Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    In post #16 I said I'd do it but I'm waiting for all BBC7 to go away otherwise I'd have to do 2 updates. Also BBC have not documented the 4 EXtra feeds (they aren't even on BBC own RSS pages http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/feeds ) so I'll have to do trial and error to find the right coding which means I don't know how long it might take.
    I can't believe I missed your earlier post, apologies.
    Thanks for the update - I'll be patient
    LMS Version: 7.9
    TranquilPC T2-WHS-A3 - WHS 2011
    2x Touch, 3x SB3

BBCiPlayer Extra v1.2 with Radio 4 Extra support

I've updated the BBCiPlayerExtra plugin to v1.2

* Adds support for Radio 4 Extra and drops BBC7
    * Add "Last Week" to schedule menu
    * Fix Radio 1 Schedule menu by using "England" variant.

The Radio 1 schedule now has regional variations. If a user wishes to use another region - edit the default.opml file and change "england" in the Radio 1 schdule opml entry to "scotland", "wales" or "northerireland" as appropriate and then restart SBS.

edit the default.opml file and change "england" in the Radio 1 schdule opml entry to "scotland", "wales" or "northerireland" as appropriate and then restart SBS.
    Possibly "northernireland"?
    1xRadio, 2xReceiver, 2xController, 1xSB3, 2xSqueezeSlave, SBS 7.5.3
    Inventor of SqueezeIR applet for the Controller

I've updated the BBCiPlayerExtra plugin to v1.2

* Adds support for Radio 4 Extra and drops BBC7
    * Add "Last Week" to schedule menu
    * Fix Radio 1 Schedule menu by using "England" variant.

The Radio 1 schedule now has regional variations. If a user wishes to use another region - edit the default.opml file and change "england" in the Radio 1 schdule opml entry to "scotland", "wales" or "northerireland" as appropriate and then restart SBS.
    Will the new version be available via the normal 'Plugins' route?
    LMS Version: 7.9
    TranquilPC T2-WHS-A3 - WHS 2011
    2x Touch, 3x SB3

It should be updated through Plugins tabs.

I've updated all the file I usually update including the repository xml. Users used to have to have added it in the Plugins page but I think SBS regularly read the the XML files that were listed on the resository Wiki page and produce the consolidated 3rd party plugin list. My guess is SBS hasn't re-read my XML file.

It should be updated through Plugins tabs.

I've updated all the file I usually update including the repository xml. Users used to have to have added it in the Plugins page but I think SBS regularly read the the XML files that were listed on the resository Wiki page and produce the consolidated 3rd party plugin list. My guess is SBS hasn't re-read my XML file.
    Afraid the main repo is updated by a manual process supported by me and Erland - I've just updated so this update should in the next few minutes.

Some user have asked for support for the BBC Achives "In Our Time" and "Desert Island Disks".

Attached is a zip file which is a quick first attempt at support. Feedback is welcome.

To install, download into a temp area, unzip and copy the two files into the "InstalledPlugins/Plugins/BBCiPlayerExtra" directory and then restart SBS.

After restart there should be a new menu "Archives" at the end of the BBCiPlayerExtra menus. For each Archive - there are two submenu for the programs sorted by year and by first letter of title. The "by Title" sort has problem with "Desert Island Disks" as title will be sorted by first name or title so under "D" will be "David Tennant", "Dame Norma Major" and "Dr. Jonathan Miller".

There are some programs which are only available in RealAudio format and this is not currently handled by BBCiPlayer plugin so they will not be played (e.g. In our Time - Baconian Science).

Processing the XML files archive takes significant CPU time so when you access the menu - there may be a delay typically at least 10 secs before menus appear and a possible interruption to audio being played.

BTW - I've included the Womens Hour Archive just for completeness.

There are more suitable "archives" than just "Desert Island disc" and "In our Time".

Any program which has episodes available to iPlayer can be be added to the BBCiPlayerExtra opml file. Most programs have 6 or less episodes and these are available using the BBCiPlayer plugin.

Doing a quick look I found the following examples with more than 6 episodes
    - A History of the World in 100 Objects
    - Any Questions
    - Analysis
    - Costing the Earth
    - Material World
    - Nature
    - Open Book
    - Saving Species
    - Radio 3's World Routes

I'm sure there are more.

Hi bpa.

Would love to get this working but, despite your instructions, I have struggled.

My server is an O2 Joggler and I'm no ubuntu expert. I downloaded the zip and the files are now in \var\lib\squeezeboxserver\cache\InstalledPlugins\P lugins\BBCiPlayerExtra - slightly different ot where your instructions said, but this is where all the other pm files were and it's the plugins directory listed first in Server/Settings on the web interface.

Have restarted the server, but the Iplayerextra menu item still has ten items in it, from "Radio Highlights" to "Local Radio Schedules".
    I'd love to add the Desert Island discs and Histroy of the World archives, if possible.

Any ideas where I should start looking? I did check the permissions of the files and they seemed all the same (I wondered if I'd made the two new files read only) with squeezeboxserver as the owner.

Puzzled,

M.

Quote Originally Posted by InTheBath View Post
    Have restarted the server, but the Iplayerextra menu item still has ten items in it, from "Radio Highlights" to "Local Radio Schedules".
    One of the files you copied is the menu definition and so it replaces the old menu. Since you are still seeing the old menu - then either
    * If you are using browser UI - the browser may be caching the menu.
    or
    * the copy has failed and the new files are not in the directory. To check look at the file size of default.opml
    or
    * you have not really restarted SBS.
    or
    * some other reason.

Alternatively, since there has been no negative feedback, if you can wait a few days I hope to put up an updated version of the plugin which can be installed using the SBS Plugins install.