guess not, due to storage size problems, right?

SBS 7.6 scanning is not completely broken. If it hangs, you can just trigger a new scan, and after some tries it will usually start and complete the scan.

Quote Originally Posted by truehl View Post
    Hi Folks,
    sorry for the delay of SqueezePlug V2. The reason for the delay is that I like to install SBS-Server 7.6. This version don't run, the scanner hangs at every scan of my music-database. So I think we should wait or what do you (Beta-Testers) think. The rest works fine.

Please tell me whether you like to test, regardless of the problem with SBS!

Quote Originally Posted by nieldm View Post
    Has anyone experienced any problems with the SqueezeBox Server time whilst running on a SqueezePlug? My server is running an hour ahead of the plug time and it is mystifiying me; I have never seen this across the many and varied platforms I have run Squeeze on.

Marc
    Marc this seems to be a mystery - I for one can't figure out the logic in it. The easiest way I've seen to sort it is to use Webmin. Go to the "Hardware" menu on the left hand column, and then Select "System Time". This will allow you to make sure that System Time on the Sheeva is the same as Hardware Time. (You then make a manual time-location adjustment on your Touch: there will probably be a bit of trial and error here: it does not seem to know what Summer time is. Once set however, it stay set: prob until Winter time comes back in when the Touch may need adjusting again.) This latter step does not seem to be necessary on the Squeezebox Classic.
    Squeezebox Classic:2; Duet: 1; Boom:1; Touch:1; Wandboard Quad; Squeezelite.
    Server: Wandboard Quad with SoA; Raspberry Pi/Wolfson Card with Squeezeplug 7.06; (backup:Win 8 Pro 64 bit, Sheevaplug with Squeezeplug); iPeng, iPeng for Ipad, Orange Squeeze, Squeezepad, LMS Version: Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0

SqueezePlug V2 Beta ready for testing!

Hi Folks,
    I've finished SqueezePlugV2 Beta! Please take a look, if you like:

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...gV2_.28beta.29

What are the advantages of this version?

* Dual Boot Plug with every plug
    * New u-boot version 3.4.27
    * Debian System on NAND and SD-Card
    * Brand new Linux kernel on NAND an SD-Card 2.6.34
    * SBS on NAND is also possible
    * SBS version 7.6 with a massive increase of performance
    * all pretty things from SqueezePlug-Server

As mentioned before, there are some massive problems with SBS-Version 7.6 so please install a actual nightly build. You can also install SBS-Version 7.5. But please don't do it with the script. Do it manually:

cd /install
    wget http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nig...~30844_all.deb
    dpkg -i squeezeboxserver_7.5.1~30844_all.deb
    apt-get install -f

Please report your experiences.

Greetings,
    Thomas
    2 x Squeezebox Duet,
    1 x Squeezebox Touch,
    iPeng,
    SqueezeSlave

Quote Originally Posted by Loom View Post
    Hi Thomas,

I would like to try V2 anyway. Since new nightly build are arriving quite often, chances of getting it to work eventually are high.

Out of curiosity: When you decide to run V2 from NAND, is it possible to use MySQL in SBS 7.60 ? I guess not, due to storage size problems, right?

SBS 7.6 scanning is not completely broken. If it hangs, you can just trigger a new scan, and after some tries it will usually start and complete the scan.
    Loom: Please try my Beta an have fun!!! Please give a report!

Yes MySQL (full blown) is possible on NAND too but it uses more space, yes. So I decided to use it with SQL-lite.
    2 x Squeezebox Duet,
    1 x Squeezebox Touch,
    iPeng,
    SqueezeSlave