Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

SSODS 4 released

Hello

I'm currently uploading SSODS 4.0-7.4.0. It should be available for download in a couple of hours or so at the usual location (see footer).

There are a couple of changes to previous versions of SSODS. I'll post here once I find time.

I did some minor testing on a couple of systems. However, maybe not everything works perfectly.

Let's use this thread for discussion about SSODS 4.

Regards,

flipflip

Hi flipflip and thanks for the job.

Just to clarify, I cannot instal SSODS 4.0 on my 209+ using the firmware update function as for previous release of SSODS i.e. 3.22, correct?

I do not have "basic Linux hacking skills"..... :-(
    Last edited by hpotez; 2009-10-18 at 17:17.
    HervÚ
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SB Duet / 4 SBs radio / Syno DS 211+ FW 4.2/

I followed your instruction and installed SSODS4. Guess I'm the first one to have SSODS4 installed

However, the upload SqueezeboxServer tar ball process stops 1/3 in the process. The IE8 progress bar stops moving after awhile.

Is there a directory I can put the Squeezebox tar ball directly for installation?

EDIT: ok, I found that I have to use Firefox to upload the tar ball. IE8 does not work, don't know why. Now, when I tell SSODS to extract the tar ball, it fails saying there is a trailing blank error. Ideas?

BTW, for others interested, the tar ball is stored at: /volume1/SSODS4/var/home/tarballs
    Last edited by Kuro; 2009-10-19 at 00:18.

The error msg of the SqueezeServer tar ball extraction is this:

squeezeboxserver-7.4.0-28672/Changelog3.html

gzip: stdin: decompression OK, trailing garbage ignored
    squeezeboxserver-7.4.0-28672/revision.txt
    tar: Child returned status 2
    tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

Despite the extraction failure, I'm able to start SqueezeboxServer... more testing to follow...

So far two comments:

1. Offer a way to delete the SqueezeBox Server tar ball once installation is finished.
    2. Also need a way to delete the incomplete tar ball upload via IE8

Maybe change the upload path back to the /volume1/public folder...

My hardware: DS209+, firmware 2.2-0942
    Last edited by Kuro; 2009-10-19 at 00:16.

So far two bugs found using SBS (SqueezeBox Server) 7.4.x:

- Does not recognize unicode characters in Playlist. All songs with such characters will be skipped

- Scanning of Artwork takes very long time. Now it is taking more than 10 secs per artwork file, I only have JPEG of 500x500 pixels for each artwork. Instead of taking 10 mins to scan the artwork, now it is taking over an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    So far two bugs found using SBS (SqueezeBox Server) 7.4.x:

- Does not recognize unicode characters in Playlist. All songs with such characters will be skipped
    Kuro, you are probably suffering from this bug:

https://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=4578

check it out, and if you are - perhaps you would like to add a comment that the bug still exists in 7.4x. and, of course, VOTE for it! ;-)

btw., comment #34 in that bug contains a quick'n'dirty fix (actually more like a hack) that restores unicode functionality in playlists. i can attest the hack works, i run SC 7.3.4. on a qnap ts409 pro and i re-apply the hack to every update of SC i do. tedious, but currently there seems to be no other solution.
    Last edited by dcote; 2009-10-19 at 02:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    The error msg of the SqueezeServer tar ball extraction is this:

squeezeboxserver-7.4.0-28672/Changelog3.html

squeezeboxserver-7.4.0-28672/revision.txt

Despite the extraction failure, I'm able to start SqueezeboxServer... more testing to follow...
    I get the same error on my DS109+
    DS415+ / DSM 6.1.3-15152-4 / ST4000VN000-2AH166
    LMS 7.9.0-164
    2 Squeezebox 3 + Boom

> gzip: stdin: decompression OK, trailing garbage ignored
    > squeezeboxserver-7.4.0-28672/revision.txt
    > tar: Child returned status 2
    > tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

That's normal. There's some form data that comes in after the file content and I haven't been able to figure out how to handle uploads correctly (i.e. how to determine the file size from the POST data). Patches for ssods_cgi-upload.sh are welcome..

Just ignore the error as long as you get all the "Success" messages below the textarea that lists the extracted files. Btw, it's not actually an error because only the child (gzip) complains (warns) about trailing garbage data but tar extracts all files just fine. If tar had a problem, SSODS would abort the installation and print an error message.

> 1. Offer a way to delete the SqueezeBox Server tar ball once installation is finished.

See SSODS.todo. For now you'll have to delete it manually. The tarballs are stored in $SSODSDIR/var/home/tarballs. I was thinking about deleting the tarball after installation. What do you think?

> 2. Also need a way to delete the incomplete tar ball upload via IE8

Dito. And uploading the same tarball again should overwrite the previously partially uploaded tarball (doesn't it?).

What's the exact problem with the upload using IE8? I cannot debug because I don't have any IE..

> Maybe change the upload path back to the /volume1/public folder...

Could be done for the DS. But a) won't work on other hardware and b) not all DS have that share.

I think I'll add the public share as an additional path to look for tarballs. So you could either upload one via SSODS or store it on the publich share.

flip

Quote Originally Posted by flipflip View Post
    > 1. Offer a way to delete the SqueezeBox Server tar ball once installation is finished.

See SSODS.todo. For now you'll have to delete it manually. The tarballs are stored in $SSODSDIR/var/home/tarballs. I was thinking about deleting the tarball after installation. What do you think?
    Yes, it'd be good to delete it if the file is under tarballs. Same for the SqueezeboxServer tar file if it is found in /volume1/public too.

> 2. Also need a way to delete the incomplete tar ball upload via IE8

Dito. And uploading the same tarball again should overwrite the previously partially uploaded tarball (doesn't it?).
    Currently, it does not overwrite previous incomplete file. It'd be good to overwrite the incomplete file. That means using the same file name instead of a new randomized file name.

What's the exact problem with the upload using IE8? I cannot debug because I don't have any IE..
    It'll upload, but stops when the progress bar is about 1/3 through.

I think I'll add the public share as an additional path to look for tarballs. So you could either upload one via SSODS or store it on the publich share.
    Yes please do!

Will SSODS4 get an automated installation via .PAT file?

Question SSODS 4 installs and starts OK on QNAP TS-409Pro, but SS install fails

Extracting the archive fails, at least nominally. On the "Install SqueezeCenter Tar Ball" page, a whole bunch of files get extracted, ending with squeezeboxserver-7.4.0-28672/revision.txt, and then the following message is displayed in the extraction box:

And then, after the extraction box:

Error: Extracting the tar ball failed. Try again.

I'm using squeezeboxserver-7.4.0-28672.tgz freshly downloaded from downloads.slimdevices.com/SqueezeboxServer_v7.4.0/.

This doesn't look like the fault of SSODS, but I'm not quite sure how to proceed. It would be nice if Logitech posted checksums so I could tell whether the download got corrupted somehow (though I've downloaded the tarball twice and gotten the same results each time).