Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Set different brightness when off and when on?

Hello,

I received mine 2days ago and I am really impressed with it.

What is the process to request a enhancement/tweak should the following one makes sense to more users?

I love the brightness to high when playing music to see the cover arts, etc. but when it is off, the brightness of the black clock is way too high for a bedside table. Could there be a way to set the brightness to let's say 30% when the SB radio is off and to 95% when the SB is on???

Please do not hesitate to let me know what you think.

Thanks
    Ludo

Quote Originally Posted by Coume View Post
    What is the process to request a enhancement/tweak should the following one makes sense to more users?
    Register it at http://bugs.slimdevices.com. Do a search first to make sure it hasn't already been registered.

Quote Originally Posted by Coume View Post
    I love the brightness to high when playing music to see the cover arts, etc. but when it is off, the brightness of the black clock is way too high for a bedside table. Could there be a way to set the brightness to let's say 30% when the SB radio is off and to 95% when the SB is on???

Please do not hesitate to let me know what you think.
    I like the idea, the old players (at least Classic) works like this already but for some reason there is only a single brightness setting for the new devices. I'm guessing a reason might be that the new devices have automatic brightness control that depends on the light in the room, but I don't think this will solve your problem.
    Erland Isaksson (My homepage)
    (Developer of many plugins/applets (both free and commercial).
    If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third party plugin/applet development, consider purchasing some plugins)

Interested in the future of music streaming ? ickStream - A world of music at your fingertips.

Ok I just filed a bug, anyone who believe this a missing feature, please vote for it.

https://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=15416

Thanks
    Ludo

FYI - I filed the bug 15416 ( I can't post URLs).

Thanks
    Ludo