Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverRS8 View Post
    Hi,

Haha there's no way to insult by donating below a certain level. For me its an sign of appreciation. If there was an insult to think of it would be to really love the program and not donate ;-)

I would love to help you out on getting ACC to work on your ReadyNAS but not having one myself makes it hard to figure out the problem. In v3.3 I coded 4 different connects to the remote server. This action is only performed when pressing the Test button in the remote Server options screen. It is not performed when clicking 'Create catalogs'. If their was a succesful connect when trying the Test button, that method will be used from that moment on. Have you tried v3.3 and pressed the test button?

Frank
    Yep, that's when I first get the error..

Maybe enough will donate you can get your own ReadyNAS (just for research purposes, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by fphredd View Post
    Yep, that's when I first get the error..

Maybe enough will donate you can get your own ReadyNAS (just for research purposes, of course).
    Small chance. With the current donations made I can by myself a couple of CD's.
    1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xDuet, 1xRadio, 1xiPhone iPeng, Ubuntu NAS + SBS

Fixed it and available as v3.3 RC3.
    Frank,

I'm afraid the error is still there...

1. I've installed your latest version.
    2. Started the script without changing any setting.
    3. I got a catalog starting from the set 'From Date' (a 'From date' was still set from a previous attempt).

Very good, but...

4. Changed the 'Header Background' setting on the main menu
    5. Started the script again (so only the background color was changed, nothing else)
    6. Script ran for 28 minutes and produced a full catalog.
    1xTouch, 2xSB3, 1xBoom, 1xRadio, a Ubuntu FileServer with LMS and lots of music.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDelta View Post
    Frank,

I'm afraid the error is still there...

1. I've installed your latest version.
    2. Started the script without changing any setting.
    3. I got a catalog starting from the set 'From Date' (a 'From date' was still set from a previous attempt).

Very good, but...

4. Changed the 'Header Background' setting on the main menu
    5. Started the script again (so only the background color was changed, nothing else)
    6. Script ran for 28 minutes and produced a full catalog.
    Hmmm you're right. The problem was actually solved when changing printer settings or remote server settings right after changing the From date. It was however not solved when changing settings in the main screen but it is now. Download RC3 again and give it a try. I'm sure it is solved now.

Hmmm you're right. The problem was actually solved when changing printer settings or remote server settings right after changing the From date. It was however not solved when changing settings in the main screen but it is now. Download RC3 again and give it a try. I'm sure it is solved now.
    Looks good!

No unexpected behaviour so far.

Good work!
    1xTouch, 2xSB3, 1xBoom, 1xRadio, a Ubuntu FileServer with LMS and lots of music.

Hey Frank,

Trying to donate even though I can't use this on my ReadyNAS (only one computer in the house will run it, but how many do I really need?). Anyway, as thanks (and a possible bribe for xls output) I'm trying to donate andwould really prefer to do it in English, but the paypal link is not in English, and that's the only language I semi-understand. Help?

thx

Hey Frank,

Trying to donate even though I can't use this on my ReadyNAS (only one computer in the house will run it, but how many do I really need?). Anyway, as thanks (and a possible bribe for xls output) I'm trying to donate andwould really prefer to do it in English, but the paypal link is not in English, and that's the only language I semi-understand. Help?

thx
    Hi fphredd,

Thx for the notice. It was supposed to be in english. Don't know why it has changed to dutch. It is now in english again.

I can't stand it that you have not succeeded in getting the ReadyNAS to accept remote connections so if you don't mind trying some things again?
    I found the following link about enabling remote access for MySQL:

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/how-do...se-server.html

The ACC help states that you only have to comment out the Bind-address line by placing a # in front of it. It seems you also have to do this for the line 'skip-networking'. Can you check this in the my.tt file as described in the ACC remote server option pages?

Since the ReadyNAS seems to have a non default SBS MySQL installation also look for the file /etc/my.cnf as indicated on the link above.

If you have modified the MySQL config file, restart the readynas en use the Test button from ACC to check if remote access is possible.
    If it doesn't work let me know and I'll see if we can try something else.

Frank

Hi fphredd,

Thx for the notice. It was supposed to be in english. Don't know why it has changed to dutch. It is now in english again.

I can't stand it that you have not succeeded in getting the ReadyNAS to accept remote connections so if you don't mind trying some things again?
    I found the following link about enabling remote access for MySQL:

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/how-do...se-server.html

The ACC help states that you only have to comment out the Bind-address line by placing a # in front of it. It seems you also have to do this for the line 'skip-networking'. Can you check this in the my.tt file as described in the ACC remote server option pages?

Since the ReadyNAS seems to have a non default SBS MySQL installation also look for the file /etc/my.cnf as indicated on the link above.

If you have modified the MySQL config file, restart the readynas en use the Test button from ACC to check if remote access is possible.
    If it doesn't work let me know and I'll see if we can try something else.

Frank
    Tried the above. The bind-address line was already in there. It showed an ip of 127.0.0.1 , which was preceded by

# Instead of skip-networking the default is now to listen only on
    # localhost which is more compatible and is not less secure.

I'm figuring that means that they wanted that ip, but tried changing it to the actual ip of the ReadyNAS <192.168.1.99> anyway; still no luck.

Happy to be a beta tester, but happier I have it working on one computer.

Keep the suggestions coming...

Tried the above. The bind-address line was already in there. It showed an ip of 127.0.0.1 , which was preceded by

# Instead of skip-networking the default is now to listen only on
    # localhost which is more compatible and is not less secure.

I'm figuring that means that they wanted that ip, but tried changing it to the actual ip of the ReadyNAS <192.168.1.99> anyway; still no luck.

Happy to be a beta tester, but happier I have it working on one computer.

Keep the suggestions coming...
    Can you:
    1. post the contents of your my.tt or my.cfg file
    2. Post the path where the file is located and the filename (my.tt or my.cfg)

Can you:
    1. post the contents of your my.tt or my.cfg file
    2. Post the path where the file is located and the filename (my.tt or my.cfg)
    /usr/share/squeezeboxserver/MySQL/my.tt

# $Id$
    #
    # Squeezebox Server specific MySQL Server config.

[mysqld]
    innodb
    skip-locking

# If you want to have user permissions - you need to setup a valid user, and
    # remove this line below.
    skip-grant-tables

basedir = [% basedir %]
    datadir = [% datadir %]
    tmpdir = [% datadir %]
    language = [% language %]
    port = [% port %]
    socket = [% socket %]
    pid-file = [% pidFile %]
    log-error = [% errorLog %]
    innodb_fast_shutdown = 1
    max_connections = 4
    thread_concurrency = 4
    log-warnings = 0
    # bind-address = [% bindAddress %]
    default-character-set = utf8
    default-collation = utf8_general_ci
    key_buffer = 2M
    max_allowed_packet = 1M
    table_cache = 64
    sort_buffer_size = 512K
    net_buffer_length = 8K
    read_buffer_size = 256K
    read_rnd_buffer_size = 512K

[client]
    socket = [% socket %]

I don't see a my.cfg - where should it be? The my.tt path matches that in the instructions you provide on your website.