Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tcutting View Post
    If you click on the albums that show up multiple times, do the multiple albums contain the same tracks, or are the albums being split into pieces (tracks 1-3 on one, 4-7 on next, etc.?)
    Anything unique about these albums, such as "compilations" - do all the tracks have the same artist tags?
    I have this problem...
    Version: 7.4.1 - r28947

Some albums shows up twice or more times. Not same songs on the albums it┤s being split into several albums.
    There are no disc number info on some of them, all info is identical except title and track number , or artist,track number and title.

This is more or less random, and can be fixed only by cleaning cache and rebuilding library from scratch.

If i look in the database the only diff i could see was id and artwork, all the other album info was ok.

the songs has no embedded artwork, artwork is a file in folder called cover.jpg

Have you tried using MP3tag to check your tags, I found some differences when I checked some of mine?

Yes,
    tags look ok

Quote Originally Posted by looc View Post
    Yes,
    tags look ok
    I can pretty much guarantee they aren't... you need to remove any idv1 etc tags in MP3Tag and check extended tags.
    A full rescan is required after changing tags.
    You want to see the signal path BEFORE it gets onto a CD/vinyl...it ain't what you'd call minimal...
    Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
    Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
    Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.

It's almost always the tags. It's not easy at first but you finally figure out the little differences. It can also be the file name, the lack of a space between track # and track name can put a song or two in another album of the same name. At least it used to so you might check that. It shouldn't but it did in the past. Example "01 Let it Be" compared to "01Let it Be" I found this out the hard way with a lot of searching and eliminating everything else. All tags were fine. It should not have made it work that way but it did. But 99% of the time it's in the tags. But also when looking at the tags in MP3Tag do as Phil said and look at extended tags and get rid of all tags except ID3 ver3.2 and you can't go wrong.
    Last edited by Nonreality; 2010-01-30 at 02:45.
    If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use is the rule.

HTTP://www.last.fm/user/nonreality

Remove ID3 tags from FLAC files

Quote Originally Posted by Nonreality View Post
    It's almost always the tags. It's not easy at first but you finally figure out the little differences. It can also be the file name, the lack of a space between track # and track name can put a song or two in another album of the same name. At least it used to so you might check that. It shouldn't but it did in the past. Example "01 Let it Be" compared to "01Let it Be" I found this out the hard way with a lot of searching and eliminating everything else. All tags were fine. It should not have made it work that way but it did. But 99% of the time it's in the tags. But also when looking at the tags in MP3Tag do as Phil said and look at extended tags and get rid of all tags except ID3 ver3.2 and you can't go wrong.
    Yes, very old post here. But this was the only post I found with the issue.
    Anyway, I did find a solution for my duplicate album issue.

I deleted the ID3 tags.
    My FLAC files were encoded with both FLAC tags and ID3 tags (something I didn't know when I ripped them). I've since found/changed those settings to only use FLAC tags in my CD ripper.

Take a look at this wiki on how to easily fix the tags in your music files.
    Then rescan the music directory in Media Server.
    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Mp3tagGuide

What criteria does LMS use to separate tracks into albums (duplicate album issue)

I have the same problem with albums being duplicated in LMS, but in some cases I can't work out exactly what I need to do to correct the problem. For example, one of the albums that is duplicated in my library is divided into two separate sets of tracks. Both sets of tracks are in the same physical location, and have identical values for the artist and album name, but for some reason are listed as different albums in my library. Here's an example of the tags from two tracks which are listed as being on different albums:
    Name:  20171112 mp31.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  45.3 KB
    Name:  20171112 mp32.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  25.5 KB

I'm guessing that the reason they're treated as different albums is that they don't have exactly the same range of tags populated (and different values for TCON for example), but does anyone know exactly what the criteria are for LMS to regard two tracks as being in different albums? For example, if some of the tracks have a "Comment" tag will they be regarded as being in a different album to those that don't, even if all of the other tags are identical?

Also, does anyone know of a way of doing the following for LMS libraries:
    - Listing duplicate albums (i.e. albums which have the same artist and album name but which occur more than once in the LMS library)
    - Bulk removing tags from a large library (e.g. deleting all TPE2 tags from a library of 90,000 tracks)?
    Last edited by itm; 2017-11-12 at 03:33.

Quote Originally Posted by itm View Post
    I have the same problem with albums being duplicated in LMS, but in some cases I can't work out exactly what I need to do to correct the problem.

International Superhits <> International Superhits!

Doh! Bad example. I'd still like to know whether anyone has answers to the questions above though!

Quote Originally Posted by itm View Post
    Doh! Bad example. I'd still like to know whether anyone has answers to the questions above though!
    ?
    What questions? That Thread is long and already full of answers.
    Path and the Albumname in all tagversions must be the same that lms recons the single tracks as a unique Album.