Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guidof
    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by liffy99
    All sorted after a factory reset - thanks.
    What I didn't realise is that tt -s on the Touch interface shows 'Modification WLAN - Disabled' which actually means the WLAN is ON ! (The status refers to the intention of the modification, not the actual status of the parameter). A bit confusing but there now . . .
    Yes, it IS confusing.

Glad you were able to make it work.

Happy listening!

Guido F.
    Music Room:
    Marantz TT 15S1, Virtuoso Wood Cartridge>ART ADC>Vinyl Studio
    CISCO Router>DLink Bridge>Vortexbox Appliance/Squeezelite>SOtM Card>REGEN>Benchmark DAC2 D>Little Dot Mk 9 Preamp>DSPeaker Antimode Dual Core DRC/EQ/Preamp+CIA PS>Music Reference RM-200 Mk II amp> Martin Logan SL3 speakers
    REL T1 Sub
    Bedroom:
    Squeezebox Touch (analog out)>Little Dot Mk III amp>AKG K701 headphones
    Sony D100 amp>PSB alpha B1 speakers
    Treadmill:
    FiiO X3 Digital Music Player>AKG K550 headphones

Comment

• nyaskivor
      • Oct 2012

How to get rid of that WLAN?

Originally posted by Mnyb
      You can manually edit the startup scripts so that wlan never starts
      Hello,
      I have read this discussion and would love to switch off the WLAN.
      Don't know how to adjust the lines in the Logitech Media Server and where to do it. Only got my PC and no Linux and don't know about programming. Doesn't the Touch come with a tiny server built in?
      Really want a 'WLAN OFF'-button in the software. As in iPads and notebooks...
      If I could do that then I would buy 5 more units right away...and I know some people that would too.
      Peter
      Got SB3 + Boom with removed network cards. Really want to disable WLAN on my Touch too as I want to use it as a clock radio. Have only used The Duet/Controller once.

Comment

• Mnyb
        • Feb 2006

Sometimes you do things because you can , or for neatness . I used information aviable in old treads on this forum to do it ( there is a search function and I outlined the details a couple of weeks ago ) . my thought was to maybe that the CPU cycles could be better used to power theUI or some such , and for fun. If you want to learn some Linux this is a fun exercise .
        you have to enable remote acess on the Touch , then use SSH via a terminal on OSX and Linux a terminal is already aviable.
        windows user like putty for this

But there really is no valid rationale for doing it, it does not kill you or your children or do bad thing to soundqality .
        so enjoy the music instead if you find this mysterius .
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
        Bedroom/Office: Boom
        Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
        Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
        iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
        (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
        server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Comment

• nyaskivor
          • Oct 2012

Wanted: WLAN app for the 'tiny server'...

If someone built an (official/unofficial) update of the software. Updated with the function WLAN on/off. That would be so nice. Like an app in the server but in this case the tiny Touch server. I would definitely buy such an app even if it's open software...
          Got SB3 + Boom with removed network cards. Really want to disable WLAN on my Touch too as I want to use it as a clock radio. Have only used The Duet/Controller once.

Comment

• garym
            • May 2008

Originally posted by nyaskivor
            If someone built an (official/unofficial) update of the software. Updated with the function WLAN on/off. That would be so nice. .
            You can do this now with TT3.0. I have no idea why one would want to, but it is easy enough to do.
            Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
            Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
            Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
            The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB USB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
            Controllers: Material Skin, iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), or CONTROLLER
            Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• nyaskivor
              • Oct 2012

Maybe I dare...

TT3 sounds interesting. Looks a bit tricky to manage but I think I'll give it a try... And if something goes wrong, then one could always return to fabric/standard adjustments I suppose...?

Originally posted by garym
              You can do this now with TT3.0. I have no idea why one would want to, but it is easy enough to do.

Comment

Working...