Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

SqueezeBox can't connect to Mysqueezebox.com....MAC address prob

I have a SB v3, Radio, Boom and a recently purchased used SBox V2. When it arrived I hooked it up to my server and it played fine. However when I tried to select "My Apps" to play Pandora (that is an App on mysqueezebox.com) it said the player was registered in mysqeezebox.com to someone else and to ask them to unregister it. I then tried to connect the player to mysqueezebox.com. It asked for email/pwd and it connected, but then told me the MAC address needed to be reset. I emailed the person I purchased it from and asked him to remove it in his mysqueezebox.com and he responded and said he just did it. It still wouldn't work. I called tech support and he asked for the MAC and he got it working again. I think he just manually entered it in my mysqueezebox.com account. It worked for a while but then gave me "MAC address needs to be reset" problem again. I called back and while talking to him we found that the MAC on the outside of the player and the one that shows up on the screen is completely different. He claimed both were already registered to an email address. He went tried manually entering the MAC (not the one on the bottom of the player) in mysqueezebox.com and it worked for a few minutes, then it screwed up again. When he went back to try to do the same thing again, that MAC showed up as being registered to a different email address than it was just a few minutes before. Also, it was now registered to a Transporter instead of a SBox. Has anyone had this problem? He sent me up to level 2 tech support and I am still waiting on them to call.

SqueezeBox can't connect toMysqueezebox.com....MAC address prob

First thing you should do: set the player's MAC address to the value on the sticker. Don't try anything else. Then try to connect again.

I tried that once and it wouldn't save it. It just reverted back to the same MAC. Later I tried it one more time and it seemed to work ok and has been for 2-3 days. What causes the MAC address to change to 0:04:20:FF:FF:01?