Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 146 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146
Results 1,451 to 1,457 of 1457
    Quote Originally Posted by truehl View Post
    Hi Richman,
    could you please check: http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...Dockstar_Image
    Is that's the way you wanted me to change the wiki?

Greetings,
    Thomas
    Thomas
    Yes.

Musepack (mpc) support?

I picked up a dockstar and would love to install SqueezePlug on it, but before starting, I just wanted to verify that it would be able to handle playback of mpc (musepack) encoded files, which make up a good percentage of my music collection...

If the answer is no, I wonder if anyone could recommend the best transcoder to use to preserve the quality of my music (most of which is encoded at -xtreme)?

Thanks!

Crashing server

Quote Originally Posted by golddustpeak View Post
    I need a bit of help with a SheevaPlug based server.

I have been using this server for a year now and all seems well except that it will “crash” or “hang” on occasions. This has always been discovered by the inability to connect to the server. On every occasion resetting or power cycling the plug has solved the problem and it was never considered to be a big issue.

Recently I decided to use the server with my Boom to provide an alarm clock by playing my music files. Now I am discovering that the server is “crashing” far more often than occasionally, more like regularly, but not after every use just randomly.

Can someone help me get started with troubleshooting this issue by helping me sort out logging, what to log and what to set the options to?

My Plug is using Version: 7.5.2 - r31632

Now 7.5.3

Thanks in advance…
    The server appears to be crashing every 2 or 3 days now.

I’m not sure if I’ve captured the correct information but what follows is the log from a couple of crashes.

Can anyone look at this and help me???

Thanks……
    Squeezebox Duet, Squeezebox Boom, Transporter, Squeezebox Classic, Radio

Quote Originally Posted by golddustpeak View Post
    The server appears to be crashing every 2 or 3 days now.

I’m not sure if I’ve captured the correct information but what follows is the log from a couple of crashes.

Can anyone look at this and help me???

Thanks……
    Please take a look in my new thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=85285
    SqueezePlug & MAX2Play,
    2 x Squeezebox Duet,
    1 x Squeezebox Touch,
    1 x Onkyo TX-8050 DLNA ready receiver
    iPeng,

My Blog: Blog
    My Downloads: Downloads

Feel free to donate my SqueezePlug project: Donate, thanks a lot!

Thread closed!

Hi folks,
    please visit my new thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=85285

This thread is closed!

Greetings,
    Thomas
    SqueezePlug & MAX2Play,
    2 x Squeezebox Duet,
    1 x Squeezebox Touch,
    1 x Onkyo TX-8050 DLNA ready receiver
    iPeng,

My Blog: Blog
    My Downloads: Downloads

Feel free to donate my SqueezePlug project: Donate, thanks a lot!

Newbie help

Quote Originally Posted by kevinhy View Post
    10 minutes after I posted the above issue I came across another thread relating to clock sync issues between the server running the SS and the squeeze player itself. The symptoms were similar to my own problem (30s interval blackouts) so I was curious.

It details a section of code in a perl module that forms part of the squeeze server - a file called IR.pm located at

/usr/share/perl5/Slim/Hardware/IR.pm

The code beginning on line 123 runs a check on the timestamp of the commands that come from the squeezebox player and the current time in the SS itself. I removed this check and now there are no blackouts - ever! The performance is so much quicker than my old PC - in particular for rescanning the library.

I am wondering if there is a down side to removing this check tho - perhaps if commands get buffered in my router on the way to the server I might get some rouge commnads every now and again that would otherwise be ignored - but I would rather that then an unresponsive unit. Anyway - I'd like to hear your thoughts -

thanks,
    kevin
    I have the same problem, exactly how do I get in into the perlmodul to be abe to change it? Where do i find /usr/share/perl5/Slim/Hardware/IR.pm?

Many thanks

//

ANders

Sheevaplug Newbie with no Linux experience Question.

Moved to other area - apologies .
    Last edited by Wayne c; 2014-03-02 at 14:15.