Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ViezeFreddy
    • Oct 2009

Radio and SqueezeCenter 7.3.3?

A small question, which should be easy enough to answer, but the Logitech helpdesk could not get me any further.

I own a SB classic and a ReadyNas Duo, and this combination works fine for me, in fact i love it. I read some posts that it can be sluggish sometimes, but I never noticed that (maybe because i only browse with the Music Folder).

Everything runs with version 7.3.3. I would like to get a SB Radio, but read on the site that it runs with version 7.4. My, simple, question is: Does the SB radio work with version 7.3.3 as well? I understand that some new features will not work. I only play music from my home network (never stream from the internet).

O, i do not want the hassle of upgrading to 7.4 on the readynas again. Did that ones and promised myself, and my loved ones, that i would never go through that again.
  • ViezeFreddy
    • Oct 2009

forget this thread

Sorry guys,

I saw a similar post. It appears that the Radio will only work properly with version 7.4. So unfortunately no SB Radio for me then.

Comment

• bluegaspode
      • Jul 2009

Did your read the right thread, like this one: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69408 ?

If you only listen to local music, radio should work with your 7.3.3 setup.
      Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
      Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
      Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
      Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

Comment

• andyg
        Former Squeezebox Guy
        • Jan 2006

7.4.1 will be out today with many fixes for ReadyNAS.

Comment

• Phil Leigh
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by ViezeFreddy
          A small question, which should be easy enough to answer, but the Logitech helpdesk could not get me any further.

I own a SB classic and a ReadyNas Duo, and this combination works fine for me, in fact i love it. I read some posts that it can be sluggish sometimes, but I never noticed that (maybe because i only browse with the Music Folder).

Everything runs with version 7.3.3. I would like to get a SB Radio, but read on the site that it runs with version 7.4. My, simple, question is: Does the SB radio work with version 7.3.3 as well? I understand that some new features will not work. I only play music from my home network (never stream from the internet).

O, i do not want the hassle of upgrading to 7.4 on the readynas again. Did that ones and promised myself, and my loved ones, that i would never go through that again.
          I'm sorry, but that is just silly. You can't expect to stay on back versions of software for ever...
          You want to see the signal path BEFORE it gets onto a CD/vinyl...it ain't what you'd call minimal...
          Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
          Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
          Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.

Comment

Working...