Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Cool Announce: Desktop Gadget for Windows

Hi there,

I'm the developer of the Google Gadget for the Squeezebox & Squeezecenter and I'm pleased to announce my new gadget!

This new gadget is for the "Windows Sidebar" in Windows Vista and Windows 7. I've used it myself for several months, and I'm finally happy enough to share it with the community. Features:
    - Standard controls; Play, Pause, Stop, Skip track forward/back
    - Volume
    - Skip to any point in the track (click on the time progress bar)
    - Switch player on/off
    - Play a random mix
    - Show details of the current playlist
    - Show large album artwork and further details on the playing track (POP-out side window)
    - Search directly from the gadget
    - Change shuffle & repeat modes
    - Tweet what is playing directly to Twitter
    - Look-up track on Last.fm
    - And more…

Please click this link for further details, information and to download the gadget

Please try it out and let know if you find any bugs or have any problems. I've tested the gadget with my various squeezeboxes and with Squeeze server v7.3 & 7.4
    Thank you!

Mods: This is not spam, if there is somewhere better for me to announce this, please let me know!
    Last edited by JoyrexJ9; 2010-01-22 at 03:59.

Didn't test it, but looks way cool !
    Typically one would post and announce in the 'http://forums.slimdevices.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4' forum - but I agree it's not really a 'plugin'.

Maybe this forum should be renamed to '3rd pary integration (plugins/applets/other stuff)'
    Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
    Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
    Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
    Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

Where do I enter my Squeezebox Server password?

In the Options for the gadget, I enter the name of the host on which my Squeezebox Server (SBS) is running and the port number. I notice there's nowhere to enter the user ID and password I have set on my SBS. No surprisngly, when I click the Connect & Refresh Players button, I get the message, "Connection to server 'nnnnnn' failed"

I also specified the IP address for my SBS. That didn't work either, though I didn't expect it to since nowhere have I been give the gadget my SBS credentials.
    Really, it was like that when I got here.

Quote Originally Posted by byKnight View Post
    In the Options for the gadget, I enter the name of the host on which my Squeezebox Server (SBS) is running and the port number. I notice there's nowhere to enter the user ID and password I have set on my SBS. No surprisngly, when I click the Connect & Refresh Players button, I get the message, "Connection to server 'nnnnnn' failed"

I also specified the IP address for my SBS. That didn't work either, though I didn't expect it to since nowhere have I been give the gadget my SBS credentials.
    I didn't test it with SBS with username & password authentication enabled.

I figured most people run it like me, on their home network without a user & password. But I could be wrong, if lots of people need this feature I'll add it.

I don't know that it's most or even a lot, but a significant number of people have it password protected. I have it set up this way to allow remote access when I'm travelling.
    Rich
    ---------
    Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch, iPeng on iPod Touch, SqueezeCommander, OrangeSqueeze, and SqueezePlayer on Xoom and Galaxy Player 4.2. CentOS 6.3 Server running LogitechMediaServer 7.7.2 and SqueezeSlave.
    Current library stats: 40,810 songs, 3,153 albums, 582 artists.
    http://www.last.fm/user/maggior

This looks really cool. Any chance of a Dashboard plugin for Mac OS X?
    (SB 2, SB Boom, SB Radio)

Very nice! Thanks. I had been using the other SqueezeGadget. This one has more options but the other one fits on my desktop better.

Any chance of supporting TrackStat Ratings?
    Sue
    "If you're happy and you know it turn the volume up and blow it out."

In Use: 1 Touch | 1 Booms | 6 Radios (Sold: 1 Boom | 1 Duet | 1 SB2)
    HP Proliant N54G | Logitech Media Server 7.9 | iPhone & iPad w/ iPeng
    Find me on Last.FM | Twitter | Rhapsody
    My Journey to Musical Bliss | Squeezebox is Dead. Long Live Squeezebox.

Thumbs up Very usefull gadget

Great work - this is the gadget I've been waiting for! Has lot's more functionality than the other SqueezeGadget - on the other side it got a little big...

+1 for trackstat functionality (rate a song)

-bc

First link in OP is broken, has extra http// (no colon). Should be:

http://www.bencoleman.co.uk/google-d...et-slimserver/

New version - username & password support

Hi,

Thanks for the positive comments & feedback.

Adding support for username & password secured Squeeze Server was rather easier than I thought.

So I've put a new version (v1.1) up on my site with this feature added, you can download it directly here
    http://files.bencoleman.co.uk/blog/S...troller.gadget

Let me know how you get on with it!