Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Problems with anti-virus causing scan to terminate early

I'm getting the problem where scan terminates with this message: "Music scan terminated unexpectedly (Merge Various Artists)"

Reading here about the issue I tried it with my anti-virus switched off and that fixed it. The anti-virus product is "Microsoft Security Essentials".

So that's a workaround but really I'd like to switch MSE back on. I tried adding an exclusion of "...\All Users\Application Data\Squeezebox" which seemed like it ought to work but it doesn't.

Does anyone understand the MSE anti-virus well enough to see where I'm going wrong?

I was less confident with a more general exclusion since it seems it might reduce my protection. However, I've just set the scan going with MSE set with all sorts of exclusions (the mysqld process, *.my* files, paths, everything I could think of) and I'll see if that works. But it would be nice to hit the nail precisely on the head.

Any suggestions?

Still not working

And just to follow up:

Even with every exclusion I could think of it still doesn't work.

Yes, similar problem here with MSE (on a Windows 7 RTM box) -- scans (version 7.3.4) won't fully complete. I also tried all kinds of exclusions, but finally gave up and reinstalled Nod32 for the time being.

MrSinatra
    in my exp, and i have vast exp battling viruses, but in my exp there is no reason to use norton, mcafee or microsoft crapola.

use Avast. its free and its the best AV i have ever used, and it plays nice with SBS too.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
    use Avast. its free and its the best AV i have ever used, and it plays nice with SBS too.
    I could do this, in fact, I probably will, though I've heard AVG gives better detection rates these days...

But the point is that we can expect many people to be running MSE and so we should make an effort to get an appropriate fix for them. I don't think Logitech support will be happy telling customers which AV software to use.

Several people have reported a scanner failure during va merge... i wonder if something is accessed here for the first time that is not an *.my* file...
    You want to see the signal path BEFORE it gets onto a CD/vinyl...it ain't what you'd call minimal...
    Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
    Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
    Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Leigh View Post
    i wonder if something is accessed here for the first time that is not an *.my* file...
    The error message states that the problem is with

...\Application Data\Squeezebox\Cache\MySQL\#sql_1f24_0.MYI

so it just seems to be that MSE is not properly implementing the exclusion.

I've just installed MSE - running a scan now...
    You want to see the signal path BEFORE it gets onto a CD/vinyl...it ain't what you'd call minimal...
    Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
    Stax4070+SRM7/II phones

Thumbs down Yep - same here

[09-10-13 13:27:53.5171] Slim::Music::Import::runScanPostProcessing (425) Starting merge of various artists albums
    [09-10-13 13:27:54.6176] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (82) Error: DBI Exception: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Can't create/write to file 'C:\slimcache\MySQL\#sql_93c_0.MYD' (Errcode: 13) [for Statement "SELECT me.id, me.url, me.content_type, me.title, me.titlesort, me.titlesearch, me.album, me.primary_artist, me.tracknum, me.timestamp, me.filesize, me.disc, me.remote, me.audio, me.audio_size, me.audio_offset, me.year, me.secs, me.cover, me.vbr_scale, me.bitrate, me.samplerate, me.samplesize, me.channels, me.block_alignment, me.endian, me.bpm, me.tagversion, me.drm, me.musicmagic_mixable, me.musicbrainz_id, me.lossless, me.lyrics, me.replay_gain, me.replay_peak, me.extid, contributorTracks.role, contributorTracks.contributor, contributorTracks.track FROM tracks me LEFT JOIN contributor_track contributorTracks ON contributorTracks.track = me.id WHERE ( ( contributorTracks.role = ? AND me.album = ? ) ) ORDER BY contributorTracks.track"]
    Stax4070+SRM7/II phones

Quote Originally Posted by bstrulo View Post
    The error message states that the problem is with

...\Application Data\Squeezebox\Cache\MySQL\#sql_1f24_0.MYI

so it just seems to be that MSE is not properly implementing the exclusion.
    Did you try adding *.myd and *.myi as exclusions? I remember that for some people it did not work with McAfee with *.my*, but it did work with *.myd and *.myi.

Teus