X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • callesoroe
    • Jan 2009

7.4.1 on ReadyNas. This works. Wiki wrong

Hi

I am one of them who hade great problems with the upgrade. Tried the new official 7.4.1 and follwed the Wiki instructions. That do not work...

Mark Wollschlager has made these instructions in anohter thread. This works. Ít's a little clumsy but it WORKS. Thats the most important:

The short list of steps is:
    1. run CleanSqueezeCenter- plugin- reboot when prompted
    2. uninstall Squeezecenter from the Frontview streaming services page- reboot
    3. run CleanSqueezeCenter- again reboot. There will be an error displayed after it boots ( in Frontview) about unable to drop database, ignore it.
    4. install the new 7.4.1 squeezebox server - reboot
    5. run CleanSqueezeCenter- reboot
    6. after it reboots open the squeeze center page http://(ip address of NV+):9000 and answer the setup questions.
    If you have music files on the NV+ and you pointed to them in the setup questions,
    Squeeze center will start rebuilding the index after you click finish. After a while you should have everything going.

Thank you Mark

First impressions. Like the new design. Controller much faster.. .
    Not so good: Drop outs when using controller as player... both with playing FLAC files from my library and internet radio.
    Cover gets cropped in the "now playing" window ...
    Callesoroe
    Living room: Transporter, Preamp Gato PRD-3S NPM, Martin Logan Vista speakers, Power-AMP Gato DPA-4004 (biamp setup).
    Kitchen: Transporter - Prodipe Pro 5 active bi-amp speakers. Bedroom: Receiver+UE boombox, Kids: Receiver+Active speakers, Summerhouse: Touch - Bencmark DAC1, JBL LSR305 active speakers , TIDAL HIFI flac streaming.
    http://www.last.fm/user/callesoroe
  • hayrom
    • Dec 2008

7.4.1 on ReadyNas. This works. Wiki wrong

I'm planning my move to 7.4.1 carefully, as I do not want to endanger trust in my users company (my family). One accidential fault and I'll have all the CD boxes back in the living room ;-(
    Is there any chance to preserve my settings like sort orders, interpreting which tags, ignoring which phrases in titles, etc.
    Is there some 'Export settings' and 'Import Settings' option available?

Comment

• volpone
      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by hayrom
      I'm planning my move to 7.4.1 carefully, as I do not want to endanger trust in my users company (my family). One accidential fault and I'll have all the CD boxes back in the living room ;-(
      Is there any chance to preserve my settings like sort orders, interpreting which tags, ignoring which phrases in titles, etc.
      I'm exactly in the same situation and with the same question than Hayrom.
      Any migration procedure to complete the "Clean Install" ?
      SqueezeBoxServer 7.9 / ReadyNas Pro (x86) | SBTouch - SB3 - Duet - Boom - Ipeng
      SBTouch => Rega DAC => Rega Brio R amp => Harbeth SLH5 speakers
      see details & photos here, 4 slides

Comment

• malcolm4
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by hayrom
        I'm planning my move to 7.4.1 carefully, as I do not want to endanger trust in my users company (my family). One accidental fault and I'll have all the CD boxes back in the living room ;-(
        I need the same information. How can I save my Squeezebox Server settings (e.g. podcasts, RSS feeds, customized menus on each of our 3 squeezeboxen) before moving my SBS from my computer onto my new ReadyNAS?

Comment

• druide43
          • Dec 2008

upgrade to 7.4.2 works also

I just did an upgrade from 7.4.1 to 7.4.2 with the procedure described by callesoroe. It works!
          The CleanSqueezeCenter_DB plugin you can find on this page: http://www.readynas.com/?page_id=617

After the upgrade, squeezeboxserver starts automatically with a full db scan, this can take a few hours. My best experience is to wait about 1 hour before connecting to the webbrowser interface. During the db scans continues, not all artists, albums etc. are listed.

How to preserve your settings? Most of them you can save, just copy the two files server.prefs and favorites.opml in directory /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs on the ReadyNas to a location like /backup/prefs. After the upgrade has finished, stop squeezeboxserver and copy the two files back to its original place.

Comment

Working...