Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Huit View Post
    What I really want is being able to create a random mix from my favourite tracks.
    Then, like snarlydwarf said, what you really need are Erland's plugins.

Quote Originally Posted by Huit View Post
    Is this plug in something else then the allready available Random Mix option? Because with that I can't generate a random mix from favourite tracks or a playlist. Generating a random mix from favourite tracks is actually what I want.
    Yes, it can make a random list based on Genre, so if you tag things specially it will do it.

But in general, Erland's plugins are the bees knees: here at work I'm listening to a playlist that specifically excludes tags with 'Explicit' or 'Christmas' or a couple other genres I dont want here...

I also have a 'Favorites' list which is made up of things with ratings at 4 or more stars, so things I have flagged will play in that.

I hate making playlists. Too much thinking. MUCH easier to let the computer do the work and create them on the fly.

Thanks for the help guys! I'll give Erland's plugins a try.

Did a search and this came up. Sorry if this has been addressed somewhere else.

I think this is the only featur I have been missing over the years. A shuffle button next to the Play button.

Name:  button.png
Views: 30
Size:  11.5 KB

In this case it's a Spotty playlist saved as a favorit.

Another example, a shuffle button to play all songs by artist in a random order.

Name:  button.png
Views: 29
Size:  24.6 KB

The problem for me is that I keep forgetting to turn Random mix of then playing an album.
    SB Touch to Yamaha A-S501, Boston Acoustics A26.
    SB 3 to Audio Pro T3.
    AirPlay Bridge to Audio Pro C5.
    SB BOOM
    SB Radio
    ReadyNAS 202
    iPeng