Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Changing mysqueezebox.com account on the squeezebox

Hello,

I just bought second-hand a Squeezebox3 (firmware 130), which connects to
    mysqueezebox.com using its previous owner's account (I can see his email in the mysqueezebox.com Information menu)

I would like to connect it instead to my own, newly created mysqueezebox.com account, but for the life of me, I cannot seem to find a way to log out and back in with different credentials.

I have performed a factory reset a few times, but the previous owner's email is still there.

In the Squeezebox Server settings (accessed through the browser's interface), under the mysqueezebox.com tab, I have inserted my own email & password, then did another factory reset on the squeezebox, connected it to the local server, back to mysqueezebox.com, and so on and so forth. I just cannot get my own email to show in the mysqueezebox.com settings in the squeezebox itself.

The Owner's Guide appears to be outdated (even the one that can be currently downloaded from from logitech's website). In it, there is a mention of a PIN needed to register the unit on the SqueezeNetwork and how to retrieve it if needed, but the menu option is simply not there, and I'm not even sure whether this is still relevant.

I have spent hours googling in search of clues (by the way, has anyone noticed that the official support email form link at the mysqueezebox.com site does not link anywhere at all?!)

Can anyone please help out?

Thanks a lot in advance
    Giuseppe

The previous owner must unregister it in his account first .

If you ca not get to the previous owner you could email support they would help you, just note players Mac adress they will need that.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Cool How it works

Please stop looking for a device PIN code, this is not used anymore for connecting to mysqueezebox.com.
    Since the device is registered with his MAC address to the previous user email account on MySB.com , there are two ways to "connect" this to your own email account on MySB.com :

a. contact the previous owner and ask him to un-register the device
    b. contact support with the online form and request to release the device on MySB.com ( therefore provide also the MAC address )

Hope this clarifies it a bit.
    Good luck.
    Keep an eye on this forum - it really works.

I have this issue and need to un-register or log out a second hand SB Boom that is still associated with a previous owner's account.

Unfortunately the Mysqueezebox.com contact us link redirects to a 404 on the logitech site.

How else can I unregister the device so I can use it on my own squeezebox account?
    Thanks

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by meza01 View Post
    I have this issue and need to un-register or log out a second hand SB Boom that is still associated with a previous owner's account.

Unfortunately the Mysqueezebox.com contact us link redirects to a 404 on the logitech site.

How else can I unregister the device so I can use it on my own squeezebox account?
    Thanks

I'm in the UK and recently had to do the same for a BOOM, I just phoned them

http://support.logitech.com/en_gb/contact

If you are in a different country, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the "change country" flag in the bottom left hand corner

atb

Ronnie

Thanks Ronnie, will know that for next time.

With this one I tried emailing the account holder and within minutes they'd kindly unregistered it from their account.

The strange bit is they said they'd never owned a Boom!

Quote Originally Posted by meza01 View Post
    Thanks Ronnie, will know that for next time.

With this one I tried emailing the account holder and within minutes they'd kindly unregistered it from their account.

The strange bit is they said they'd never owned a Boom!

Must have belonged to the Maid or the Butler!! lol.

On the used Touch and Radio that I've bought when I did the option of resetting to factory defaults they both came up and said that they were registered to another email address and asked if I wanted to change it at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by ta240 View Post
    On the used Touch and Radio that I've bought when I did the option of resetting to factory defaults they both came up and said that they were registered to another email address and asked if I wanted to change it at that point.
    The "new" players do that the old ones like SB3 requires intervention by previus owner or support
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html