I just updated the Squeezebox Server to Version 7.4. After turning on the controller of my Duet for a little while, it prompted me to update the firmware of it to 7.4 as well. So I did. After downloading the whole firmware, it just keeps on rebooting, i.e. "Logitech" > "Free your music"> "Logitech" > "Free your music" > "Logitech" > "Free your music"....
I searched the forums and find that I can downgrade to earlier version by pushing volume up on start-up. It did boot like the earlier version (old startup screen) and seems connected to the server. However, it immediately prompts for upgrading the firmware again and I can't get out of that screen without going through the upgrade. And when it did, history repeats itself again.
What can I do to make my controller work again?
Results 1 to 4 of 4
2009-11-10, 18:35 #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2009
Urgent - Controller keeps rebooting after 7.4 ugrade
2009-11-11, 08:42 #2
- Join Date
- Oct 2005
I haven't run into that problem but you might try removing the battery from the controller and disconnecting the power from the receiver for about 30 minutes. Then go through the setup process and see if things look better.
2009-11-11, 09:02 #3
Reboot your Server
before doing that, try something a bit less drastic
reboot the system your SBS is running on. Power down your Controller, press and hold the 'home' button till it shuts down.
then shut down your system, wait a few seconds and power it back up. After your system has restarted, is stable and SBS is running, power up your Controller again.
If the same thing happens, then do a Factory Reset on just the controller. Remove the battery, press and hold the "+" key, insert the battery. As soon as you see 'factory reset' appear, you can let go of the "+" key.
Hopefully that should solve the issue for you.James R.
QA - breaking things so you don't have to
2009-11-11, 18:48 #4
- Join Date
- Feb 2009
Here is what I finally did...
Really wanting to put the thing back into service, I tried the following (before eventually reading your replies):
1. Restart both ends. That didn't work.
2. Installed Squeezecenter 7.3.x (can't remember exact version) without uninstalling the Squeeze Server (didn't want to lose all settings). The program comes up okay, but the controller still doesn't work.
3. Tried the power up and "+" drill. The controller powers up with the new 7.4 interface, but needs to go through whole set-up process. Seems to work (i.e. connected)
4. Needs to go through process to make the controller read unicode. The 7.4 firmware needs new batch to run unicode.
5. Something seems wrong when I restarted the computer end. Squeezecenter somehow takes forever to load. Guessing that it might be the two server software running into each other, I ultimately also ran msconfig to stop Squeezecenter from running on startup and let Squeeze Server run instead.
6. Needs to go through the whole scanning and setting processes with the Squeeze Server (all previous settings seem lost)
7. Now everything seems to run ok and the new controller interface does look nice.
8. I might be hallucinating after dealing with these geeky stuff too much, but somehow the Squeezebox (with a Cambridge DacMagic DAC) seems to sound a little different from before, and for the better, too.
Finally, thank you all for replying and the best of luck to those who run into similar problems as mine.