Installing Squeezebox Server on FreeNAS is easy following these few steps:
1. Set up FreeNAS on your box. There's good documentation available in different languages.
2. Download Squeezebox Server from the Logitech web site in the "Perl Source Code" flavour. If you're downloading a nightly build, then take the bulky "Unix Tarball" or the smaller "FreeBSD" build.
3. Get the latest SlimNAS distribution.
4. Get the SlimNAS installation script.
5. Create a share ("Mount Point") following the FreeNAS instructions, make it available through the protocol of your choice (CIFS/SMB for Windows).
6. Open the above share, create a sub folder "slimnas" and copy all three files in there.
7. Make sure the SlimNAS file is called slimnas.tgz (rename it if needed)
8. Go to the FreeNAS administration web page.
9. Open "Advanced/Command"
10. Execute "/bin/sh /mnt/YourShareHere/slimnas/slimnas-install.sh" - this will take a few seconds (or minutes...)
When I run the command line I see the box with "$ /bin/sh /mnt/data/slimnas/slimnas-install.sh" but nothing else happens any Ideas?
Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: I cant get past number 10
2010-01-02, 16:00 #1
Installation HELP! I cant get past Step 10
Last edited by Pluganator; 2010-01-02 at 20:19.
2010-01-04, 00:31 #2
I cant get past number 10
Please check the files' extensions. If you downloaded them using Internet Explorer, then the latter very likely changed the extensions, breaking things.
2010-01-04, 06:39 #3
I was reading other post and have already checked that and I use firefox.
Here is a screen shot of what I have in the slimnas folder I was trying everything to get it to load.
Last edited by Pluganator; 2010-01-04 at 07:14.
2010-01-06, 07:09 #4
No sure what I did but it worked and Its up and running.Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life. ~Ludwig van Beethoven