Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
    Am running LMS 7.9.0 how do I get ACC to run w that so I can update ? Hopefully it's a simple fix

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dasmueller View Post
    Hopefully it's a simple fix
    Depends on what you would call simple.

The main challenge is to adapt the ACC program code to switch the database systems from MySQL (as used in old LMS versions) to SQLite (as used in the newer), because ACC V3.4 assumes that MySQL is used. Fortunately this is easy, because the ACC's executable is a ".hta" file which is basically an HTML file containing script code that will be interpreted by Internet Explorer.

Note that LMS' library.db file must be accessible from the local system (from where you are running ACC - I'll come to that below), the Remote Server options in the ACC dialog cannot be used!

The database change is quite simple but I added a feature that adds some more changes: there will be a new option for pattern matching in ACC's Optional Filters dialog page (some hints about wildcard characters are given in the help popup). But to make it easy, there's a patch file that allows applying my changes to your installation of ACC.

So assuming you have ACC V3.4 installed, the necessary steps are:

1. download and install sqliteodbc.exe (an SQLite ODBC Driver) from http://www.ch-werner.de/sqliteodbc/
    2. download and install the "Complete package, except sources" of the GnuWin32 diff utils from http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/diffutils.htm
    3. go to the ACC installation folder and create a copy of the file AlbumCatalogCreator-V3.4.hta as a backup
    4. save the attached file ACC-V3.4_diff.txt to the ACC installation folder
    5. open a command prompt window and enter
      Code:
      cd C:\path\to\the\ACC\files
      but adapt the path of course, then enter
      Code:
      C:\Utils\GnuWin32\bin\patch -b AlbumCatalogCreator-V3.4.hta ACC-V3.4_diff.txt
      but adapt the path of the patch utility to where you've installed it in step 2 (and you did create a backup in step 3, didn't you?)
    6. figure out the path of your LMS' cache folder (LMS WebUI->Settings->Information, scroll to the bottom). If LMS is running on the same system as ACC and the cache folder is "C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache" you can go directly to step 8, otherwise copy the file library.db from the LMS cache folder to some folder on the system where ACC is installed
    7. open the file AlbumCatalogCreator-V3.4.hta of the ACC installation folder in notepad (or notepad++ if you have it), search for the text C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache and replace it with the path to the folder that you just copied the library.db to and save the changes
    8. start ACC as usual (double-click the file AlbumCatalogCreator-V3.4.hta) and let it generate the catalogue

That should do the trick.

Thanks for the response !

I will need to see if I can work through this not being a whiz with these types of things. Any thoughts on reverting to an older form of LMS ? Might be simpler-just a thought.

I will need to see if I can work through this not being a whiz with these types of things. Any thoughts on reverting to an older form of LMS ? Might be simpler-just a thought.
    I wouldn't return to a LMS that is that old - don't know what was the last version using MySQL.
    I think the biggest challenge could be - only if you're running LMS on a different device - to copy the LMS library.db file to your PC. All other steps should be manageable for non tech-savvy people.

Edit: don't hesitate to ask for further help if you face some difficulties.
    Last edited by reinholdk; 2017-09-04 at 02:21.

Quote Originally Posted by reinholdk View Post
    Depends on what you would call simple.

The main challenge is to adapt the ACC program code to switch the database systems from MySQL (as used in old LMS versions) to SQLite (as used in the newer), because ACC V3.4 assumes that MySQL is used. Fortunately this is easy, because the ACC's executable is a ".hta" file which is basically an HTML file containing script code that will be interpreted by Internet Explorer.

Note that LMS' library.db file must be accessible from the local system (from where you are running ACC - I'll come to that below), the Remote Server options in the ACC dialog cannot be used!

The database change is quite simple but I added a feature that adds some more changes: there will be a new option for pattern matching in ACC's Optional Filters dialog page (some hints about wildcard characters are given in the help popup). But to make it easy, there's a patch file that allows applying my changes to your installation of ACC.

So assuming you have ACC V3.4 installed, the necessary steps are:

1. download and install sqliteodbc.exe (an SQLite ODBC Driver) from http://www.ch-werner.de/sqliteodbc/
    2. download and install the "Complete package, except sources" of the GnuWin32 diff utils from http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/diffutils.htm
    3. go to the ACC installation folder and create a copy of the file AlbumCatalogCreator-V3.4.hta as a backup
    4. save the attached file ACC-V3.4_diff.txt to the ACC installation folder
    5. open a command prompt window and enter
      Code:
      cd C:\path\to\the\ACC\files
      but adapt the path of course, then enter
      Code:
      C:\Utils\GnuWin32\bin\patch -b AlbumCatalogCreator-V3.4.hta ACC-V3.4_diff.txt
      but adapt the path of the patch utility to where you've installed it in step 2 (and you did create a backup in step 3, didn't you?)
    6. figure out the path of your LMS' cache folder (LMS WebUI->Settings->Information, scroll to the bottom). If LMS is running on the same system as ACC and the cache folder is "C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache" you can go directly to step 8, otherwise copy the file library.db from the LMS cache folder to some folder on the system where ACC is installed
    7. open the file AlbumCatalogCreator-V3.4.hta of the ACC installation folder in notepad (or notepad++ if you have it), search for the text C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache and replace it with the path to the folder that you just copied the library.db to and save the changes
    8. start ACC as usual (double-click the file AlbumCatalogCreator-V3.4.hta) and let it generate the catalogue

That should do the trick.
    As the original author I got a notification of a post in this thread. Wasn't expecting people still using ACC. Nice to read !
    1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xDuet, 3xRadio, Synology 412+ NAS, Devialet 120, Audio Physic Tempo 25 speakers

I assume by-

quote[cd C:\path\to\the\ACC\files
    but adapt the path of course, then enter]quote]

you mean the path to the music library itself ? Or, do you mean to the ACC folder ?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRS8 View Post
    As the original author I got a notification of a post in this thread. Wasn't expecting people still using ACC. Nice to read !
    Hope you don't mind my poor tries to explain how to resurrect ACC for the latest LMS versions.
    When I did those changes a few years back just for myself, I tried to contact you via the email given in the ACC but without success. As I didn't want to redistribute your work, I took the approach to explain how to modify it. Of course, all credit belongs to you for this nice program (it's fun even if I used it rarely in the past).

I assume by-

quote[cd C:\path\to\the\ACC\files
    but adapt the path of course, then enter]quote]

you mean the path to the music library itself ? Or, do you mean to the ACC folder ?
    The path to the ACC program folder.

I like that ACC can now be used with LMS 7.91. I gave up on ACC when LMS went over to SQLite, no longer have a copy of ACC anywhere and the files can no longer be downloaded - the website is dead.

Is there any way to get a copy of ACC 3.4 so that I can give it a try?

Bob
    1 x Touch
    1 x Radio
    1 x Boom
    1 x Intel-NUC server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Windows 10
    1 X Odroid-XU4 server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Ubuntu 16.04
    WaveIO USB into Lavry DA-10 DAC
    Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM NAC 72
    Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
    Behringer DEQ2496
    Linn Isobarik DMS

Quote Originally Posted by bobertuk View Post
    I like that ACC can now be used with LMS 7.91. I gave up on ACC when LMS went over to SQLite, no longer have a copy of ACC anywhere and the files can no longer be downloaded - the website is dead.

Is there any way to get a copy of ACC 3.4 so that I can give it a try?

Bob
    Unless Frank doesn't provide a new download site you can find it through the internet archive's wayback machine at https://web.archive.org/ by entering Frank's original download url given in the first post of this thread.