Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 78 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Cudlip View Post
    You can download the file anywhere, and just create a symbolic link in /tmp

e.g. download to /filesystem/file.tgz
    cd /tmp
    ln -s /filesystem/file.tgz file.tgz
    thanks. It's working now

Problems installing on Linkstation Live

Hi

I am following the instructions given at http://oinkzwurgl.org/ssods_installation

I have telnet to linkstation

I am entering the following commands :-

mkdir -p /mnt/disk1/SSODS4
    mkdir -p /opt
    ln -s /mnt/disk1/SSODS4 /opt/ssods4

I then get an error saying
    ln: /opt/ssods4: No such file or directory

I am not fluent in Linux so any help would be much appreciated. I have attempted to mkdir -p /opt/ssods4 but error message states that it cannot create directory.

Best Wishes

Did you have optware installed? what are the model and firmware of your linkstation ?

Quote Originally Posted by Geofft View Post
    Hi

I am following the instructions given at http://oinkzwurgl.org/ssods_installation

I have telnet to linkstation

I am entering the following commands :-

mkdir -p /mnt/disk1/SSODS4
    mkdir -p /opt
    ln -s /mnt/disk1/SSODS4 /opt/ssods4

I then get an error saying
    ln: /opt/ssods4: No such file or directory

I am not fluent in Linux so any help would be much appreciated. I have attempted to mkdir -p /opt/ssods4 but error message states that it cannot create directory.

Best Wishes

Quote Originally Posted by hatng View Post
    Did you have optware installed? what are the model and firmware of your linkstation ?
    I have had it installed but it has been uninstalled (I think). My linkstation is a Link Statiolnlive HS-DHGL 500 GB.

I am not fluent at all in linux - I was wondering if the OPT directory already existed and that is somehow blocking this link from being created. If so can I delete the OPT directory and recreate it safely using MKDIR?

Best Wishes

Quote Originally Posted by hatng View Post
    Hi hatng

Progress!!

I attempted to delete the /OPT/ directory - and could not for some reason. I therefore rebooted the Linkstation and then attempted to delete it and I succeeded! Typed in the 3 lines again and this time it worked! Seems something was blocking the previous OPT directory.

So I have continued and now hit another problem!!!

When I enter the line LC_ALL= /opt/ssods4/etc/init.d/rc.ssods start I get an error stating that:-

SSODS: checking ststem...
    Error: no user "ssods" and/or no group 'ssods' found!

You have two options:-

a) create the user 'ssods' and the group 'ssods'.

b) create a file /opt/ssods4/etc/ssods-local.conf with three lines

SSUSER=a_user_name
    SSGROUP=a_group_name
    THTTPDUSER=a_user_name

Then try again

Note: the chosen user and/or group must have read permissions on the music library.

Any ideas/advice on how to proceed with this???

Best Wishes

Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by TiredLegs View Post
    Hi,
    I'm running a Buffalo LinkStation Pro LS-500GL, with firmware version 1.03. I'm trying to load Squeezeserver with SSODS, as described at http://oinkzwurgl.org/ssods_installation. I got SSODS4 installed into my root directory (a 10GB partition), and it appears to start up OK after I figured out how to add SSUSER and SSGROUP.

When I go to http://192.168.1.130:9099/ssoxx, on the Install page Step 2, I can successfully upload the Squeezeboxserver tgz file, but then there's no way to "select" it to install. I'm guessing it has to do with the error that appears in c), as shown below.

Any ideas what I need to do?

Upload SqueezeboxServer and Choose Tar Ball
    a) Upload
    This dialog allows you to upload a SqueezeboxServer tar ball to SSOXX. Once the tar ball is uploaded it will show up in the list below where it can be selected to install.

Success: uploaded squeezeboxserver-7.4.2-arm-linux.tgz!

b) Alternate tar ball locations
    Altenatively, you can manually copy the tar ball to any of the following directories. Reload this page after you did so.

/tmp

c) Choose
    /opt/ssods4/libexec/ssods/ssods_cgi-install.sh: line 104: /dev/null: Permission denied /opt/ssods4/libexec/ssods/ssods_cgi-install.sh: line 104: /dev/null: Permission denied
    Unfortunately, no useable tar ball has been found.

Use the form above to upload or press Previous to start over.
    Hi Tiredlegs

I am trying to install squeezeserver in a Linkstation but am facing problems adding SSUSER and SSGROUP - I noticed you have managed it - would you be so kind as to tell me how?

Thanks

Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by Geofft View Post
    Hi hatng

Progress!!

I attempted to delete the /OPT/ directory - and could not for some reason. I therefore rebooted the Linkstation and then attempted to delete it and I succeeded! Typed in the 3 lines again and this time it worked! Seems something was blocking the previous OPT directory.

So I have continued and now hit another problem!!!

When I enter the line LC_ALL= /opt/ssods4/etc/init.d/rc.ssods start I get an error stating that:-

SSODS: checking ststem...
    Error: no user "ssods" and/or no group 'ssods' found!

You have two options:-

a) create the user 'ssods' and the group 'ssods'.

b) create a file /opt/ssods4/etc/ssods-local.conf with three lines

SSUSER=a_user_name
    SSGROUP=a_group_name
    THTTPDUSER=a_user_name

Then try again

Note: the chosen user and/or group must have read permissions on the music library.

Any ideas/advice on how to proceed with this???

Best Wishes

Geoff
    I think you should have OPTWARE installed in order to get SSODS to run on your system.

About the group an user, just do:

Code:
    groupadd ssods
    useradd -G ssods ssods

Quote Originally Posted by j-r View Post
    There is no x86 Version. SSODS is build with ELDK and ELDK only supports ARM and PPC CPUs, not x86.
    Confused - isn't SSODS 7.6.1 (ssods-4.14-i686.tar.gz) compiled for that System?
    Does anyone know why flipflip stopped to update?

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by sektoderselters View Post
    Confused - isn't SSODS 7.6.1 (ssods-4.14-i686.tar.gz) compiled for that System?
    Does anyone know why flipflip stopped to update?

Regards,
    Flipflip has done this as a Volunteer (not as a business) for a long time. So I can appreciate that he has shifted his interest. I am very happy that J-R has done some fixes to make it possible to install the more recent versions. He is also a volunteer, and consequently may not have access to all kinds of hardware to test the ports he has made.
    My system:
    LMS 7.7.1(rc1) on Diskstation DS207+ (DSM3.1-1594) via SSODS4.9.1mod2 (by j-r)
    LMS 7.7.2-002 on Diskstation DS212+ (DSM4.0) via .spk
    1 x Logitech Radio, 1 x Touch

Sorry for the noob req. I've seen from the signature that it's possible to run the 7.7.2 version on my old Synology Cs-407 (I've a the official 7.5.3 running now).
    It's possible to have a refer link to learn how to update it?
    Really thanks in advance!