Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Harmony One/SB Classic+Radio conflict

I have a SB Classic and a SB Radio which I've tried to control with my Harmony One remote. It works fine, except that when I try to control one of them, I conrol both (they are in the same room). I installed the Classic and Radio as two separate activities.

Any suggestions?

Tape over the IR sensor on one of them? Or use your hand to block the signal depending on which one you want to control. I did the blocking thing for a while, but it was a pain.

I ended up replacing the SB in my living room with a Receiver, which does not have IR. I can still control it via IR because I keep it synced with the Boom in the same room. Edit to add: "Other Players" plugin is used to turn on the Receiver from the Boom menus.

But now I have an iPod touch and usually just use iPeng.
    Last edited by MeSue; 2010-02-10 at 17:15.
    Sue
    "If you're happy and you know it turn the volume up and blow it out."

1 Touch | 2 Booms | 2 Radios | 1 Duet | 1 SB2
    HP Proliant N54G | Logitech Media Server 7.8 | iPhone & iPad w/ iPeng
    Find me on Last.FM | Twitter | Rhapsody
    My Journey to Musical Bliss | Squeezebox is Dead. Long Live Squeezebox.

There are two other options to consider...

SBS > Settings > Player > SB3 > Remote

1. Turn Off just the SB3/Classic's included IR remote (Slim-Devices-Remote), enable the JVC-DVD remote option, now control SB3 with with a JVC-DVD remote or a simple Universal IR remote with JVC-DVD codes.
    To my knowledge the Radio does not have JVC-DVD IR remote capabilities. My Radio does not respond to my JVC-DVD IR remote.

2. Turn Off ALL SB3/Classic IR remote access, but then you loose independent IR control of that player.
    This leaves SB3/Classic control left to:
    - SBS web UI
    - MySB.com web UI
    - controlled by Radio
    - Synced with Radio

Hopefully, some day, they will include IR control features (like turning OFF IR input) with the Radio for just this scenario.
    The Radio has a nice front face button setup so IR control is not necessary. Not so with the SB3/Classic.

Thanks!

I'll try out these solutions.

I agree; the easiest would be to just block the IR on the radio. I don't use it anyway.

I'll probably end up buying a Controller. That will solve the problem, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Eivindz View Post
    I'll try out these solutions.

I agree; the easiest would be to just block the IR on the radio. I don't use it anyway.

I'll probably end up buying a Controller. That will solve the problem, right?
    Yes. To get a feel for how the Controller would work try controlling the SB3 through the Radio (Radio *is* a Controller).
    Radio > Settings > Choose Player > SB3