Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 113 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113
Results 1,121 to 1,126 of 1126

LMS 7.9 not running on QNAP TS-419P

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble getting this to run on my QNAP NAS. I've installed SSOTS 4.14 and it is running. I've modified the routines.sh file and the shipped-binaries file. Also the LMS installs without issues.

But when I try to start it I get the CPAN errors:

Code:
    3. Run the .tar.gz version of Logitech Media Server which includes all required CPAN modules.
    0236: 2. Update the module's package using apt-get, yum, etc.
    0235: 1. Install the latest version of the module(s) using CPAN: sudo cpan Some::Module
    0234: To fix this problem you have several options:
    0233: 
    0232:   XML::Parser (loaded 2.36, need 2.41)
    0231:   Sub::Name (loaded 0.04, need 0.05)
    0230:   Image::Scale (loaded 0.06, need 0.08)
    0229:   HTML::Parser (loaded 3.62, need 3.68)
    0228:   HTML::Entities (loaded 3.60, need 3.68)
    0227:   Audio::Scan (loaded 0.90, need 0.93)
    0226: The following CPAN modules were found but cannot work with Logitech Media Server:
    0225: Bareword found in conditional at /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/SSOTS/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/CPAN/AnyEvent/constants.pl line 37.
    I once was able to don't have this error message, but then instead it showed me:
    Can't load '/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/SSOTS/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/CPAN/arch/5.10/arm-linux-gnueabi-thread-multi/auto/Image/Scale/Scale.so' for module Image::Scale: /opt/ssods4/lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found

So the last thing I tried was running the LMS 7.7.2 incl. the SSOTS, which was installing and was then up and running, but my Squeezebox Touch was not able to download the update file.

It would be great if someone could point me into the right direction here. Or maybe LMS 7.9 will not run at all on my NAS anymore? I don't know
    Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks.
    Best regards
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Drauka View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble getting this to run on my QNAP NAS. I've installed SSOTS 4.14 and it is running. I've modified the routines.sh file and the shipped-binaries file. Also the LMS installs without issues.

Many thanks.
    Best regards
    Alex
    "Two out of three, ain't bad"

Look at the atatchment in post #1118.

Also you are better to download the update file to the "Public" share on the NAS and change its name.

Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    "Two out of three, ain't bad"

Look at the atatchment in post #1118.

Also you are better to download the update file to the "Public" share on the NAS and change its name.

Ronnie
    Two out of three? Ah, because of the naming of the file? I renamed the files to squeezeboxserver-[...].tgz and yes I copied them to /share/Public/ already.
    That's not the issue, the installation is running without errors. Only thing is: I can't start the sbs, it gives me above errors (either CPAN or for the Image:Scale Perl module).

One additional question: is it correct that SSOTS 4.14 still has the heartbleed bug? I've read that it's necessary to replace the bash file. Where do I get a safe one?

Thanks & BR
    Alex
    Last edited by Drauka; 2017-07-22 at 07:10. Reason: additional question

the installation is running without errors. Only thing is: I can't start the sbs
    I don't fully understand this statement, LMS is running on the nas?

What is sbs?

is it correct that SSOTS 4.14 still has the heartbleed bug? I've read that it's necessary to replace the bash file. Where do I get a safe one?
    Have a read here

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...by-SSOxS/page5

But frankly, the best thing to do is buy a rpi3b and put LMS on that and just use the nas to store the music files.

It's the painless way. I do it and so do a few others. Simples

Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    I don't fully understand this statement, LMS is running on the nas?

What is sbs?
    Sorry I meant LMS (SBS was for Squeezeboxserver).

Have a read here

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...by-SSOxS/page5

But frankly, the best thing to do is buy a rpi3b and put LMS on that and just use the nas to store the music files.

It's the painless way. I do it and so do a few others. Simples

Ronnie
    Mh... ok, maybe I'll go the RPI way then...

OK some success. I have installed SSODS and it successfully runs.