Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

PowerCenter Amp Not Switching

Hi,

I have recently updated to 7.4 from 7.3, and use PowerCenter to switch on the amplifiers associated with my (3) squeezeboxes. However, since upgrading from 7.3 to 7.4, and reinstalling the plugin, switching of the amps doesn't take place despite setting up the appropriate X10 addresses. (Everything used to work just fine)

I have tested switching other things via the menu, and this appears to work, suggesting that the path etc is correct.

Is there a log I can check somewhere to see what is happening - server.log doesn't seem to show anything?

It doesn't look as though the X10 commands to switch the amps are taking place as a "heyu monitor" running on the server doesn't show anything up.

Thanks for any help that anyone can give me.

Jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by jprady View Post
    I have tested switching other things via the menu, and this appears to work, suggesting that the path etc is correct.

Is there a log I can check somewhere to see what is happening - server.log doesn't seem to show anything?
    First, double-check your X10 codes on the player settings pages; PowerCenter is very picky about things like whitespace. Set a player for "M1" and it should work; use "M1 " and it won't.

PowerCenter did recently change the APIs it uses to handle on/of switching, but I haven't had any problems on my 7.3.x production system or my 7.4.1 test system. I'm only using bottlerocket on my system, but that should not be a material difference. And in any case I would not expect problems powering an amp on (PowerCenter is now more careful about powering an amp off, to handle multizone amp setups).

You can use the server's Logging settings to log PowerCenter at Debug level to get more information. I'm not hopeful about logging helping; there aren't many logging statements in the on/off handling of 2.2.0.

What sort of player(s) are you using?
    http://www.tux.org/~peterw/
    Note: The best way to reach me is email or PM, as I don't spend time on the forums.
    Free plugins: AllQuiet Auto Dim/AutoDisplay BlankSaver ContextMenu DenonSerial
    FuzzyTime KidsPlay KitchenTimer PlayLog PowerCenter/BottleRocket SaverSwitcher
    SettingsManager SleepFade StatusFirst SyncOptions VolumeLock

FIXED Amp Switching

Thanks for your response.

It was down to the fact that I hadn't put in a serial port device for the X10 controller I found this out by looking at the old PowerCenter.prefs file and saw that it was missing.

I can't explain why when I tested out the manual switching it worked the first time. I think it might be to do with the fact that the thing I was switching was actually operated by a script kicked off by heyu to then operate a DomiaLite device via a perl script.

Jamie.