Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    One thing I have noticed is that metadata will continue to be fetched even when a player has been stopped, and is now off.

Anything to be concerned about?

I expect the answer is no, but thought I'd best check.....
    LMS Version: 7.9
    TranquilPC T2-WHS-A3 - WHS 2011
    2x Touch, 3x SB3

The metadata will be fetched as long as the URL is in the playlist - stopping a player and even turning it off may not clear the playlist.

You can check by going onto WebUI - select the turned off player and then click the "Clear" button (it is "X" bottom right). The metadata fetch should stop. With "Now & next" there will be one outstanding Timer set for the next program. After this timer is executed and it finds nothing playing, there should be no more metadata activity.

Very good. Is there any plan to merge these to iPlayer plugins into one plugin?
    Cheers, auto.

Lounge: Squeezebox 3, Squeezebox Controller, Cambridge Audio 640A, Mission 701's Kitchen: Squeezebox Touch, Trends TA-10.1, Kef Cresta 1's. Bedroom: Squeezebox Boom Bathroom/Garden: Squeezebox Radio Car: iPod Classic 80GB Portable: iPhone 3GS 32Gb (+iPeng)

No. The source of program information is different and so if the two plugins were tied together - a change in either source would require a plugin update, retest and reload - I think this would be unnecessary additional load for developers and users.

bpa - is there need to update this for Radio 4Extra?

By the way, I greatly appreciated BBCiPlayerExtra during the recent outage of the XML look-up, when your RSS look-up continued to work splendidly.
    Last edited by majones; 2011-04-04 at 06:43.

probably for the station specific menu such as schedule but other such as category will be unaffected.

I won't do anything for 1 week to allow for BBC 7 to be cleared out and 4 Extra to have a weeks programming.

AFAICT BBC haven't updated their documentation so I need to do some guess work about new URLs.

PS - I notice BBC Radio 1 schedule doesn't work so I am not sure if this mean this API is starting to break down as well.

Thanks. Radio 1 doesn't have any entries for me either, and not surprisingly neither does BBC7.

It really is a benefit having both BBCiPlayer and BBCiPlayerExtra. For example, the Tuesday edition of the new Archers spin-off (Ambridge Extra) is missing from the BBCiPlayer listing, but is present in your BBCiPlayerExtra listing (albeit under Radio Highlights because you haven't yet enabled the Radio 4extra Radio Schedule listing).

Quote Originally Posted by majones View Post
    but is present in your BBCiPlayerExtra listing (albeit under Radio Highlights because you haven't yet enabled the Radio 4extra Radio Schedule listing).
    It also appears under "Listen Again A", "most Popular - Drama" and under "Categories All Stations - Drama" so I think all 4Extra programs are available via the alternative headings which was the main reason for iPlayer Extra.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    It also appears under "Listen Again A", "most Popular - Drama" and under "Categories All Stations - Drama" so I think all 4Extra programs are available via the alternative headings which was the main reason for iPlayer Extra.
    Could you add the 'National Radio Schedules' for 4Extra, or is it from the BBC end?
    LMS Version: 7.9
    TranquilPC T2-WHS-A3 - WHS 2011
    2x Touch, 3x SB3

Quote Originally Posted by bonze View Post
    Could you add the 'National Radio Schedules' for 4Extra, or is it from the BBC end?
    In post #16 I said I'd do it but I'm waiting for all BBC7 to go away otherwise I'd have to do 2 updates. Also BBC have not documented the 4 EXtra feeds (they aren't even on BBC own RSS pages http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/feeds ) so I'll have to do trial and error to find the right coding which means I don't know how long it might take.